Ascension Perks

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but your better of just buying juggs or quick revive for the first monkey round so you can get some of the other perks for free. That way the doors are still closed and the monkeys can't get there, increasing your chances of getting the 5th perk. For some reason you can't get the 6th perk, even after mule kick was added to all of the maps.

• Administrators

Yes, and by protect that doesn't mean that they can touch the machines and then you kill them without them taking one. You have to be sure they do not touch a single machine.

One of my favorite tactics for Quick Revive and Juggernog is to only open one of the doors so that you can guard both of them with only one person. For example, you can open the bottom door in the starting room and the top door that leads you to the MP5k and every monkey round, you can stand at the doorway to Jugg and it'll let you guard both at once.

1. Open doors in below sequence.

2. Upstairs leading to mp5k.

3. Mp5k door.

4. Trap door below Hole in the wall.

5. Go up the stairs passing mule kick , Pass the box location in mule kick room, up the stairs and open the door leading to power switch room.

Once you get power on, open the door to Juggernog from above i.e. where the stake out is located.

Why not open power door through stake out?

You don't want monkeys to start coming down stairs through power room so you are only guarding the front door by mp5k and you can guard jugg and flopper and speed/mule kick easily.

Don't buy fourth perk right away.Get 3 perks. Kill all monkeys and once you see a perk drop, run and grab the nearest perk. Voila.

I have seen people with more than 5 perks, not sure if that was solo or co-op but I have a feeling it was solo.

Hope that helps.

A few different tactics to try, thanks guys.

God Damn Monkeys! It took me three goes of monkey rounds before they dropped a perk bottle..Going for 30+ on ascension tonight will try and get that 5th perk.

Good luck mate. Remember don't open the doors for a while so if you get those perks you don't have to defend those perks :)

• Administrators

God Damn Monkeys! It took me three goes of monkey rounds before they dropped a perk bottle..Going for 30+ on ascension tonight will try and get that 5th perk.

Good luck mate. Remember don't open the doors for a while so if you get those perks you don't have to defend those perks :)

I tried that last night and I feel like I did something wrong because on solo you have to get Quick Revive, but doing it this way made it pretty hard to guard both Jugg and QR. Help perhaps?

I tried that last night and I feel like I did something wrong because on solo you have to get Quick Revive, but doing it this way made it pretty hard to guard both Jugg and QR. Help perhaps?

Tac, it doesn't work for solo. For solo you need to do a different strategy, try this.

Go around the mp5k side and turn on power and hit box. See if you can get lucky with box, may be ray gun or any AR. Open QR door. Get Jugg and Revive. Just stay in First room and kill monkeys as they come. Monkeys will only come through one spot because top door to Jugg is closed. Let hope you got anything but PHD flopper (Stamin UP or speed or mule kick as free perk) you are in luck my friend because you have not opened any doors. So no need to guard them. Second monkey round, Turn on the turret upstairs if you can as soon as the round starts, it helps and lets you know when they are coming down. Just defended Quick revive and hopefully you got speed cola or Mule Kick as your next free perk. Keep doing this until you get PHD flopper after that you have to pretty much just defend QR and PHD Flopper. So kill as many monkeys as you can when the round starts and when the turret stops firing rush to the PHD flopper and kill them.

Hope that helps.

• Administrators

Tac, it doesn't work for solo. For solo you need to do a different strategy, try this.

Go around the mp5k side and turn on power and hit box. See if you can get lucky with box, may be ray gun or any AR. Open QR door. Get Jugg and Revive. Just stay in First room and kill monkeys as they come. Monkeys will only come through one spot because top door to Jugg is closed. Let hope you got anything but PHD flopper (Stamin UP or speed or mule kick as free perk) you are in luck my friend because you have not opened any doors. So no need to guard them. Second monkey round, Turn on the turret upstairs if you can as soon as the round starts, it helps and lets you know when they are coming down. Just defended Quick revive and hopefully you got speed cola or Mule Kick as your next free perk. Keep doing this until you get PHD flopper after that you have to pretty much just defend QR and PHD Flopper. So kill as many monkeys as you can when the round starts and when the turret stops firing rush to the PHD flopper and kill them.

Hope that helps.

Ok yeah that was my previous strategy, to only open the bottom door to funnel them all in from one way, but then I noticed you had a 141 on Ascension compared to my 59 so I figured I'd try your strat thinking it was solo :P Thank you for that help!

For this map you only need 4 perks (QR, Jugg, Speed and Flopper )in case you are considering high rounds :P . Really, I could care less if monkeys steal my other perks, I would put all my force to guard Quick revive and would get my perks next round after I make a new train of zombies. Avoid stacking claymores.

3 popular strategies for high round run on this map,

1. Pap room which Zeratul did. Very fast but bit risky.

2. First room with QR Door closed. Very fast and efficient strategy but then you have to risk your Juggernog to protect Quick revive.

3.PHD Lander Strategy by nades - safest but painfully slow.

• Administrators

For this map you only need 4 perks (QR, Jugg, Speed and Flopper )in case you are considering high rounds :P . Really, I could care less if monkeys steal my other perks, I would put all my force to guard Quick revive and would get my perks next round after I make a new train of zombies. Avoid stacking claymores.

3 popular strategies for high round run on this map,

1. Pap room which Zeratul did. Very fast but bit risky.

2. First room with QR Door closed. Very fast and efficient strategy but then you have to risk your Juggernog to protect Quick revive.

3.PHD Lander Strategy by nades - safest but painfully slow.

1. I haven't ever heard that strategy, but it seems like it'd be kinda hard haha.

2. I'd totally try that if it wasn't for the fact that we have to open that door :(

3. I usually sit by the PhD Lander, but switch off every wave of 24 between using my Thundergun then using the trap that goes towards the PAP room.

3. I usually sit by the PhD Lander, but switch off every wave of 24 between using my Thundergun then using the trap that goes towards the PAP room.

lol, that's what I did, switched between pap and stamin up trap with thundergun. This is must in high rounds especially after 100. Before 100 anyone should be able to buy a new thundergun at the end of each round if you can accurately predict the end of the round. After that you must either use traps or box mid round, because the amount of shots in thundergun and zeus cannon is simply not enough.

*P.S: sorry for going off topic folks, just making a point.

OP, let me know how your perk hunting went in co-op :)