WaW & BO maps: The Situation

I've been thinking about this ever since it was announced that we'll be getting double the amount of zombies.

Simply put, all the maps from World at War and Black Ops, were not meant to have any more zombies than there already are, with the possible exceptions of some Black Ops maps. Nacht der Untoten would not work with 48+ zombies in it, as would Zombie Verruckt and so on. While it might work on Moon, it would still severely affect gameplay and strategy.

I've always figured they would not include them for those reasons. Because they weren't built for 48+ zombies. Although I have done some thinking about it, and it is still possible for them to include these maps.

How do you think Treyarch will deal with these maps? Do you think they'll add them in? And if so, how do you think they'll overcome this problem?

I think it's very possible that if they were to include them, that they would put a cap on the amount of zombies to 24, like it always has. Just because it has the ability to have more, doesn't mean it should or it has too.

With that said, it's also possible they may even keep the 24 zombie cap for Classic Mode (WaW/BO style) in Black Ops 2, as to give it the same feel. Perhaps the 48+ zombies is for many different game modes involving more than 4 players?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a tricky one. Would they put them in? I think it'd be wrong to release it as DLC, seeing as people who bought the WaW DLC and the Rezurrection DLC would have paid for those maps a third time if they came out as DLC on BOII. And Treyarch gave Rezurrection out for free for people who had gotten the Hardened or Prestige editions, so it's definitely plausible for the previous maps to just be included for free.

As for Zombie amount caps, I dunno. I guess they'll just cap it at the usual amount as not to change them too much. But, i'm sure there won't be any lag on a map with only 24 Zombies on it, if the engine is perfectly capable of running almost double that.

If they kept those maps as they are in Black Ops, but ran them on the multiplayer engine, can you imagine how smooth that would run? I don't think even the high rounds would get that laggy anymore (depending on host). And they would have host migration.

I sincerely hope all these maps are included with the release of the game. Some could even be used for these new game modes. Wouldn't that make sense? Instead of having to create several new maps right off the bat, they already have 10 at their disposal. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what Treyarch will do about this.

The thing is, sure, the 10 WaW and BO maps sound good, but honestly, I would prefer new maps over them. Don't get me wrong, I love them and wouldn't say no to their inclusion. But if I had the choice for more new maps at the expense of adding the old ones, I would want more new ones. I can just play Black Ops if I wanted to play the others.

Wasn't really the point, but I felt I had to say that haha.

Anyway, I definitely agree that games should be a lot more smoother now because of the move. A lot more features should be added too because of the change, such as Overall Statistics. I would love that, and I see it very likely that it'll be added. Contracts would add some diversity and change if they added them for Zombies. It would be very interesting to see how they do that one. And lastly, Theater Mode. It's probably unlikely it would be added, considering MP games only went for about 10 minutes. But hell, even a 10 minute limit for a Zombies Theater Mode would be nice!

Back to the point about the 10 maps. I don't think they'd add them right away. They might include one or two of them right away, along with the new ones. But I don't see them all being added right away. With the likely inclusion of Elite, plus 360 getting DLC first, I could see them adding in one or two of the old maps for free with each Content Drop or Collection.

However, that's not taking into account the Hardened and Prestige editions. I could actually see one of those coming with half, if not all the WaW and BO maps.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. ;)

• Administrators

What if by "double the zombies" he means that there are double the zombies in a round, but still only 24 on the map at once? Sorry if I missed something, I haven't read any quotes directly about this so I don't know the context it was said in.

That then brings up the next question - will there be a hardened or prestige edition? This question has been around for a while, and I apologize for not knowing the answer, but does anyone know of any news regarding this?

As for this, I haven't heard anything yet on a Prestige or Hardened Edition, but I think that if there was a Prestige Edition, a Quadrotor is not out of the question to be included.

What if by "double the zombies" he means that there are double the zombies in a round, but still only 24 on the map at once? Sorry if I missed something, I haven't read any quotes directly about this so I don't know the context it was said in.

That then brings up the next question - will there be a hardened or prestige edition? This question has been around for a while, and I apologize for not knowing the answer, but does anyone know of any news regarding this?

As for this, I haven't heard anything yet on a Prestige or Hardened Edition, but I think that if there was a Prestige Edition, a Quadrotor is not out of the question to be included.

Pretty sure it doesn't mean double the amount in a round. They could have done that on Black Ops 1, but they're making a big deal over being able to add more Zombies by moving it over to the multiplayer engine. I'm pretty sure they literally mean, "there will be more Zombies"

Sorry but twice the amount of zombies in a round would just make life a living hell. It already takes a few hours to get to 50 in Black ops co-op, about 6-8hours depending on play style. Would you really want double the amount of zombies in a round? That would put me on the brink of insanity :lol: .

And here's an idea...What if they bring back some of the old maps, but completely revamped them and made them even bigger, add new things to them, etc. I mean that's not too far off just expanding the maps they had already, hell it would be pretty easy for them. Example maps like verruckt where people glitch and go outside the map all the time anyway, instead they would just add a door leading outside and make it playable. Just an idea.

I would agree with taking new ones over the old ones. But I do also think they will be included in there at some point, just for the sake of having even more maps. I know there are still people that haven't played many of them, the newer ones especially.

But what I'm saying is that if these new game modes are playable in smaller maps, why not put them in there for the purpose of at least having somewhat of a variety instead only being able to play them on two or three maps on the game's release. Wouldn't that make sense to be the smart thing to do?

Also I refuse to pay for them again unless they do come with the other DLC.

I think of any edition of COD that Treyarch makes that they include zombies in with the game then the WaW should always be playable. They just have a classic feel to them. Even when I go and play zombies on Black Ops I'm always selecting Verruckt or Shi No Numa over crap maps like Call of the Dead.