Back to Area 51?

I don't know if this has been posted before, but I thought I would share it anyway.

I was playing Moon recently trying to do the No Man's Land challenge, so naturally, I heard a lot of quotes regarding Area 51 from the characters. And I noticed a quote that Takeo sometimes says when the match starts.

"I get it..... we are not supposed to be here"

What does this mean? Does this mean we will be seeing Area 51 again? Maybe not as a map, but possibly mentioned or elaborated upon further in the story. Why is it absolutely swarming with zombies and hellhounds in the first place? Based on what Maxis said about there being a large supply of 115 at the American's Nevada base, I assume that's how the outbreak initially started.

I just haven't seen many people talk about this and in lieu of the new game coming out, I believe this to be rather relevant now.

Discuss [brains]

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It will definitely be integrated with the storyline, as a large chunk of the storyline has to do with extra terrestrial travels, including the Moon, and Area 51. We will definitely be hearing about it again, but playing again on the same map doesn't seem as plausible. If they do, I think they'll do something similar to Black Ops, maybe Moon again, with revamped weapons and equipment. Maybe when they bring it back, updates to the actual map and easter egg?

It was the way he said it though, just very ominously. You just have to listen it to understand what I'm saying. And I'm not saying we'll see this as a map, just referenced again within the narrative. Area 51 seems to work better with the small dose we were given. I just believe that Area 51 was left way too open-ended, so much left unexplained.

• Administrators

I've never noticed that quote before, it's interesting. I think that in the end it means that Area 51 is a very secretive place and only government officials are allowed there, so he realizes they shouldn't be there.