I know there have been lots of questions lately regarding whether or not there is going to be one huge map or many smaller maps and I just thought of something. What if there is one HUGE map but when the game first comes out, only a portion of it was "open". Then, every week or two, a new area was opened up and able to be explored. For instance you could start out the map with just a few streets and buildings when the game first comes out. Then, a couple of weeks after release, the map could be updated with like a new area(i.e sewer area, tunnel area, etc) so that way we get new content on a regular basis and the zombie team can get feedback from us and find out what we like so they can make the map awesome. It would be like an evolving map.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a neat idea, but one problem I see is that this would eventually become a gigantic map. People would also get bored with it eventually as well. Sure there would be new areas every once in a while, but it's still the same environment. Also, what would be available from the beginning in terms of weapons/perks/equipment/e.t.c.?

Don't get me wrong, I do like this idea. It's just that I don't think a lot of other people would.

• Administrators

This is a neat idea, but one problem I see is that this would eventually become a gigantic map. People would also get bored with it eventually as well. Sure there would be new areas every once in a while, but it's still the same environment. Also, what would be available from the beginning in terms of weapons/perks/equipment/e.t.c.?

Don't get me wrong, I do like this idea. It's just that I don't think a lot of other people would.

Well they did say that this this map would be the largest world they have ever created. But, I do believe that with all the hype they are throwing at this map, they aren't going to do that idea just because it'll leave people disappointed that they don't get to see all of it right away. I know, you may think they will be more excited to see what lies ahead in the map, but I don't think Treyarch would make the risk. I think it's a very neat idea, but I don't see it as happening.

As for the perk location question, it would be cool to only have one perk available, like just quick revive for instance. Then, before each update release, they could have the community vote on which perk they wanted next.

As for the perk location question, it would be cool to only have one perk available, like just quick revive for instance. Then, before each update release, they could have the community vote on which perk they wanted next.

I would guess people would want Juggernog first, not Quick Revive.

Also, I don't know if an open world would work with even 8 players though. A huge map like that would feel way too big for even 8 players, let alone 4. But I don't think they could support that many players/zombies/objects/all that fun crap. Plus that would be so different than what people are accustomed to, only having one map. It's all just so complicated.

I would guess people would want Juggernog first, not Quick Revive.

Also, I don't know if an open world would work with even 8 players though. A huge map like that would feel way too big for even 8 players, let alone 4. But I don't think they could support that many players/zombies/objects/all that fun crap. Plus that would be so different than what people are accustomed to, only having one map. It's all just so complicated.

Since, they're running on the multiplayer engine this go around their capabilites are going to be extensive. I don't think they'll have any problem with a large, open world type map, throwing in 8 players, loads of zombies, an extensive amount of equipment I'm sure(maybe even killstreaks who knows.) I think they've got something huge in store for us with this 8 player Zombie mode.

I think it's just a bit odd how they refer to it as "The Map". They make it sound like something bigger than just the first map. I don't know probably just me.

I'm not totally against this idea of an open map like the one you described actually. We could always get a new map for a classic mode each DLC release, and the open world that gets weekly updates in between. I dont know, seems like a cool concept to me.

Since, they're running on the multiplayer engine this go around their capabilites are going to be extensive. I don't think they'll have any problem with a large, open world type map, throwing in 8 players, loads of zombies, an extensive amount of equipment I'm sure(maybe even killstreaks who knows.) I think they've got something huge in store for us with this 8 player Zombie mode.

I think it's just a bit odd how they refer to it as "The Map". They make it sound like something bigger than just the first map. I don't know probably just me.

I'm not totally against this idea of an open map like the one you described actually. We could always get a new map for a classic mode each DLC release, and the open world that gets weekly updates in between. I dont know, seems like a cool concept to me.

The multiplayer engine, as we have seen so far, has been able to handle at most 18 players. Now when you factor in double the usual amount of zombies (around 40+ or so), interactions with the environment (such as wall weapons, box, traps, perk machines, PaP, Landers, teleporters, geysers, barriers, windows, the list goes on) that's is a lot for a system to handle. The multiplayer engine has been able to handle more, but I don't think it could handle a map as big as what he's describing with all this and most likely more. Just saying.

I think you overestimate the hardware capabilities of what they have to work with. It would take a crapload more video ram than the 256mb (might be 512 not sure) that is in the xbox/ps3. If the map were big enough to warrant opening sections at a time, then we'd see loading screen, glitched zombies from them transferring to different areas and not loading on a players screen, horrible frame rate drop when lots of people try to transfer. I like this idea though but not for a CoD game. Seems more F2P MMO to me than CoD.