Zombie Diner. Possible Part Of Map?

What is up Zombies fans! This is Dark Jolteon coming forward with his first theory in a long time. It's not the biggest or the best of theories, but it is solid.

As you will have seen by the title, my theory discusses a possibility for a new map, or at least part of a map. For those of you who have not heard, at E3, we saw our first glances at Zombies on Black Ops II. Very little was revealed, however there was one small part that stood out to me. No, it was not the Open Plan styling of things, or the concept art, or anything at all similar. This image stood out to me:

(My thanks go to LiamFTWinter for aquiring the image for me)

Now, what is so special about this Diner? Well, this specific Diner? Not much at all if I'm honest. I do not look directly at the specific image, but in fact to the past, and things we have previously seen to link this Diner with our beloved Zombies.

Where have we seen anything even remotely similar? Not in any map of course. However, in the advertisements for the Black Ops Map Packs, part of the setting was a Diner. This is where my thoery spins from:

So, there is my link. My theory will now follow.

I now believe that Treyarch have been slowly dropping new hints in the most obvious of places. Treyarch have hinted to us on a number of occasions that we have been missing something right in front of us. What could be any clearer than the adverts for their Map Packs? The Diner shown above, I believe, is the same Diner that we have been seeing in Map Pack adverts for the duration of Black Ops.

But what does this mean? Well, it could mean a lot, or nothing at all. One possibility would be that the Diner has no link to the Adverts whatsoever, and is just a Diner in a Zombie Map. Or, it could be much more.

It could be a hint that we will be seeing this Diner in some sort of objective based defence map, or something similar, or it could mean that the man working in the Diner could become some sort of Zombie Boss, or even a Playable Character. The possibilities are almost endless.

Leave your opinions and criticisms below, and thanks for reading.

-Jolteon

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps the diner is a hub of some sorts in the zombie mode. For example, it could function like the armories in MW3' survival mode in these new 4v4 modes. Unless they give you a ton of ammo with decent guns right from the start, I don't think I could last with only 40 shots in a rather weak pistol against 4 other players and a horde of zombies.

• Administrators

Well this is very unlikely but what if they were the same diner and when you entered the diner in the map you see the titles of other maps as "orders" on the board, like in the advertisements. Except now, they are the zombies maps.

So when you look at them, you can shoot a name of another map and it automatically teleports you back to that map for a few minutes and then teleport you back to the map with the Diner.

While it's a nice idea Jolteon, the exterior of the diner in the trailers is totally different to the Mack Diner we've seen. My best guess is that the Mack Diner is a reference image for a part of "The Map". Odds are the diner will just be a place we can go with a box spawn and possibly a perk machine or wall weapon. Nice ideas though :D

You are correct. Oh well, it was worth a shot :lol:

On another note, perhaps this diner could become a new menu screen for Zombies? A Zombified Diner, with a menu to choose from :lol: I know it's unlikely, but it would be fun... I like your idea too Tac

-Jolteon

You are correct. Oh well, it was worth a shot :lol:

On another note, perhaps this diner could become a new menu screen for Zombies? A Zombified Diner, with a menu to choose from :lol: I know it's unlikely, but it would be fun... I like your idea too Tac

-Jolteon

I really like that idea! There could also be a "Specials" menu where you would pick the DLC maps. It would make me hungry for some zombie brains. ;)