Zombies Campaign Discussion Page

Hypocrite... Seriously, you're using something that was used against you against me. Apparently you're just as negative, so don't go on like that.

At the very least I was going to STOP posting, but you just drew me back in. Thanks. People ALWAYS seem to do this. I asked people something, then you bring upon more negativity. Now, lets end this.

At the very least I am being negative on something that could possibly really suck, or not be how everyone wanted it to be. Now, please, could someone explain to me why Zombie Campaign is a good idea in a polite manor, and I will be polite in return.

Well I was showing you how he pointed out how negative I was being and made me realize I should have a more open mind about it but apparently you took it the wrong way.

On the reasons why it could potentially be good:

1) Treyarch is looking to draw in more new players for their entire game in general so putting in a zombie campaign somewhere would catch up any new players on the story so they're not left in a position where they have to go back to buying black ops just to understand the story.

2) Bridging the gaps between maps of course for the theorists who've tried to figure out xyz and how x happened when y was happening. For us veteran zombie slayers we could finally understand the timeline and skips in between. And a more detailed look at our crew and group 935 maybe the ascension group as well even how they got overrun.

3) Lamia has assured in one of the interviews that the wave based game mode will still be there, and I mean of course business wise getting rid of the wave based mode would cause them to lose many of the loyal, veteran zombie killers. Where we can mindlessly shoot zombies in the face for hours until we finally die.

4) A multiplayer mode which shows that maybe they're trying to reach out to the community that likes to shoot each other in the face for killstreaks. They're going hey guys we put something in zombies that you can even get competetive with. Lamia even said guys should start getting their clans ready in an interview somewhere.

So really I don't know if the game is going to be perfect, I haven't played it yet. I just going to stopped bagging on it because maybe it actually will be good. They're trying to put something in it for everyone and the bottom line is that we ASKED for change. We put out ideas and apparently they tried to incorporate these ideas in there. So just go in there with an open mind (because seriously I was thinking it might turn into a L4D/ resident evil type game), hope for the best, that they stayed true to the original style of zombies and it could be better than what we think.

Let's save our hate and worries for when the game comes out at least. That way you can just come back on the forums and say "Mhm told ya so."

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What im thinking would be awesome is if there was a single player and co op campaign (both zombie). The single player would have u play as each character of our main heros. So maybe at the beggining you would start off as richtofen and it would show you in his perspective of like when he trapped the maxis family in the telepoter or when he went to the moon the first time by himself. After that it would go to dempsey and you would see how his marines and himself got into nacht der untotn (im just going off of if it was dempsey in the first 2 maps). And then you would also have parts for nicholai and takeo. For the co op campaign it would put you as the the original crew and it could just fill in all the grey areas and questions that we have storywise. Also it could show how JFK and his crew ended up in the mess they got into and if they ever survived. Same goes for the hollywood :lol: crew too. And i dont think they would have it as rounds either. It should be to where there is a certain ammount of zombies that spawn and after you kill them there would be an objective to where it makes you either look for an object or shoot an item on the wall and once you do that more zombies would spawn and you would have a couple more objectives to do. I just think it would be awesome to see in thier own perspective how the story evolved sooooo much. Sorry for such a long post haha!

@LJx19

Ya, I wasn't really sure how to interpret that, so thanks for clearing that up.

As for reasons, I'm pretty sure the biggest one is bridging that gap that you mentioned, which makes sense.

If they find a way to make it GOOD (and now that I think about it, there are several ways without taking out the EE) I will be... semi for it. I don't think there's a whole lot of reason, because frankly it would be more replayable to just make more maps instead.

Asking me to be open minded... :lol:

Okay, well I'm going to stop the arguing guys. Hopefully we'll get a confirmation on whether or not it's real soon. That's what I really hate, people who think it's 100% true without treyarch's confirmation.

@ballbearing32

You, sir, are a genius. That is a way I think it could work. Origin stories in addition would be fantastic for our heroes, and the rest sounds pretty great. I'm open for filling in the gaps, just not the entire new part of the story.

How about a "Story Mode" that includes all the old maps, when you complete a certain objective on the map you will then finish that "mission" and move on to the next map. I think this would be a great way to fill in the gaps left by W@W and Blops and would give us all our classic maps, but new.

Think about it. You could see what brought the plane down in Nacht, Dempsey getting captured at Veruckt and meeting Rich... Takeo and Nicholai being experimented on in Shi No Numa or COTD. You could see Rich's first trip to Shang and the Moon. Maybe even see the original Der Riese outbreak...You could see what happens to the Presidents or why Rich's picture is in the pentagon, who is the thief and his origins.

A short little 10 level zombie campaign to fill in the gaps and become 3Arc's superior version of Spec-Ops.

^^^^This is an old post of mine from last month, I still can stand behind it.

But other ideas have come to mind. What if the "Campaign" ties the SP to Zombies maybe you could play as Woods, Mason, Hudson and Reznov. All the terminal stuff was already merging the two. But it wouldn't affect the Main story just like the terminal info, it waould just be a fun side story.

Or...

The campaign takes place on the scorched earth and you are just a band of survivors trying to figure out what the f*ck happened and how to survive. This could eventually lead you to our old gang or even to a solo Sam who's taken over the fight with 935 and is now like a Grimsdotter/Diana/Asset type of character who organizes the remaining humans into a coherent resistence.

Or...

The campaign could focus on the failed MKUltra attempts to control the zombies. Maybe you play as remnants of 935 trying to clean up their Charlie Foxtrot by getting their broadcasting towers to work or some other such objective. Kind of seeing the fight from the other side.

They could do a lot with it. It just depends how far into left field they're going to go with this...

Jus little old me chipping in here...

When we say "Zombies Campaign", what do we mean exactly? An on-rails story mode similar to that of previous Call of Duty campaigns? I think that's what most people are thinking. Nuh uh. I doubt it'll be anything like that. Simply a mode where the game-play and tasks set are heavily contributing to the story.

From the interviews and such I've seen so far, we will still have classic horde mode, as we're used to. That's one thing they've stressed, is that Zombies as we know and love is not budging.

In recent maps, really from Ascension onward, I felt as though the balance between telling a great story, and making a great map, was breaking down a bit. Take Moon, for example. An epic cliff-hanger for the Zombies story, but the map design was a tad shoddy. Way too much new stuff that wasn't thought through enough in my opinion. So maybe, this is a way in which we can have a mode that delivers greats maps and has superb game-play, and then a separate mode in which we discover everything. Where the more we play and do... whatever the game-mode entails... uncovers more of the previous story and furthers the story too.

Just my two cents 'n' such.

Have nice day.

CCM

Jus little old me chipping in here...

When we say "Zombies Campaign", what do we mean exactly? An on-rails story mode similar to that of previous Call of Duty campaigns? I think that's what most people are thinking.

I'm figuring it's exactly as it says it...a campaign mode where you play through a story of sorts and kill zombies while doing it.

Nuh uh. I doubt it'll be anything like that. Simply a mode where the game-play and tasks set are heavily contributing to the story.

CCM

Oh...I believe the term you're looking for in this is what we've come to know as Easter eggs. The game-play where you kill zombies and there's a task that contributes to more story knowledge...almost like Moon, Shangri-la, Ascension, Call of the dead. If that were the case in point, I don't think Lamia would have pretty much said there's a campaign, the wave based mode that we know and love will still be there, and there's a new multiplayer mode. So yea I think it's a pretty safe bet that there is a story mode based campaign. :geek:

Based on the way Lamia worded it in the Machinima interview, I wonder if the "campaign" will just be the regular maps with more objective based gameplay, including more interactions with the enviroment and such. BUT also keeping that same classic survival for those who don't wish to take part in the campaign, so that if they didn't want to play that, all they have to do is just not do whatever the objective is. Simple as that, problem solved.

You're not going to be able to please everybody, so you have to think of the fanbase as a whole, and what they would all (or the majority) enjoy the most. All I can really say is let's not judge the game until we have played it ourselves and assume the gameplay will be like L4D (Which I still don't get because Treyarch never said the gameplay would be like that, it's not like they're changing it from a FPS or anything, so why people would even think that is beyond me).

I'm just going to go into this new game hoping I will love it, not focusing on what could possibly (keyword here) be bad. Is it so wrong to believe that this might actually be a good game?

I'm just going to go into this new game hoping I will love it, not focusing on what could possibly (keyword here) be bad. Is it so wrong to believe that this might actually be a good game?

As I've said in other posts I also really think that this game will be one of the best that COD has to offer. Maybe I am a little bit too forward with it thinking it'll be great even though we haven't seen much gameplay but all of the new features are a HUGE step up what IW ever did with MW, if there isn't a campaign then for me it doesn't really matter as I know that Zombies will still be there in its shining glory, I mean there is NOTHING wrong with zombies as it is now. I'm just saying that if there was a campaign then I would welcome it. :D

Right, let me just say that I believe there will be a Zombies Campaign. Or at least that zombies will play an integral part within the game. I mean, we know they are working on something big and bold, and pushing the boundaries of what we know as 'Zombies'. They are not bigging it up this much and then just plonking another repetition of classic zombies. Change is coming... big time. They don't know if this could end up being the final saga, so they'll want to make sure zombies comes out in all it's glory.

Will this detract from discovering the story you ask? Of course not! We'll just learn it in new ways! Who says there can't be easter eggs within a campaign mode? I'm sure they wouldn't allow for the whole story, in all it's detail, to be in plain and obvious sight. They'll probably just keep a brief outline on show. The rest you'll have to work out yourselves. They've done us proud so far.

Change is the law of life. Those who look only to the past, are certain to miss the future...

• Administrators

I dunno about the campaign. That would jsut load the game to its limits. And how would they accomplish such a feat? If they did do a campaign, it would be bannanas

Well since they are now running the Zombies modes on the multiplayer engine, it clears up space elsewhere where Zombies used to be I think. Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's how it works. So now, with that extra space, no matter how minute, they may be able to fit a campaign in there.

Perhaps They could include an campaign that has nothing to do with the classic zombie story mode...Well except for the rockets blowing up earth. This leads me to the zombie poster,when you pre-ordered BO2.The atmosphere seems the same,comparing the poster to

Area 51 after the EE.(I'm talking about the orange tone of color) I thinks it's very well possible that we will take on different roles trying to find the origins as of how the rockets were launched. But of course we already know how. :)

What I don't think people realize is that the campaign may only cover everything up to Moon, and therefore we would still have to learn the story with the new maps through EE's. Or that the campaign could follow a completely different group of people. We don't know what they'll do, but I'm willing to bet that it'll be awesome.

They will include easter eggs with the new maps, if they didn't then alot of people will miss them. That would be on the classic mode of zombies.

In a campaign mode, they will tell the story of the easter eggs in a greater depth, explaining how and why they happened. They couldn't make a true zombies campaign unless they expand it every few months with DLC.