Zombies Campaign Discussion Page

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off sorry for posting something similar a few minutes ago!!!

It'll be longer, promoted from a handful of stages to a full-length campaign

It seems to be written in a matter of fact sort of way so it actually makes me believe it in a way.

As we already know the map is going to be HUGE but does that mean that they could still make a zombie campaign at the same time?

If there was a campaign/story I would like it to start of at Verruckt and progress from there maybe telling us the story that has happened then going onto new maps.

Lets say you are in Verruckt your goal is to turn the power on, activate the dentist chair etc. and get to a certain round while surviving zombies, after this has been completed you will go on the next area maybe by completing another task or just by it fading out or waiting until you get downed and the next map will do the same etc.

This goes on until we get to the moon. From then on you go onto new maps lets call it "the map" once you have done all the objectives you then unlock it in survival mode (traditional Zombies) along with other modes (4v4 & 8 player).

Other maps in the campaign that follow "the map" will also have objectives that when complete will unlock them in survival mode, this means that you can't play it before hand meaning you have no idea where you're going and have to adapt quickly giving us the survival aspect. :twisted:

Aslong as there is no cutscenes then I'd be happy.

It can not, and WILL not happen. Didn't treyarch confirm it wouldn't happen, that they didn't want to take away from the core gameplay? Well, that would take it away. If it did happen, it would take away the fun of EEs as well.

At the very least, change the title of the thread so if doesn't sound confirmed. Misleading title is misleading.

They never said that was the only map they're making. Just because they only showed one map simply called "the map" doesn't mean they won't make any more. They wouldn't upset their fanbase like that. I bet it was only called the map because either they didn't have a working title at the point that video was made, or they didn't want to show it if it gave away anything about the story.

• Administrators

I think that there is always the possibility for a section for a campaign and then those that don't want to participate in the campaign can play standard zombies mode that we are all currently used to.

Everyone who says a zombie campaign is not happening is dumb. Watch Syndicates video. Its living proof that we will have a co-op campaign that involves zombies.

Living proof from a guy that doesn't work with treyarch? I think not. Don't call people dumb. It's still relatively unlikely.

I think that there is always the possibility for a section for a campaign and then those that don't want to participate in the campaign can play standard zombies mode that we are all currently used to.

Remember, it's not just gameplay. Some people like finding the story. We wouldn't have this site if it wasn't for that. I highly doubt they would simply get rid of that and have the campaign.

• Administrators

Remember, it's not just gameplay. Some people like finding the story. We wouldn't have this site if it wasn't for that. I highly doubt they would simply get rid of that and have the campaign.

Yeah that is what I am saying, they would have the standard mode that we have today because they would never get rid of the core of what made Zombies so large in the first place.

Yeah that is what I am saying, they would have the standard mode that we have today because they would never get rid of the core of what made Zombies so large in the first place.

I do love EEs... what if zombies campaign was just about apocalypse survivors?

If they did a campaign, I don't think that means there wouldn't be any more easter eggs on the regular maps. I would guess that the campaign would only cover everything up to Moon, or as someone already suggested, it could cover a completely different group of survivors. Easter eggs could also be used not just for story purposes, but for more practical uses as well, such as unlocking things within a map, or obtaining stuff like all the perks.

However they may have done it, I have complete faith in Treyarch that they haven't let us down. People have been skeptical of just about every change in zombies since Nacht (not all, but most) yet it has done nothing but improve our experiences of playing the game even more. I haven't been disappointed at all because Treyarch knows what we want as a whole, and they take that into consideration when making these games.

Yes things may be different, but would that be such a bad thing after all?

What... what's so bad about cutscenes? I never actually understood that part.

Another thing, if it's ANYTHING like the CoD campaign, it's pretty much a one time play thing, so if there was it wouldn't in that forum. I don't see any other way to get about it, except for the L4D route (which sucks), or surviving one area and then moving on, which I don't think quite works either, but that's just me.

They'd have to make basically an entirely different story for campaign then, like some of us are saying about a different group.

They could have it where your doing basic survival rounds, but have a campaign based Easter egg to move you to the next level.

What's the point of that then, if it's the EXACT same, but you just move on. Screw that, I'd rather just have one continuous map, and then once you die the game is over. The story just continues through maps like it always has. That's way more fun IMO.

It can not, and WILL not happen. Didn't treyarch confirm it wouldn't happen, that they didn't want to take away from the core gameplay? Well, that would take it away. If it did happen, it would take away the fun of EEs as well.

At the very least, change the title of the thread so if doesn't sound confirmed. Misleading title is misleading.

They also never said that it COULDN'T happen.

They could have it where your doing basic survival rounds, but have a campaign based Easter egg to move you to the next level.

What's the point of that then, if it's the EXACT same, but you just move on. Screw that, I'd rather just have one continuous map, and then once you die the game is over. The story just continues through maps like it always has. That's way more fun IMO.

Its not exactly the same. And why have the story maps be the same if we will have different game modes that all ready incorporate survival based games? Change is coming whether we like it or not so suck it up.