Oliver North: New Zombie Character?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"It'll be longer, promoted from a handful of stages to a full-length campaign"

Doesn't sound like opinion to me. They use wording like this. Very matter-of-fact. This isn't the wordage they would use if they wanted to speculate.

I'm more talking about the characters, the campaign has been pretty much confirmed quite a few times.

Well to me if one part of the article is confirmed then the whole thing is. It'd be weird to switch from confirmed facts to speculation halfway through the article with no warning. It's a bad writing technique, confuse the readers. And I doubt this website would have any ill will for the community; their not gonna knowingly feed us bad information. Anyway my opinion is that this article is 100% legit, but thats just me.

A good point, but Mix was talking about being treasonous. The Nuremberg trials were about crimes against humanity.

The difference being that basically the entire Nazi high command was actively involved in the "Final Solution" as ordered by their Furher.

Ollie North on the other hand did not commit any crimes against humanity. He was the go between in a "Black Op" worked out between the CIA, and the Nicaraguan Contra's.

Did he commit crimes? Yes he did, but treason? Absolutely not. Hell he was never even brought up on charges of Treason.

Don't get me wrong I'm not defending North. He is everything that's wrong with military brass and the Admin he served under was as crooked as a question mark, but calling the man a traitor to his country is not justified.

Black’s Law Dictionary defines “treason” as ”attempting to overthrow the government of the state to which one owes allegiance, either by making war against the state or by materially supporting its enemies”.

That label is reserved for the likes of Benedict Arnold, Robert Hansen, The Rosenbergs and "Hanoi" Jane Fonda.

Ollie North was directly helping to fund the Contras which were known for committing many crimes against humanity including use of death squads, torture, use of land mines, and the raping and killing of nuns, just to name a few. He also had a hand in helping the Contras smuggle illegal drugs within US borders at the same time Reagan was waging a War on Drugs. He was trading weapons for hostages with Iran terrorists. His involvement in the shadow government known as The Enterprise, his defying of the Boland Amendment, as well his involvement with Rex 84, not only work against, but work to unravel the U.S. Constitution. I do consider him a traitor to this country, and find his actions of "following orders" to be nothing short of High Treason.

If that's the stance you take then you also have to label Ronald Reagan, George H Bush, Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld traitors to their country as every single one of them had hand in Iran-Contra and the "Enterprise". As a matter of fact Reagan did more than any President before him to set up the shadow government. So before you put that noose around North's neck you should measure out a few more lengths of rope.

Like I said I'm not defending this guy, he's at best a spineless toady at worst a complete moron patsy, but he was obviously hung out to dry by the Reagan Administration. I think in the last few decades people have forgotten that ol' Ronnie was knee deep in this.

He was set up to take the fall if anything came to light. That's how conspiracies work.

Reagan gets to go down in history as the Republican's shining star of goodness and Ollie North is the Goat forever.

Does he deserve the label of traitor? Maybe, but If he does then there is long list of American Servicemen, Legislators and Commander in Chiefs who need to wear that sign as well.

I guess we'll just have to disagree on this one Mix, but it's ok I still wuuuuv you :mrgreen:

I do enjoy these meaty conversations though...

Oh I do label Ronald Reagan, George H Bush, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld as traitors to my country. While I'm at it, lets add Admiral John Poindexter, and Richard Secord to the list. I may not have previously brought up there names, but yes I am measuring extra links of rope for them as well. Ollie North was heavily entrenched in the whole scheme, and that's why he was made to be the fall guy. But I do understand all of his actions in the Iran-Contra scandal were approved by his superiors, which make them just as guilty, if not more so, than he is. No disagreement there.

Reagan doesn't go down as a shining star in my book at all. He carried a policy of denying any wrong doing and subverting the blame to his subordinates. He straight up lied to the american people about his involvement in the Iran-Contra affair, and even when he did admit it, sugar coated it with deceptive political language in a way to dissuade the public from seeing the real truth. Too bad most Americans purposefully fool themselves into forgetting these subversive actions, so that they can focus on remember the charismatic funny sides of Reagan that made so loveable. Sad more American's rather live in this fantasy land than 'wake up'.

I find this image very telling....

President Reagan (right) in Robert McFarlane's office with Contra leader Adolfo Calero (left), and Oliver North (center). 4/4/85

- Mix

Oh I do label Ronald Reagan, George H Bush, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld as traitors to my country. While I'm at it, lets add Admiral John Poindexter, and Richard Secord to the list. I may not have previously brought up there names, but yes I am measuring extra links of rope for them as well. Ollie North was heavily entrenched in the whole scheme, and that's why he was made to be the fall guy. But I do understand all of his actions in the Iran-Contra scandal were approved by his superiors, which make them just as guilty, if not more so, than he is. No disagreement there.

Reagan doesn't go down as a shining star in my book at all. He carried a policy of denying any wrong doing and subverting the blame to his subordinates. He straight up lied to the american people about his involvement in the Iran-Contra affair, and even when he did admit it, sugar coated it with deceptive political language in a way to dissuade the public from seeing the real truth. Too bad most Americans purposefully fool themselves into forgetting these subversive actions, so that they can focus on remember the charismatic funny sides of Reagan that made so loveable. Sad more American's rather live in this fantasy land than 'wake up'.

I find this image very telling....

[ Image ]

President Reagan (right) in Robert McFarlane's office with Contra leader Adolfo Calero (left), and Oliver North (center). 4/4/85

- Mix

Now I can agree to agree with you on this one. I couldn't have said it better myself. [brains]