Why New Brunswick and other location possibilities

Since I haven't posted in a while, I wanted to make a topic about this.

So, if the new map truly is in New Brunswick, NJ, why would it be there in the first place?

If it isn't there, I've also seen that it could be in Cuba (because of the Castro pictures on the cabinets).

So I want to hear what you think, why it would be in New Brunswick and your other theories including maps from the behind the scenes video.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanna start off by saying that the reason people say its New Brunswick, New Jersey is because we get a screenshot of a diner in the map that is based on a diner in New Jersey.

Now just because we know where the ACTUAL Diner is, doesn't mean the map is set there. It could have just been used for inspiration. Though I wouldn't rule out the idea of New Jersey.

In my opinion, and this is more or less unrelated about the New Brunswick thing, but I doubt that the story will continue in 2025. If anything I see 2 possibilities:

1. They teleport to the destroyed Earth and fight there

2. They teleport back in time

So I definitely think, if anything, the first map will be taking place during the first Cold War (cause now there's 2 and all :roll: )

Secondly, I think that the Cuba possibility seems much more plausible than the New Brunswick possibility.

In my opinion, and this is more or less unrelated about the New Brunswick thing, but I doubt that the story will continue in 2025. If anything I see 2 possibilities:

1. They teleport to the destroyed Earth and fight there

So I definitely think, if anything, the first map will be taking place during the first Cold War (cause now there's 2 and all :roll: )

Secondly, I think that the Cuba possibility seems much more plausible than the New Brunswick possibility.

I'm really hoping for the time travel idea.

I think it'd be interesting to maybe see places we've been before or see events take place that we had only heard about. Like imagine a map where wwe witness firsthand the Tunguska Event? Or maybe a cutscene that shows us a detailed chronology of the Der Riese outbreak? Maybe seeing what happens to the Five or COTD crew.

These are all unlikely map ideas but you get my point. The Nostalgia would be cool, something like that mission in MW3 where we see the events of MW and MW2 from Yuri's eyes.

I would love for it to be in Cuba because that leads to the possibility of it being the FIVE crew. That would make sense too, since they already faced zombies in the Pentagon, obviously implying an outbreak in the U.S. So then the logical next move (if they survived) would be to go to a remote island (like Cuba) and since they had Castro with them, would it not make sense that they would go there?

no, no time travel. just no. we went through hell to splode the earth, going back to stop it is just like the movie contact, if there was just going to be another space ship thingy then why would you blow up the other one in the first place. so yeah why kaboom the earth just to go back and say yeah we decided we didnt like that.

however going back and not changing things is an acceptable possibility. still aggravates me, but its better than option numero uno.

No problem. Now that we're straight on the, 'no going back in time', bullshit lets get down to the core element of the setting. It is a very good possibility that the launch map coming with the game is a multiplayer/survival based map just to get players use to the new integration. Now maybe after a couple days of release we will actually get the campaign maps free of charge (hopefully). The things I would like to see as far as story line maps go are: 1. Finishing the COTD Cast Crew story. 2. Expanding more on the Tacitus group. Potentially being a Tacitus task force sent to eradicate all evidence of the breakout. 3. Original four (Samantha in place of Rictofen).

All three points are core elements that I believe form the Black Ops zombie story line. You might think that going back to COTD story would be a waste, but think about it. George Romero discovered Element 115. The reason the crew was attacked was because Samantha didn't want them helping Rictofen. But why did the zombies continue attacking after the Easter egg? Now I understand that that may be just for play ability, but still. Isn't it odd? And also the fact that Romero was the only/first super zombie by just being infected by normal zombies.

Then we have the Tacitus task force (TTF). This could very well be 4 v 4 only characters. 4 players are random survivors. Other 4 are TTF. TTFs job is to wipe out the survivors whilst surviving the apocalypse. The reason I say this can be part of the story line is because you can have chapters and inside those chapters episodes. Here is a layout of my idea.

Call of the Dead: Dead Ice

Chapter 1-Away from Siberia

Chapter 2-Romero's antidote

Chapter 3-??? (coming soon)

Tacitus Task Force: Operation New York City (spoof of Operation Raccoon City)

Chapter 1-Manhattan

Chapter 2-Samantha Hunt

Original Four: MDMS (Marine (Dempsey), Drunk (Nikolai), Monkey (Takeo), Sociopath (Samantha))

Chapter 1-Escape Area 51

Chapter 2-Holy Shit the Earth is Gone!

As you can see we could very well have weekly episodic story maps along with proper 4 v 4 and survival map DLCs. I find this the best way to keep all genres of zombie players entertained.