Zombie Map Revealed!

Maybe they only say "the map" because you have to unlock the second one and they'll release more for dlc. Like how BO had kino der toten and you unlocked FIVE after beating campaign mode. :geek:

No I think the reason is that they don't know what to call that map yet. If they make more zombies trailers, we'll know by then or by the time BOII comes out.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe they only say "the map" because you have to unlock the second one and they'll release more for dlc. Like how BO had kino der toten and you unlocked FIVE after beating campaign mode. :geek:

No I think the reason is that they don't know what to call that map yet. If they make more zombies trailers, we'll know by then or by the time BOII comes out.

I believe they also didn't want to reveal the name either, because that could've given away more information that they weren't ready to release, such as location or relevance to the story.

Doesn't this

[ Image ]

Remind you of this?

[ Image ]

I know it's not the same bar but it felt familiar...

I thought about that and went and checked it earlier, but they are just too dissimilar.

Also, why does everyone think there will be a zombie campaign? I'm not saying there won't be, but I have yet to see anything that comes out and says there will be a zombies campaign. Only fake menus and such.

Doesn't this

[ Image ]

Remind you of this?

[ Image ]

I know it's not the same bar but it felt familiar...

I thought about that and went and checked it earlier, but they are just too dissimilar.

Also, why does everyone think there will be a zombie campaign? I'm not saying there won't be, but I have yet to see anything that comes out and says there will be a zombies campaign. Only fake menus and such.

I agree with you I have yet to see anything to prove there will be a zombie campaign other than wishfull thinkers

I don't understand why true zombie players would be frustrated with the return of 'zombies'. People these days are just dumb.

that's what the dead period(the time without any new zombies info or very little news) does, it shines a spotlight on the true zombie players. those who are in it for more than just learning about the next map. I do admit to being absent during most of this period but I was preoccupied with school. and improving my grades to.be university ready.where was I going with this...

I don't understand why true zombie players would be frustrated with the return of 'zombies'. People these days are just dumb.

that's what the dead period(the time without any new zombies info or very little news) does, it shines a spotlight on the true zombie players. those who are in it for more than just learning about the next map. I do admit to being absent during most of this period but I was preoccupied with school. and improving my grades to.be university ready.where was I going with this...

Yeah I understand where you going. Even though school has been a VERY important factor in my life, I have always found time to study more zombies and give my two cents on what I think is/will going on.

lol you see im poor. so i dont have 2 cents to give :lol:

but i did show up every now and then, sometimes i'd just observe. sometimes i'd contribute to a conversation. but as far as i was concerned the forum would go on without my daily commenting. and wow lets get back on track to the topic at hand.

already been done. sorry mate. also you were on this same thread.

First off that video looks AMAZING!!!! I'm now pumped. A few things I've noticed.

Firstly:

[ Image ]

^Zombie boss? OR it could just be a statue but that wouldn't be any fun!

Secondly:

[ Image ]

^The view is great but would this mean that the zombies are going to change? I think Treyarch have been slowly making these maps harder but this map seems too easy, it looks like a big circle waiting for us to kite. I reckon that something is going to happen, this part just SCREAMS train, maybe the AI is smarter or something.

*EDIT: One thing I forgot was that look at the name of the second image, unfortunately I'm not good at restoring images but it maybe important! All i can tell is that it begins with a C :o

But WOW that's too tempting. :D :D

Now that we're straight on the, 'no going back in time', bullshit lets get down to the core element of the setting. It is a very good possibility that the launch map coming with the game is a multiplayer/survival based map just to get players use to the new integration. Now maybe after a couple days of release we will actually get the campaign maps free of charge (hopefully). The things I would like to see as far as story line maps go are: 1. Finishing the COTD Cast Crew story. 2. Expanding more on the Tacitus group. Potentially being a Tacitus task force sent to eradicate all evidence of the breakout. 3. Original four (Samantha in place of Rictofen).

All three points are core elements that I believe form the Black Ops zombie story line. You might think that going back to COTD story would be a waste, but think about it. George Romero discovered Element 115. The reason the crew was attacked was because Samantha didn't want them helping Rictofen. But why did the zombies continue attacking after the Easter egg? Now I understand that that may be just for play ability, but still. Isn't it odd? And also the fact that Romero was the only/first super zombie by just being infected by normal zombies.

Then we have the Tacitus task force (TTF). This could very well be 4 v 4 only characters. 4 players are random survivors. Other 4 are TTF. TTFs job is to wipe out the survivors whilst surviving the apocalypse. The reason I say this can be part of the story line is because you can have chapters and inside those chapters episodes. Here is a layout of my idea.

Call of the Dead: Dead Ice

Chapter 1-Away from Siberia

Chapter 2-Romero's antidote

Chapter 3-??? (coming soon)

Tacitus Task Force: Operation New York City (spoof of Operation Raccoon City)

Chapter 1-Manhattan

Chapter 2-Samantha Hunt

Original Four: MDMS (Marine (Dempsey), Drunk (Nikolai), Monkey (Takeo), Sociopath (Samantha))

Chapter 1-Escape Area 51

Chapter 2-Holy Shit the Earth is Gone!

As you can see we could very well have weekly episodic story maps along with proper 4 v 4 and survival map DLCs. I find this the best way to keep all genres of zombie players entertained.

You have some very good ideas here. These seem very probably, but you are missing one chapter. In CVG, it was mentioned that JFK and Nixon were returning. So that means that if there would probably be a chapter involving their story, especially with the pictures of the bar with Castro on them.

Here is my analysis of the disregarded picture:

[ Image ]

I know it's not much I just want to give you guys something to talk about.

If you go to that time in the trailer where you grabbed that screen then you'll notice she is working on the same part of the map but from a different angle. The bottom of the different angle has the top to a propane tank, which the hole in the roof is adjacent to. Blurry, but clearly a propane tank once you see the reference. I thought it was an elephant until my friend pointed it out.

Certainly a larger map, and focus could make things more interesting. It seems the video itself has more or less been uncovered completely. Certainly the idea suggested by ExpertCoah is something I would be for. What i do possibly see is an enhancement of zombie mechanics, if the areas are to be larger.

I think you're right about the Cotd storyline being unfinished. I just had a thought about that too. We all know that if you shoot a teammate with the VR11, they become invincible and have instant kill right? Well what if George, at the time of his transformation got infected with the same thing that powers the VR11? Think about it, we can never technically kill him, he's much stronger than the rest of the zombies, and this is the only place we know there is vril energy (or whatever it is) so far.

There are definitely still many unexplained mysteries centering around this map. Where did the golden rod come from? What was that blinking off in the water? Why is there 115 there in the first place? If not a map, I think we definitely need some sort of explanation for this, and only time will tell.

i heard a mr micheal rooker was seen leaving treyarch not to long ago. possibly doing a voice dub for zombies??? anyone remember hearing this???

I think you're right about the Cotd storyline being unfinished. I just had a thought about that too. We all know that if you shoot a teammate with the VR11, they become invincible and have instant kill right? Well what if George, at the time of his transformation got infected with the same thing that powers the VR11? Think about it, we can never technically kill him, he's much stronger than the rest of the zombies, and this is the only place we know there is vril energy (or whatever it is) so far.

There are definitely still many unexplained mysteries centering around this map. Where did the golden rod come from? What was that blinking off in the water? Why is there 115 there in the first place? If not a map, I think we definitely need some sort of explanation for this, and only time will tell.

i heard a mr micheal rooker was seen leaving treyarch not to long ago. possibly doing a voice dub for zombies??? anyone remember hearing this???

He is the voice of Harper:

Just watch the Los Angeles level gameplay from E3 and listen.