Zombie Map Revealed!

I really hope that street isnt accesible. If it is this map is already more of a joke than moon is. I WANT HARDER MAPS!!!! I am also scared that treyarch is going to change the zombies ai to a point were it actually completely changes the gameplay. If I had a choice I would say to keep the ai exactly the same but make lots of tight spaces and just generally hard to run places. This map just doesnt look good, a map to easy isnt fun. Ascension is easy but not as easy as moon, its the perfect amount of easy. A map thats more easy than moon would probably be terrible.

Just because there's one giant open spot that automatically means the map is too easy and subsequently terrible? We haven't even played it yet....

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope that street isnt accesible. If it is this map is already more of a joke than moon is. I WANT HARDER MAPS!!!! I am also scared that treyarch is going to change the zombies ai to a point were it actually completely changes the gameplay. If I had a choice I would say to keep the ai exactly the same but make lots of tight spaces and just generally hard to run places. This map just doesnt look good, a map to easy isnt fun. Ascension is easy but not as easy as moon, its the perfect amount of easy. A map thats more easy than moon would probably be terrible.

From what i understand the Maps for the Story will be different from those of the other playable Characters in the other Modes. This is the one for the 4 vs 4 vs Zombies. Its so open for a reason ;)

CHECK OUT THE WALLPAPER...

[ Image ]

It's the same wallpaper from Samantha's room

[ Image ]

:twisted:

- Mix

Just them saving time/being lazy. Developers reuse textures between games all the time. In the meantime, I got a good look at those other diners they had up in the trailer right before the BO2 poster.

They either just really like diners, or something is going to be in a diner.

CHECK OUT THE WALLPAPER...

[ Image ]

It's the same wallpaper from Samantha's room

[ Image ]

:twisted:

- Mix

Just them saving time/being lazy. Developers reuse textures between games all the time. In the meantime, I got a good look at those other diners they had up in the trailer right before the BO2 poster.

[ Image ]

They either just really like diners, or something is going to be in a diner.

Its a placeholder till they get another Wallpaper Texture. Any Level designer does the same thing. Alot of the times you will not see textures at all and a blank canvas so to speak. Just because you see it used doesn't mean it will be in the final edition of the game. I have found MANY things Treyarch removed from zombie maps or have replaced with something else. Time will tell but this is looking great :D

Guys you have to remember that there are going to be different game modes that may NEED that open space

If there is 4v4 then played will need that open environment. And what if they decided to add bosses? Would you really want to face a running boss in a building with one entrance?

^This.

Sadly it looks way too open, even saying that its gonna be their biggest map yet. Moon was a huge map, Ascension was a huge map, Call of the dead was a huge map. Now most people who have played zombies must know that size of a map in CoD zombies is an early indicator that it's gonna be easy. Personally yeti, my records aren't as high as yours because round 40-50 matches are where I like to stop on the leaderboards, normally finishing my games with suicides. But I have had no problem on big maps. Even putting the 4 v 4 thing into perspective, I honestly can't see what's coming next as anything different from L4D or operation raccoon city multiplayer. Not saying that we are looking at the exact same thing, but if they want to give that much open space and a versus game type, they might be changing the mechanics completely. If they do that, I'm just gonna avert my gaze at the appropriate moment and hope when I look back I'll see CoD zombies.

If they change the mechanics too much, I'm going to officially cut the COD cord. They have a bigger team making zombies...I don't think that's a good thing.

Please do

^This.

Sadly it looks way too open, even saying that its gonna be their biggest map yet. Moon was a huge map, Ascension was a huge map, Call of the dead was a huge map. Now most people who have played zombies must know that size of a map in CoD zombies is an early indicator that it's gonna be easy. Personally yeti, my records aren't as high as yours because round 40-50 matches are where I like to stop on the leaderboards, normally finishing my games with suicides. But I have had no problem on big maps. Even putting the 4 v 4 thing into perspective, I honestly can't see what's coming next as anything different from L4D or operation raccoon city multiplayer. Not saying that we are looking at the exact same thing, but if they want to give that much open space and a versus game type, they might be changing the mechanics completely. If they do that, I'm just gonna avert my gaze at the appropriate moment and hope when I look back I'll see CoD zombies.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: Why do you even come on this site? All you've done since Zombies have been revealed is complain and whine about what you think possibly may not be good.

I've never been one to say this, but in your case I'll make an exception: Just play W@W since apparently you had an issue with half of Blops maps. There problem solved...

You know that this map is still in development right? I mean, they're still putting it together. A few cars here and there could make the so-called 'easy mode street' a pain in the ass. Just saying. Still five months off here. Let's not jump to conclusions, ok?

Jumping to conclusions has become the new pastime here. What you didn't get the memo? We're all suppossed to be cynical "interwebz" DB's who just shit on everything, because that's what cool kids do.

[brains] To Lemonaid for not getting the memo :lol:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: Why do you even come on this site? All you've done since Zombies have been revealed is complain and whine about what you think possibly may not be good.

I've never been one to say this, but in your case I'll make an exception: Just play W@W since apparently you had an issue with half of Blops maps. There problem solved...

You made me feel like an asshat so [brains] to you for that. The reality of it though is completely opposite, I put myself in a position where I've settled in with black ops maps and accepted it as reality, so now change scares me. What makes it worse is that I've become a pretty decent zombies player on these maps and it's gotten to the point where I feel they're easy and any future content must be balls to the walls hard. So when I develop that mindset, when I see pics of such wide open space and here info of 4 vs 4, I feel like "Oh no...change is coming. Get it away from me!!" When the reality is that we asked for change in the first place.

I guess this is probably what pros like yeti and so on also feel, IMO. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't think you're wrong at all. I too feel aprehension towards the coming changes, as I did when Blops zombies started to change, I've just come to accept that I can not change what they're already doing so I just have to embrace it.

The new modes have ALOT of potential, but they could be horrible. I feel if I go into this with an open mind I'll enjoy the new experiences more, as opposed to going in with my own baggage weighing me down...

Does that make sense? It sounded much better in my head than it read in text lol.

[brains] for being civil in an internet difference of opinion

The little logo towards the end there was just to let the zombie fans know that something IS coming, and soon at that.

Maybe we'll get more info at E3?

The time for info at E3 has essentially been and gone and in all the interviews Mark Lamia has stated "We're not ready to talk about Zombies just yet"

HOLY SHIT!!! I guess 8 players and one big map means more zombies, but that would mean more zombie modes. Wouldn't it?

Well that's a great thought, this one map could be the host to MANY different game modes, like in multiplayer you can play TDM, FFA, Domination etc. all on one map this could also have different modes!!! Hehe gears are now turning in my head :!:

[brains] Because I'm nice :D

I don't think you're wrong at all. I too feel aprehension towards the coming changes, as I did when Blops zombies started to change, I've just come to accept that I can not change what they're already doing so I just have to embrace it.

The new modes have ALOT of potential, but they could be horrible. I feel if I go into this with an open mind I'll enjoy the new experiences more, as opposed to going in with my own baggage weighing me down...

Does that make sense? It sounded much better in my head than it read in text lol.

[brains] for being civil in an internet difference of opinion

Yea I get what you're saying. Basically we can't go in expecting the same as what we already have. We asked for change and they changed certain stuff around so just keep an open mind.