Zombie Map Revealed!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe as you progress through the story, you unlock the levels you play in story, as maps for the other modes like, classic, 4v4, eight player co op..etc... i would like that, tempting people to finish the campaign, and have everybody on the same page of the storyline!

I would say FIVE and Shang were among the least popular because they were by far the most challenging. They both are somewhat small compared to the other maps, they mostly consist of tight spaces. FIVE's wonder weapon was all but useless in the later rounds. The special zombies in Shang appear almost every other round after about round 5, and the napalm zombie is a bitch to take care of. And they both lack traps (I know FIVE had two but it was near impossible to use them).

I actually love these maps a lot because they're so challenging and unique. But I can never play them because I can't find anyone to play them with. Pretty much all my friends hate them, and all the randoms I come across kind of suck, not to be mean but it's true. Very rarely do I find a good player in these maps.

As stated earlier, they do kind of separate zombie players to a degree. Casual players tend to not play them and instead will go for Ascension or Kino, since they are a bit easier and aren't as frustrating most of the time. I love the difficulty of these maps, but no one is willing to properly give it a shot.

That's not quite true. In fact, most of the players on "Five" are considered "bad" players. I know because if I want to play a fun game with randoms, I always pick "Five". Although it is obvious that some players will have more of a distaste to the more challenging maps, such a slate will be balanced by the players who like a challenge.

There's a new version of the Black ops 2 bloody outro, at E3, they showed an exclusive trailer, showing the black ops 2 logo for about 10 secs, then u hear a zombie screaming (similar to the scream when they run up to you), then the infamous laugh with an alternate version of the bloody outro, then it says something that i cant make out. Zombies info teased at once more..C'MON TREYARCH WE'S HUNGRRYYY

That's not quite true. In fact, most of the players on "Five" are considered "bad" players. I know because if I want to play a fun game with randoms, I always pick "Five". Although it is obvious that some players will have more of a distaste to the more challenging maps, such a slate will be balanced by the players who like a challenge.

That's actually part of what I was trying to say. I apologize for not being more clear.

I would say FIVE and Shang were among the least popular because they were by far the most challenging. They both are somewhat small compared to the other maps, they mostly consist of tight spaces. FIVE's wonder weapon was all but useless in the later rounds.

Sorry but felt the need to correct what you said there. You mean it was all but useful in the later rounds. All but useless would imply that it was still good when by the time you get to 35+ it pretty much sucks.

If they change the mechanics too much, I'm going to officially cut the COD cord. They have a bigger team making zombies...I don't think that's a good thing.

Please do

I really hope that street isnt accesible. If it is this map is already more of a joke than moon is. I WANT HARDER MAPS!!!! I am also scared that treyarch is going to change the zombies ai to a point were it actually completely changes the gameplay. If I had a choice I would say to keep the ai exactly the same but make lots of tight spaces and just generally hard to run places. This map just doesnt look good, a map to easy isnt fun. Ascension is easy but not as easy as moon, its the perfect amount of easy. A map thats more easy than moon would probably be terrible.

^This.

Sadly it looks way too open, even saying that its gonna be their biggest map yet. Moon was a huge map, Ascension was a huge map, Call of the dead was a huge map. Now most people who have played zombies must know that size of a map in CoD zombies is an early indicator that it's gonna be easy. Personally yeti, my records aren't as high as yours because round 40-50 matches are where I like to stop on the leaderboards, normally finishing my games with suicides. But I have had no problem on big maps. Even putting the 4 v 4 thing into perspective, I honestly can't see what's coming next as anything different from L4D or operation raccoon city multiplayer. Not saying that we are looking at the exact same thing, but if they want to give that much open space and a versus game type, they might be changing the mechanics completely. If they do that, I'm just gonna avert my gaze at the appropriate moment and hope when I look back I'll see CoD zombies.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: Why do you even come on this site? All you've done since Zombies have been revealed is complain and whine about what you think possibly may not be good.

I've never been one to say this, but in your case I'll make an exception: Just play W@W since apparently you had an issue with half of Blops maps. There problem solved...

You know that this map is still in development right? I mean, they're still putting it together. A few cars here and there could make the so-called 'easy mode street' a pain in the ass. Just saying. Still five months off here. Let's not jump to conclusions, ok?

Jumping to conclusions has become the new pastime here. What you didn't get the memo? We're all suppossed to be cynical "interwebz" DB's who just shit on everything, because that's what cool kids do.

[brains] To Lemonaid for not getting the memo :lol:

still being awesome i see jason. honestly you said exactly what was on my mind, especially for the kid threatening to quit CoD.

Maybe as you progress through the story, you unlock the levels you play in story, as maps for the other modes like, classic, 4v4, eight player co op..etc... i would like that, tempting people to finish the campaign, and have everybody on the same page of the storyline!

Huh, I'd play Campaign even if it wasn't the only way to unlock modes or maps!

He's just saying in general.

He's just saying in general.

I know. I was just clearing that out for everyone.

I know i said it once but im going to say it again--

if there is going to be a 4v4 that includes another couple of zombie players (and whatever new modes), the fact that there may be more than 4 players is reason enough to construct a bigger map.

can you imagine 4-8 players running Five? And when there are new players that means to balance it out there would have to be more zombies. You cant have more human players and even MORE zombies running around on a small map. Yes its nice to have a challenge, but theres a fine line between challenging and down-right impossible.

plus when he referred to it as "the map" that infers that there will only be one map made available in the beginning which is contrary to Black Ops 1.

common sense

Maybe they only say "the map" because you have to unlock the second one and they'll release more for dlc. Like how BO had kino der toten and you unlocked FIVE after beating campaign mode. :geek:

Co-Signed ^^^ this makes sense.

Off topic: Five is my second favorite map in Blops :lol:

Hammerface: No you are awesome my friend... [brains]

Now that we're straight on the, 'no going back in time', bullshit lets get down to the core element of the setting. It is a very good possibility that the launch map coming with the game is a multiplayer/survival based map just to get players use to the new integration. Now maybe after a couple days of release we will actually get the campaign maps free of charge (hopefully). The things I would like to see as far as story line maps go are: 1. Finishing the COTD Cast Crew story. 2. Expanding more on the Tacitus group. Potentially being a Tacitus task force sent to eradicate all evidence of the breakout. 3. Original four (Samantha in place of Rictofen).

All three points are core elements that I believe form the Black Ops zombie story line. You might think that going back to COTD story would be a waste, but think about it. George Romero discovered Element 115. The reason the crew was attacked was because Samantha didn't want them helping Rictofen. But why did the zombies continue attacking after the Easter egg? Now I understand that that may be just for play ability, but still. Isn't it odd? And also the fact that Romero was the only/first super zombie by just being infected by normal zombies.

Then we have the Tacitus task force (TTF). This could very well be 4 v 4 only characters. 4 players are random survivors. Other 4 are TTF. TTFs job is to wipe out the survivors whilst surviving the apocalypse. The reason I say this can be part of the story line is because you can have chapters and inside those chapters episodes. Here is a layout of my idea.

Call of the Dead: Dead Ice

Chapter 1-Away from Siberia

Chapter 2-Romero's antidote

Chapter 3-??? (coming soon)

Tacitus Task Force: Operation New York City (spoof of Operation Raccoon City)

Chapter 1-Manhattan

Chapter 2-Samantha Hunt

Original Four: MDMS (Marine (Dempsey), Drunk (Nikolai), Monkey (Takeo), Sociopath (Samantha))

Chapter 1-Escape Area 51

Chapter 2-Holy Shit the Earth is Gone!

As you can see we could very well have weekly episodic story maps along with proper 4 v 4 and survival map DLCs. I find this the best way to keep all genres of zombie players entertained.

Maybe they only say "the map" because you have to unlock the second one and they'll release more for dlc. Like how BO had kino der toten and you unlocked FIVE after beating campaign mode. :geek:

Co-Signed ^^^ this makes sense.

Off topic: Five is my second favorite map in Blops :lol:

Hammerface: No you are awesome my friend... [brains]

it sounds like we're having a love/compliment fest on this thread :lol:

but yes people constantly complaining and threatening to quit is a growing epidemic and it will only grow with the mass influx of new members in the coming months.

New members? I'm sure we'll be getting loads of new members earlier then what you just said. Just the fact that (I myself included) hundreds have joined over the past recent months. This site has been getting a lot of traffick from Syndicate, MrRoflWaffles, and MrDalekJD.

yes but you were all brought in slowly with ease. with these teasers and trailers and with the release of the game new members will come in massive numbers in short bursts. think of it like evolution

there is the gradual change belief and then there is punctuated equilibrium. also usually with the new members that come.in at that time we get a number of people who just want to complain about zombies

and threaten to quit. and yes some of their complaints will be justified but a number will complain just because they can. also some of those members that have joined in the recent months didn't stay because they were bored but they will come back during this time of new information.

I think you're right about the Cotd storyline being unfinished. I just had a thought about that too. We all know that if you shoot a teammate with the VR11, they become invincible and have instant kill right? Well what if George, at the time of his transformation got infected with the same thing that powers the VR11? Think about it, we can never technically kill him, he's much stronger than the rest of the zombies, and this is the only place we know there is vril energy (or whatever it is) so far.

There are definitely still many unexplained mysteries centering around this map. Where did the golden rod come from? What was that blinking off in the water? Why is there 115 there in the first place? If not a map, I think we definitely need some sort of explanation for this, and only time will tell.

This link will take you to a video made by MrDalekJD. This video is NOT mine, and I do not take credit for it.

This trailer is exclusive for E3 because it was prepared for a screen over a 100 inches, spanning across seven different screens. Each screen showed the same clip, but in a different camera angle than the others.

There is a zombie teaser at the end of the trailer starting at 6:32 going to the end of the video. I can hear the sound for a new round starting, and the classic zombie scream we are accustomed to hearing. There is a blood splatter on the words of the logo, made by some kind of electrical zap. You also hear a powerup sound after the Black ops 2 logo goes away.

What do you guys think about the trailer, but the zombie teaser especially? What are some ideas for the weapon that made the blood splatter?