Zombie Map Revealed!

I like the way this map looks. Busted up buildings, demolished cars. If you mix in the zombies, this map looks apocalyptic. I could care less where it is (at the moment), the whole big city being overrun is what the story needs. We never see the overall devestation that zombies bring along with them. Most of the maps seem secluded and in another world (so to speak.) This map brings the reality to the picture. Honestly, this map (as far as story goes), could be the best one yet.

Think about the fact that we are starting Black Ops II with the biggest map to date. There has to be plenty of gameplay additions. Everyone seems to forget that Treyarch scraps the things that don't feel core or messes with the core gaming experience. I would like to add that WaW is not the core gaming experience. Zombies started there, yes, but it does not mean that every map has to be the same. The core zombie experience includes movement, zombie A.I. (which could be altered slightly), the story, no cut-scenes, first person shooter, high frames per second, and I am sure there is more.

On a side note, has no one else put two and two together about the diners. I believe the majority of you are right, that the diners are simply something for a reference. However, has everyone forgotten how we get info for dlc's. The diner. We always get a video including a diner of some sort and they may be incorporating that aspect into the gameplay. Not positive, just thought I would throw that out there.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing...

There are gunna be more zombies. Like, LOTS more zombies. Where the cap was something like 24, correct me if i'm wrong, I think the cap in BOII is gunna be something like 80. I think that's correct, don't quote me on it though. :P If i'm perfectly honest,I think fighting against a horde of 80 something Zombies on a map as tight and small as Verruckt would be next to impossible. Just imagine a horde of Zombies that size running, or limping, down that street. I think it's gunna be absolutely incredible. I put my full faith in Treyarch, and I know how passionate they are with, not just Zombies, but the rest of the game as well. I think we need to all just calm our beans and wait for more news. We've had what, a few screenshots and the words "4v4" and instantly people are hating on it?

Chill. Treyarch got this.

CCM

I understand that many people feel that Treyarch is straying from their original formula of zombies. We had really amazing maps and a great story throughout both WaW and Blops. Why hate on Blops2? We already know that this map is going to support 8 player zombies. Whether it's co-op or competitive I'm sure it will work. I'm just saying stop complaining before the game even comes out.

Shit. I'm just happy that we're getting zombies back!

I know the zombies ai is going to change at least a little bit, thats just obvious that it will happen seeing how it did with waw to black ops. I just hope they dont change it so much that it makes the gameplay different. I like it how it is in black ops and im sure alot of other people do also. And for that huge open map, I think it will probably just be used for games with more than 4 players. I think treyarch is smart enough to know that if you give someone a space that big to run it will be harder to die than it would be to survive. Just look at the biodome and how easy that is to run, the street in the map is bigger than anywhere in the biodome. I think the map looks like a good idea but the need some stuff in the street to make it more of a challenge. Also if there is 80 zombies on the map at one time in the classic 4 player mode that would just be way to many I think. Its a good idea for the 8 player mode but the classic mode should stay somewhere around 24 maybe a few more maybe a few less but in that area.

One thing...

There are gunna be more zombies. Like, LOTS more zombies. Where the cap was something like 24, correct me if i'm wrong, I think the cap in BOII is gunna be something like 80. I think that's correct, don't quote me on it though. :P If i'm perfectly honest,I think fighting against a horde of 80 something Zombies on a map as tight and small as Verruckt would be next to impossible. Just imagine a horde of Zombies that size running, or limping, down that street. I think it's gunna be absolutely incredible. I put my full faith in Treyarch, and I know how passionate they are with, not just Zombies, but the rest of the game as well. I think we need to all just calm our beans and wait for more news. We've had what, a few screenshots and the words "4v4" and instantly people are hating on it?

CCM

well the cap is 24, but they will be able to double everything when transferring over to the multiplayer engine which will grant us a supposed 48 zombies. Even then Verrukt would be much more difficult. I like your optimism though and all the people that instantly disliked BO2 for it having the "future stuff" need to look to the past and see that Treyarch are good developers and capable of delivering what they think will be a good game. [brains] for optimism good sir.

First off that video looks AMAZING!!!! I'm now pumped. A few things I've noticed.

Firstly:

[ Image ]

^Zombie boss? OR it could just be a statue but that wouldn't be any fun!

Secondly:

[ Image ]

^The view is great but would this mean that the zombies are going to change? I think Treyarch have been slowly making these maps harder but this map seems too easy, it looks like a big circle waiting for us to kite. I reckon that something is going to happen, this part just SCREAMS train, maybe the AI is smarter or something.

*EDIT: One thing I forgot was that look at the name of the second image, unfortunately I'm not good at restoring images but it maybe important! All i can tell is that it begins with a C :o

But WOW that's too tempting. :D :D

Looks like the cosmic silverback if you ask me

There is church in the background of the map.

It looks like this Church in Havana:

As we can assume its still in development and lacks polish and details, I can clearly see it transforming exactly to that church in the pic.

Could explain the Castro pictures in the walls. What you think?

I don't know why people are worrying about Treyarch changing the AI. They won't and if they did, it wouldn't be zombies and Treyarch knows this. Like someone previously said, don't jump to conclusions, we haven't played the game yet so we can't actually make any conclusions. So lol @Jason Lives, I didn't get the memo either! :lol:

Like I said before, I think the audio clip with the woman reporter talking about a zombie outbreak is fake, but let's keep our eyes and ears peeled. James Burns told us that personally from his youtube channel.

One thing...

CCM

Amen. Truer words were never spoken.

We all know that Treyarch listens to the Community, and we have been complaining about how easy running circles is for how long? They wouldn't do that to us. Treyarch has seldom let me down in the past and I believe they will make this work.

One thing...

CCM

We all know that Treyarch listens to the Community, and we have been complaining about how easy running circles is for how long? They wouldn't do that to us. Treyarch has seldom let me down in the past and I believe they will make this work.

What's everyone's hate with kiting? Kiting's a legitimate strategy that is almost always necessary to get to high rounds.

Also, just because there is space to train, doesn't mean you have to train. It's up to you how to play the game!

One thing...

CCM

What's everyone's hate with kiting? Kiting's a legitimate strategy that is almost always necessary to get to high rounds.

Also, just because there is space to train, doesn't mean you have to train. It's up to you how to play the game!

Zelinksi himself even said that zombie trains are his favorite part of Zombies at COD XP last year. ;)

zombie rape trains are necessary if your going specifically for high rounds. And if you don't like them, than its easy don't use that strategy. This topic needs to get back on

track to the map pics.............such why are they have portraits of Castro on the wall and why they have a new jersey diner?? This is treyarchs zombies nothing is by accident!!!

Just to clarify I got nothing against rape trains. Of course, their a legitimate strategy I would be doomed without them.

I'm just saying that they get boring after awhile and it'd be nice to be forced to play a different type of strategy instead, something that involves careful planning and thought process instead of circle skills.

You know, if they changed the AI at all, it'll just be something like what they did in Ascension, letting the zombies roll and sidestep and all that. And as I recall, Ascension was one of the most loved maps. Nothing much will be changed in that regard.

And it may look like a giant open area to easily train in, but you have to take into account that it won't be that easy with more zombies and possibly some objects thrown in their as well, as stated earlier.

Big changes are coming, but I don't see that as a bad thing. I always enjoy any new innovations to a game, some more so than others, but at least it changes things up and and prevents things from getting too stale. Besides, they will never touch that core gameplay knowing what kind of backlash that would receive, so rest assured, the zombies we all know and love will still be there, it'll just be a little different.

And I quote,

"Those who look only to the past, are certain to miss the future" ;)

There is church in the background of the map.

It looks like this Church in Havana:

[ Image ]

As we can assume its still in development and lacks polish and details, I can clearly see it transforming exactly to that church in the pic.

Could explain the Castro pictures in the walls. What you think?

I agree. In an interview, they said that Treyarch is allowing the zombies team complete freedom. Maybe these guys are staying in the Cold War era.

You need maps that provide a variety of strategies. Shangri-la may be difficult, but it was one of the least popular maps out there.

Good you brought that up. Shangri la is pretty hard for most zombies players and that's the map I think basically separated the tier of players. The ones that play it love the challenge and say its one of their favorite maps. Maps like ascension and CoTD people love because of the ease, and then maps like shangri la they get frustrated and quit it so quick. I play on PS3 so from personal experience I can tell you there is almost never more than 1,000 players trying to find a shangri la match, whereas on ascension there's normally 2.5k+, or CoTD 1.6k+ and even Moon at 1.4k+. There isn't even the weekend rush for shangri la, where on the weekends every map pretty much has twice the regular amount playing shangri la barely has 1200 playing on it.

Bottom line is those who love the challenge keep trying it, and those who just wanna run trains and kill zombies go "WTF no space for train? F*ck this." They appeal to different crowds. So when most people see that much space as this new map shows they go "WTF too easy. F*ck this." It's interesting the way we work. 8-)