New Map: City of the Dead, Louisianna. (EGG ADDED))

Back story:

Located in New Orleans, the grave yard is an above ground cemetery. It is a real place and is actually called "city of the dead" by many locals. In the 60's, the people had a hard time burying their deceased, because of Louisianna being nearly below sea level. Dig a few feet down and it becomes soggy. The graves would literally float out of the ground during heavy rains. "Enter the cemetery gates, and you will be greeted by rusty decorative ironwork and blinded by sun-bleached tombs. Crosses and statues jutting from tomb surfaces cast contrasting shadows, adding to the sense of mystery." -clipping from a site dedicated to it. Buried here are politicians, pirates, and voodoo queens....

Setting: The majority of time spent in the cemetery, it will be sunny and colorful. During random times it will become cloudy and a thunderstorm will unleash it's fury, causing some of the graves to block paths. The rain and thunder will only slightly change the difficulty, so that the overall feel is enjoyable, yet creepy.

Size and Layout: This map will actually take place over three separate cemeteries, connected by narrow path ways, that are lined with rusted old iron fences. A burial vault will be located to the north, and a funeral house toward the entrance (south). The cemetery in the middle will be oval in shape and the outer two will be rectangular. The map will be larger in size, Leaving it looking something like this:

The Funeral House: This is where everyone will spawn. Two entrances to choose from, one leading to the main courtyard cemetery, the other leading to the outer cemetery. In this room, there will be five zombie spawns; four windows and a hole in the center of the floor. The zombies won't spawn from the hole until round 5. Quick Revive will be located here as well as two spawn guns, each costing 500.

Oval Cemetery: In the middle of this courtyard, there will be a gothic style fountain portraying a fight scene between man and zombie. The ground will be lacking a path, allowing for the caskets and zombies to seemingly be coming from random spots. This room will contain no perks, but offers a M4A1 on the wall for 1200. Four doors to choose from here, one to each direction. Zombies spawn from the ground.

Two Outer Cemeteries: These two will be identical in size and shape. The only difference being the pathways between burials, and the one on the left will have jugg while the other has Speed Cola. One will also have a large tree with branches that tower over everything, yet stretch to the ground. Each cemetery has two entrances. Zombies spawn from the ground.

The Burial vault: This room will be larger than the funeral home. On the walls are morgue style drawers to hold the newly deceased. In this case however, the drawers will open from random places at random times. Two things can spawn from these drawers. Nova 6 crawlers or random power-ups. The drawers can also trip you up if you aren't paying attention. The power switch will be in this room, which will turn on lights around all the pathways, as well as turn on the machines. This room however, does not contain lights. It offers only a skylight that is only useful when it is not raining. The room will still be darker than the others when it is sunny. Double tap will be located here as well as two more choices of guns, both of which 1000.

Boss round: Similar to Shangri-la, two different types of zombies will spawn at random times. The Voodoo Queens and the Pirates. The Voodoo Queens will be slower than all the other zombies, but have the ability to control the zombies. Depending on who attacks her, she will stop all zombies on the map, and send them after one player. The curse will not be lifted until she dies. When she dies she explodes with souls and spells, killing everything around her. The Pirate will be moderately paced and does not kill you. It simply grabs you and steals half your points. Similar to the astronaut, he will not stop until he dies. None of that quitting his chase after everyone was grabbed stuff.

Easter egg: I decided to add the easter egg steps before the UK members get on. No need to keep people wondering. This egg will begin after the second storm. Regardless of rounds, a bolt of lightning will strike the ground, similar to what we are used to in Der Riese and Call of the Dead. THIS bolt, however, will be purple with color and will strike the fountain, bringing to life voices within.

"Nothing like a shock to open your eyes."-marine one

"AAAAaaaAAAEE(zombie shriek)...what....the....fuck.."-marine two

"Whoah you don't look so good. Your eyes are lighting up."-marine one

"I knew this shit would happen...(shriek) I told him we should have left."-marine two

"Dempsey knows what to do marine. Never doubt your brothers."-marine one

"Well where did he go then, if he's so noble."-marine two

"Why don't you ask HIM, He's right here."-marine one

As you can see, the voices within are two of the marine's from Nacht der Untoten. As the story goes on we learn that one of them didn't make it, and marine two is badly injured by the zombies. Marine one will not lose another one so he asks our heroes for some help. He mentions that the tree in the side cemetery contains vril in the fruit. Upon searching for the fruit, the player realizes the once dead tree, is now full with leaves. The next time the storm leaves the fruit appears. Once you obtain the fruit and make your way back, you hear deep zombie roars, and cries for help.

It seems marine two has become a vril infused zombie with the same power as a juggernaut. The zombie figure on the statue begins to crack and crumble until marine two busts through. Wearing shredded marine uniform, and extremely pumped up, marine two will make martyr's look like sheep. Defeat this zombie and return to the statue for more directions. Marine one is broken up, but promises to avenge him in life. When suddenly a voice from above screams out:"OOOH Dempsey! I see you found your friends...And one of them died...Oh well! And YOU! I thought I left you to rot in Germany. How did you make it here? Nevermind, I'll have none of it. You will never get free! And more importantly, DEMPSEY IS MINE!"

With the final words, a rumble will shake the entire map and the number of zombies per person will double for a round. Richtofen agrees to free Marine one, but vows the crew will die before they leave.(obviously) Marine one says his goodbyes and raises the fountain to reveal PHD Flopper. Regardless of how many perks you have, you can purchase Flopper, and it will never go away. The other perks, however will go away when downed. Allowing for this egg to be done in solo. While playing solo, the only playable character will be Dempsey.

Disclaimer: I wish no disrespect toward any of the deceased in New Orleans. This idea just struck me as good for zombie gameplay and atmosphere.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG, sweet idea! Although I do think that the easter egg could relate a little more towards the storyline. Maybe this is where Yuri died?, or maybe something to do with the new characters but now i reallllyyy would like to see this particular rendition of a cemetery as a map in the future...good work!

Thank you. I take pride in the maps I create in this forum, and it is good to see someone who appreciates the hard work. I would definitely incorporate the story line into the easter egg. It wouldn't be as complex as some of the other one's. Just enough to make it right. I want this map feeling eerie. I feel like a long drawn out egg, with only flopper as a pay off, would spoil the atmosphere. I don't know, we'll see as the day goes on.

That's what I was thinking. When the storm rolls in, is when the fun will begin for me. Don't get me wrong, I love the whole map. (I made it... :D ) I just love the thought of darker gameplay with rain distorting view slightly, and thunder crashing with lightning casting shadows everywhere. I think the burial vault would be one of the creepiest areas on the map. Only a skylight for lighting. Random morgue drawers opening and the sound of the storm outside. :o Very cool. I hope Treyarch is reading this one. I almost like this one better than my Agartha map.