Would you REALLY survive a zombie apocolypse?

With all this talk of real "zombie" outbreaks on the news lately (man eating other man's face, another man eating someones heart), we've been doing alot of talking around here on if we could realistcally survive a zombie apocolypse.

Well I've designed a Realistic quiz to determine your results. Note that this test is not exactly easy. Your answers must be realistic! Be completely honest when answering each question. Put yourself in the situation. And see how you'd stand up against a zombie apocolypse like we see in the movies. Feel free to post your results here. (it doesn't look like the link to post results directly is working on the test site.)

Good luck guys!

TAKE THE QUIZ

My Results:

"I survived 6 months."

"You survived for 6 months after the initial outbreak, but perished due to lack of knowledge and experience. Your death was most likely caused by an infection or fatal gunshot wound rather than killed by the undead."

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reactivated the test. It looks like the link is working now.

lol I died.

:lol: So did I. I only lasted 6 months.

BTW guys, this test is designed to be hard. Unless you've already got decent knowledge in first aid, combat, good physical health, etc it'll probably be hard to be a weak survivor at best. You've pretty much have to answer every other question correctly to even be a weak survivor.

BTW, this test is based on a "most correct" scale. Each answer has a point rating. There is no one right answer, only "more right" answers. Remember to answer the questions truthfully. Put yourself in the situation and pick what you would, not what you think is the right answer ya know?

I'm quite suprised to see so many strong survivors. We must have a lot of outdoor survival, medical experts and athletes on here. ;)

I got

"You will survive but almost everyone in your group will be dead."

Hehehehe.

Awesome job dude! That's impressive you even survived. You must have answered with alot of the best answers. I would've been happy to be even a weak survivor. :lol:

Who's the jokester that voted for Zombie Terminator. I have an EXTREMELY hard time believing someone got that result. Not calling anyone a liar, but it would mean you are an expert in the field of medicine, outdoor survival, combat training, an athelete, have the best luck ever and answered EVERY single question on the test correctly.

I'm not calling BS but......BS!

My family is very proficient with weapons and we own quite a stock pile. In my house I have the following:

M4A1 w/ Tac. light and holographic sights. semi-auto

Mossburg Tactical shotgun with front grip. semi-auto

45. caliber Baretta hand gun. semi-auto

30-30 Marlin rifle. semi-auto

22. Winchester rifle. semi-auto

One baseball bat that I made from a small tree, and when it was still alive and fresh, I hammered nails backwards into and covered it in wood glue as a finish.

Nicknamed: The Equalizer

At my Uncle Pete's house, he has 200+ acres of land. Not only would they have one hell of a sprint, we would have scopes all on them. His house armory includes a list of hunting rifles dating from 1900's to recent.(not too sure of makes and models) The only gun I know he has, is HIS M4A1.(brothers will be brothers) He opted out on the light and got the flare gun mount.(basically a nube toob but you can't legally buy grenades for it, only flares. we shoot it on 4th of july)

Also I value my family as being very intelligent when it comes to survival and science. I could make a variety of weapons using simple science and materials from home depot. I have close family with small farms. Cousins in the firework business. And all of my family, including myself, frequent the gun range, or have their own gun range.

I neglected to mention the family I have in Marines, Navy, and Air Force.(Leaves the dinner conversations, on leave time, very awkward with all of them arguing over which branch is better.) I think they would probably have to do their part in other areas first, sadly. Hopefully the government crumbles and they can come home in those times.

So, in conclusion, I view myself and every single member of my family, as Zombie Terminators.

EDIT: I didn't take the test when I wrote this. :? It seems according to the all knowing test, I only lasted 3 months. :lol: Shows what that thing knows.Then again, some of the questions I had to pick answers that I wouldn't have picked. You know my action plan. I would survive baby.

My family is very proficient with weapons and we own quite a stock pile. In my house I have the following:

One baseball bat that I made from a small tree, and when it was still alive and fresh, I hammered nails backwards into and covered it in wood glue as a finish.

At my Uncle Pete's house, he has 200+ acres of land. Not only would they have one hell of a sprint, we would have scopes all on them. His house armory includes a list of hunting rifles dating from 1900's to recent.(not too sure of makes and models) The only gun I know he has, is HIS M4A1.(brothers will be brothers) He opted out on the light and got the flare gun mount.(basically a nube toob but you can't legally buy grenades for it, only flares. we shoot it on 4th of july)

Also I value my family as being very intelligent when it comes to survival and science. I could make a variety of weapons using simple science and materials from home depot. I have close family with small farms. Cousins in the firework business. And all of my family, including myself, frequent the gun range, or have their own gun range.

I neglected to mention the family I have in Marines, Navy, and Air Force.(Leaves the dinner conversations, on leave time, very awkward with all of them arguing over which branch is better.) I think they would probably have to do their part in other areas first, sadly. Hopefully the government crumbles and they can come home in those times.

So, in conclusion, I view myself and every single member of my family, as Zombie Terminators.

I think the point was to take the quiz and see what you get, then answer the poll.

This is impressive as hell though. I know who I'm getting in contact with when the world is falling apart.

You've got to take the quiz to determine your poll answer Dishonor.

The quiz is designed so that if you answer even one question that's not the most right you won't be a zombie terminator. Hell, you could answer every question and answer the luck question and be wrong enough to not get that ranking.

Just take the actual quiz and see what happens.

And I had no idea you were an expert in the field of survival and combat training and first aid. Which would means you're an Outdoor Survival Expert/ER doctor/professional MMA fighter or military. The test was kind of designed so you can't achieve zombie terminator. :lol:

I got six months as well, same reason as everyone else.

You survived for 6 months after the initial outbreak, but perished due to lack of knowledge and experience. Your death was most likely caused by an infection or fatal gunshot wound rather than killed by the undead.

Can I change that and go out "I Am Legend" style?

Honestly, there are too many variables for this quiz To be accurate.

Explain? :|

The point of the quiz is to rate your current expereince and knowledge in categories necessary to survive in a post apocolyptic world.

Fact is, if you're not experienced in combat and survival, not in ideal shape, not mechanically inclined and so on you will not survive a zombie filled world like we see in the movies.

It doesn't matter how much you know about zombies, the fact is if you can't run more than a mile at a fast pace, know how to properly disinfect a major wound, or know how to disarm an enemy for example, you probably won't survive until the end of a real life apocolypse.

If, you chose to travel with a group of other survivors, you're odds would probably increase depending on their certain set of skills and abilities.

It also depends on the kind of zombie, if we're dealing with rise-from-the ground zombies then the only thing we have to worry about really is getting surrounded. Plus, you would still have alit of people to help you. The zombies would move slowly, and decompose to the point where it's impossible to move within a few months/ a year. Especially if it's hot outside. And let's not forget cannibalism. If zombies are constantly hungering for flesh, then it's not unlikely that an entire horde could devour itself.

I think some people assume that the second a zombie attacks somewhere, everything dies/fails immediately. In the initial stages, entire towns could still be alive, protecting each other if people could not help fight them. Plus, help from dispatched military units as well If the opportunity arises.

But, if we're dealing with the insane cannibal "zombie", they would be harder to deal with, as they move faster, can't dcompose, and may retain the mental capacity to hunt. However, many of hese "zombies" would die of starvation/dehydration within the first few months. There is once again the issue of cannibalism among these "zombies".

Also, all these factors would be working against the zombies, making them easier to kill or deal with as time went on.

PLUS: Zombies aren't constantly going after you knowing you're every move and the quickest way to get to you like in zombies mode. Their senses would be: (undead) next to nothing, or the equivalent to a human's.

Nature won't allow a zombie apocalypse, so as long as you can wait it out for a few months, you're fine.

I don't know about the whole military thing. Usually when stuff like this happens on a GLOBAL scale, the military is caught with their pants down. And when they pull 'em back up after a lot of bickering, they see that they can't do ANYTHING.

Also, carrion flesh (AKA dead flesh) is usually not something you would eat. :?

In the initial stages, entire towns could still be alive, protecting each other if people could not help fight them

You know how that fails? Human corruption. You'll always have some idiots and power-hungry people throwing away the idea of rational thought and "sticking together". Some time or another, if you don't get your throat slit by some other guy, you're going to get overwhelmed.

Just my thoughts :)