Black ops 2 maps.

I would like to see more maps like shang and COTD in black ops 2. I like these maps because if you just got a 70 or 80 on them it would be considered very good unlike ascension and moon where if I got 80 I would consider it a complete fail. Also the highest rounds on these maps where only in the 70s and 80s for a long time until the mods came out. Even if they added these two maps for the hardened and fix the g_spawn error and all the glitches then that would be nice. I would also like to see a variety in the maps though, have some maps that are hard like COTD and shang and some like moon and ascension.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see what you're saying. Personally, I would love more maps like FIVE and Shang, as well as Cotd. But I wouldn't consider round 80 on Ascension a fail, round 80 on any map is pretty damn good, and Moon is also hard as balls, so I don't know how that would be considered easy.

This is all in my own opinion anyways.

I wouldn't consider round 80 on Ascension a fail, round 80 on any map is pretty damn good, and Moon is also hard as balls, so I don't know how that would be considered easy.

Co-signed [brains] [brains]

***Edit: Sorry the forum won't let me brain you either. I guess we think too much alike***

I wouldn't consider round 80 on Ascension a fail, round 80 on any map is pretty damn good, and Moon is also hard as balls, so I don't know how that would be considered easy.

Co-signed [brains] [brains]

***Edit: Sorry the forum won't let me brain you either. I guess we think too much alike***

It's all good, it's the thought that counts.

And it finally let me give you brains, so here's some for great minds thinking alike [brains]

Im just saying 80+ on shang and COTD can take 20+ and for COTD 30+ hours but on ascension can be done in 9-10 hours.

Most people do not have that kind of time for zombies though. Sure, if I had the time I could probably make it to the 80s on Ascension easy, but I just don't have 9 or so hours to do that kind of thing. Neither does the casual gamer.

I would like to see more Verruckt style maps. Not so much for the WaW feel, but the overall gameplay is much more fun, when you split up the players. I would make it so no matter what you get separated. I find that when you play two player, you never get separated.

I would also like to see more maps like COTD. George really isn't that big of a problem, especially since they added Mule Kick. Example:

Clearing gun: M&S

Point racker: AK74u

George gun: L96A1

Also, COTD is the only map to allow players to get all perks while playing solo, in a reasonably easy manner. With the above mentioned setup, you could get all perks, trade the sniper for a VR11 and the rest of the game is a breeze. I love COTD and hope they add something similar.

As far as the characters and overall feel, it's ok. Not the best, but the game-play features these maps introduce are awesome.

Killing gun:ray gun

Killing gun:mustang and sally

killing gun:scavenger

Lol :lol:

So what you were saying about how you want more maps like COTD and shang...basically you just want maps that are harder to survive on? Or maps that take longer to clear each round? Both?

Killing gun:ray gun

Killing gun:mustang and sally

killing gun:scavenger

On COTD this setup is only really good until round 50, as you well know Yeti.

Ray Gun takes around 35 shots to kill a hoard on this level, M&S takes around a 1/4 of it's ammo.

George takes around 60 flops to kill, it's probably more efficient to do that for those crazy enough to go really high.

Another option is to use the Dragunov as the 3rd gun, as it uses less than 1/2 it's ammo to kill. So if you kill George end 50 with it, he will come back on 52 and you can kill him again and have no ammo left.

Once he comes back on 54, in theory you can use him to get a max ammo to fill the Drag again. As the ammo comes every 4 or 5 rounds though, this may not work and you will be having to flop him anyway.

I love COTD, however it is a stupid map. No wonder weapon or traps (for solo) makes it a toll rather than a challenge. Whereever the box is, it's not that difficult if you know what you are doing to keep hitting it mid round. It's ludicrous however to have neither a wonder (well, 'always' wonder) or traps though.

Back on the original topic.

I would like to see more maps like shang and COTD in black ops 2. I like these maps because if you just got a 70 or 80 on them it would be considered very good unlike ascension and moon where if I got 80 I would consider it a complete fail. Also the highest rounds on these maps where only in the 70s and 80s for a long time until the mods came out.

The absolute only difference between Shang/COTD and Moon/Ascension is traps and ammo.

Shang and COTD are harder as they have no traps.

Moon has no traps but is easy due to the hacker.

Ascension has both traps and a wonder weapon.

Either way the strategies aren't too dis-similar.

Hoard 1/2 groups, combine and/or wonder of some description.

On all of these maps the hoarding is actually easy for skilled players.

Ascension and COTD have the easiest quick kites, Shang and Moon (playing the quick way) are definitely harder but not by much. I'm looking at Semtex/AK for Shang, and tunnel 11 for Moon.

You could infact argue that for a lot of players Ascension is too easy, and this leads to mistakes in itself. I'm one of these for sure.

I got 80 I would consider it a complete fail.

Wow Yeti, this statement :?

Good thoughts Chopper. I'll still always lean towards my Recieving Bay strategy as opposed to the Tunnel 11 strategy, with 11 there's always a little risk involved whereas at round 30 the spawn is a piece of piss with a very simple loop, not to mention fast.

Shang isn't too bad for ammo from my experience, that gun has so much ammo and for some reason ammos tend to drop more frequently on this map than others. If you do run out then it's the only map in which it's pretty simple to circle at any box location.

As for future maps, I'm sure we'll get a mixed bag. If they do what they did with Black Ops and start us off with an easy map and a hard map, that'd be perfect.

All I'll say at this point is, I hope at least one of these maps has a realistic way to get through the high rounds (good wonderweapon or traps), I plan to go for 200 or at least as far as the game's coding will let me go once I've got my strategy all worked out.

It dent make any difference if there is traps or not because using traps is actually slower than using just the power weapon the whole time(in most cases). 99 ascension I had over 40,000 kills. Als if you are wondering why I cosider 80 on ascenio a fail look at my bio or whatever its called ;)

On COTD this setup is only really good until round 50, as you well know Yeti.

The only thing I would change about that is trade the scavenger for the v-r11 or crossbow and make sure its not my third weapon. I would keep the ray gun and maybe even recycle it along with he v-r11 to kill george every time possible and get the wunderwaffe to kill some extra zombies and speed it up a little bit. There is no way I wuld flop george to deathbecause adding that mch time to a map that already takes over 20 hours is just stupid. Also you can easily kill zombies with the ray gun whatever rond you are on until about he 80s. I dont mean whole hordes but you can kill the last few zombies.

offtopic again: I still think there are some hidden secrets in COTD for solo zombie slaying in high rounds. Yeti has already opened a can of worms by telling us that its two shots in water. We just need to connect the dots guys.

Overall I love the mix of maps like COTD and Shang that does not have traps. I don't care about high roundsthat much but having same structure in all mapswould be boring.

As far as I'm concerned the only map that its hard to get a high round on (40+) in co-op is 'Five.' That map IMO is the hardest map in BO zombies, and the easiest I would say is Moon for the simple fact that the hacker makes the entire game at least a thousand times easier, then you have the wave gun and gersch bombs. Just let all the drops pass except for legit max ammos when you need them and in the later rounds whenever who has the wave gun is out of ammo, I'll kill them with my rayguns and mustang and sally or drop a gersch and hack drops.

CoTD is a pretty easy map IMO as well for the simple fact that it has so much space, unlike Shang and Five. Also the fact that you can force max ammos by gettin George to shock the zombies makes it easy too. The only problem you would have in the later rounds is if the VR-11 runs out of ammo.

Ascension you have the thunder gun and traps so basically easy mode on.

But Five, for the lack of training areas and the boxes and traps on that map are in the most annoying places, makes it really hard to get past 40 in co-op. Not to mention the broken wonderweapon that is complete fail kill.

As far as I'm concerned the only map that its hard to get a high round on (40+) in co-op is 'Five.' That map IMO is the hardest map in BO zombies, and the easiest I would say is Moon for the simple fact that the hacker makes the entire game at least a thousand times easier, then you have the wave gun and gersch bombs. Just let all the drops pass except for legit max ammos when you need them and in the later rounds whenever who has the wave gun is out of ammo, I'll kill them with my rayguns and mustang and sally or drop a gersch and hack drops.

CoTD is a pretty easy map IMO as well for the simple fact that it has so much space, unlike Shang and Five. Also the fact that you can force max ammos by gettin George to shock the zombies makes it easy too. The only problem you would have in the later rounds is if the VR-11 runs out of ammo.

Ascension you have the thunder gun and traps so basically easy mode on.

But Five, for the lack of training areas and the boxes and traps on that map are in the most annoying places, makes it really hard to get past 40 in co-op. Not to mention the broken wonderweapon that is complete fail kill.

This.

I would like to add that Moon's "No man's land" can make the gameplay extremely easy. If you manage to get jugg and pack a punch, then empty the gun before going to moon, you will end up with more than enough money to make it all the way around the map. You can buy the knife and get flopper, and it will still be round one.

I hate "Five." Not a bad idea, just very complicating and without cooperation during the thief rounds, you can consider it game over. The box locations (as mentioned above) are in such tight quarters, and nearly impossible to hit mid round. The freeze gun is garbage. If the thief actually takes your good gun, you can kiss it goodbye, unless you aren't playing with randoms.(which I always do)

COTD is fun for me because of the amount of things they allow in solo. That is it. I hope more maps allow for solo eggs, and a way to get all the perks without an egg. No need to make them permanent or anything,(quick revive on solo) just a way to get them.

Shangri-la is one of my favorites because it is the only map I can camp, successfully, on solo. Sitting at the mouth of the cave by the bridge, I could go forever. If I get overrun, I simply circle half the map and make my way back to the cave. The monkeys are unreliable for me. I can get max ammos no problem. It's the perks I can't get.(not even once)

In conclusion, I would like to see at least one map,(or a few) that have a layout similar to shangri-la and the solo gameplay of COTD.

I would like to add that Moon's "No man's land" can make the gameplay extremely easy. If you manage to get jugg and pack a punch, then empty the gun before going to moon,

Can is the most important word here. How many people can easily do this in NML?

You are absolutely correct. If people don't have the skills to do the work in "No Man's Land", their gameplay will be normal. For those of us who CAN,(or at least for myself) you can't start Moon without getting everything in "No Man's Land." Because you know you can. If you go there without it you feel like you missed out on a chance. That's my opinion anyways. Now that I think about it, having another map with a NML type area would be awesome. NOT EVERY MAP, just another one.

It dent make any difference if there is traps or not because using traps is actually slower than using just the power weapon the whole time(in most cases).

Using a wonder weapon like the Thundergun or Wave Gun is of course faster and it's always my choice to line up up and knock em down until I'm out of ammo... but what if it's a scenario like maps with the Wunderwaffe or Winter's Howl, in which after a certain amount of time the weapon either stops killing zombies or runs out within less than half a round? Then you have to resort to traps, if the map has any. It's also a lot wiser to use traps to finish out the round to keep a runner rather than to try and hit the box mid-round in some obscure location - like myself, lots of us are capable of pulling it off, but after you've been using some rinse-and-repeat strategy for an extended period of time you might get knocked out of rhythm when you're forced to run some really small circle.

COTD would maybe be my favourite map if there wasn't a limit to how far you could go due to having no method of killing zombies in the high rounds. I don't want another map that, realistically, limits you to about round 80.

Thats why I said in most cases. I know the wunderwaffe wont even take out half the round after about 60. And COTD is really the only exception of not having traps making a big difference because on the maps that dont have traps they have a infinite power weapon that can kill all 24, except COTD. That map is just not possible to get to 100 or something up there. The rounds over 100 would take over 2,000 hours to complete using the ak.