Zombies and the Maya - Poster reveal?

Pre-ordered Black Ops II yet? Did you get the poster like at the top of the forum? Did you notice the numbers on the chick's cap? 1221. The end date of the Mayan long count on their calendar, 12-21-12. Mayan pyramids in Shangri-La.. Is that a coincidence? Could the new zombies have something to do with the end of the world in that respect? Thoughts?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Just as a heads up, this has been discussed on the forum before, like in the links below:

viewtopic.php?f=100&t=21775

viewtopic.php?f=81&t=21511

viewtopic.php?f=100&t=21705#p209055

viewtopic.php?f=100&t=21633#p208292

However, this is news to me and I have not seen it before so thank you for posting it. Here is the image, in case no one knows what he is talking about.

Like you had said, my first guess would be the end of the Mayan calender at December 21, 2012. Thanks to this thread for helping me connect some ideas together, but here it goes.

As you read in the link provided, apparently the Mayan's were told by a "tall white man from the sea" that the world would end. That man sounds like Vril-ya to me, because they were white and very large giants, and were thought to once inhabit Atlantis, which was in the sea. The name of the man was Kukulcan, and he was able to take the form of a serpent. Some say that Vril-ya were able to take the form of serpents as well, not to mention the Vril-ya are deeply interwoven to snakes just in general. Remember the Naga's everywhere on Shangri-La? So this man, Vril-ya perhaps, was saying that the world would end 12/21/2012. In the book known as The Coming Race, which first described the Vril-ya people, it says that the Vril-ya would outlive their underground home and have to inhabit the outside of the Earth. Perhaps that happens on 12/21/2012.

As you read in the link provided, apparently the Mayan's were told by a "tall white man from the sea" that the world would end. That man sounds like Vril-ya to me, because they were white and very large giants, and were thought to once inhabit Atlantis, which was in the sea. The name of the man was Kukulcan, and he was able to take the form of a serpent. Some say that Vril-ya were able to take the form of serpents as well, not to mention the Vril-ya are deeply interwoven to snakes just in general. Remember the Naga's everywhere on Shangri-La? So this man, Vril-ya perhaps, was saying that the world would end 12/21/2012. In the book known as The Coming Race, which first described the Vril-ya people, it says that the Vril-ya would outlive their underground home and have to inhabit the outside of the Earth. Perhaps that happens on 12/21/2012.

My mind is blown. That explains a lot actually.

• Administrators

That especially explains why Rictofen needed the Vril generator in order to access the Pyramid of Redemption on MOON. Maybe the alien voices he was hearing were the Vril-ya?

Basically. It is either the Vril-ya or Illuminati, there is enough evidence for both that it really just comes down to preference.

That especially explains why Rictofen needed the Vril generator in order to access the Pyramid of Redemption on MOON. Maybe the alien voices he was hearing were the Vril-ya?

Basically. It is either the Vril-ya or Illuminati, there is enough evidence for both that it really just comes down to preference.

Pretty much, but it would be good to see less conspiracy and more historical theories. If Treyarch fully incorporate the historical theme then I think a lot more love will come for the game.

But conspiracy is just as interesting. I mean, it makes Time Travel a lot more realistic. I think.

If Treyarch put way more history in, I think it would be a bit too easy to figure out, and then we'd be bored out of our minds because we figured out the whole story already. History, you just have to put the puzzle pieces together. Conspiracy, you have to find those puzzle pieces, shift them around, and then put them together and it may not even be right then.

I did see a thread where someone (perhaps Matuzz) speculated that Treyarch did mess up on their historical timeline, or something like that.

(Not really sure.)

BTW this all makes sense to me, I mean the above stuff, like by other people. :)

the two aren't mutually exclusive.

I believe that the reason why the woman's hat represents the Mayan prophecy is either because of 1 or 2 things.

1. Treyarch will have a bonus map, possibly set in the timezone of the Mayan prophecy.

2. They will release a apocalypse based map (if they haven't already) on this date.

The second option seems very unlikely (and scary), but you never know. As James C. Burns put it, 'These guys sit in a room, thinking up ways to f**k with you'.