Bipods? Or something more futuristic!?

Hello community!

This is my first post in the "Multiplayer" section, so bear with me for a second :)

Well, if there is one attachment I love, it's the bipod. Do you think they'll have these "stability and aim increasing" attachments for guns in Black Ops 2? Or perhaps something more advanced?

Also, will you be able to apply these to not just HMGs,LMGs, and possibly snipers, but even assault rifles? You never know, it's 2025.

Thoughts?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello community!

This is my first post in the "Multiplayer" section, so bear with me for a second :)

Well, if there is one attachment I love, it's the bipod. Do you think they'll have these "stability and aim increasing" attachments for guns in Black Ops 2? Or perhaps something more advanced?

Also, will you be able to apply these to not just HMGs,LMGs, and possibly snipers, but even assault rifles? You never know, it's 2025.

Thoughts?

I'd probably like to see it on LMGs and Snipers, but I'm not to sure on ARs,I think that would be a balancing issue, considering they're already low recoil and accurate. One thing I want to see some back is bayonets, or at least something similar. My thought was a sheath on the side of your gun for faster knifing, that seems more modern. Another thing I'd like to see is different modifications, like possibly the Valkyrie Armaments belt fed modification for the AR-15 platform(M4 and M16 in game). It could reduce the accuracy and increase the reload time, while it improves magazine size and fire rate (automatic M16 and faster firing M4).

Hmmm what exactly is a Bipod? Do you mean like grip attachments or something similar, like the kick proficiency in MW3? Something that increases accuracy and lowers recoil?

You basically unfold it when lying prone, or you unfold it and attach it to a window/ledge. It means that while you're using it, you can't move, but only look around. It does however do something similar to Kick/Grip, but it is better as there is virtually zero recoil when using it.

My only problem with this is that people would then use this to lock down chokepoints or camping areas. I also don't know how many people would use it, simply because you're so immobile in such a fast-paced franchise, that by the time you've actually started using it you've probably been knifed in the back. Also, many CoD maps are quite small so it would be too easy for people to flank round someone using a bipod IMO.

I liked it in WaW, but that was because the maps suited it better, as there were more large maps than in MW3, where there aren't really very many large maps. I mean, WaW had Outskirts, Castle, Seelow, Banzai etc which were pretty large and so were slightly more suited to MGs and Snipers.