Does multiple endings mean THE end?

I've just been reading the recent Playstation Magazine and seen that Black Ops 2 will be having multiple ending. Does this mean that Black Ops 2 will end the Black Ops story...

Treyarch can't begin a game with different beginnings based on what you did in BO 2... Could they?

So do you think that Black Ops 2 will be the end & that we will get all the answers or do you think that Treyarch has something up their sleeves?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This would be pretty darn cool. I'm not sure how many different endings there will be in BO 2 though - it could just be two or three endings that have the same sort of result (villain dies etc) but just happens in a different way. Still, looking forward to seeing how Treyarch handle the campaign!

This concept reminds me of the game "Shadow the Hedgehog" that I played on the nintendo gamecube when I was a pipsqueak. The game has 24 levels in all, but only 6 missions in the campagin. There is a grid of missions on the main selection screen that you can do that looks like this:

[brains] = mission

[brains] [brains] [brains] [brains]

[brains] [brains] [brains] [brains] [brains]

[brains] [brains] [brains] [brains] [brains] [brains] Starts campagin here.

[brains] [brains] [brains] [brains] [brains]

[brains] [brains] [brains] [brains]

Each mission has a good, evil, and neautral objective. The neautral mission elevates you straight to the left mission, while the good or evil will elevate you to the upper or lower left. At the end of each campagin, the main character is usually kneeling over a main character, be it good or evil. He describes what he has learned about himself based on the players decisions, and then says "THIS IS WHO I AM!!" and kills the other character. there are 24 missions but hundreads of outcomes. They all end differently. Really after you are like an uber player (got perfect on every singal mission) all the outcomes result in the same epical ending mission number 25. The point is you can be either really good or really evil and have extreamly different endings, and it's enjoyable to do it all over again differently.

So the blops2 choices could be a little like that, all leading to the same ending under extreamly different circumstances. Your character could either stay with his team or go rouge or something. The premise of "Shadow the hedgehog" was very good in terms of open-endedness and playability, so the blops 2 system may be similar.

• 2 weeks later...