I find it "funny" that people are so obsessed with the box they won't open any doors, could care less about the power on to get perks, and will blow all their points on the box on round 4 because they want a ray gun so bad and once they get it they're going down every 3 seconds because they don't realize it's a smart idea to turn the power on first and grab jugg and phd and they scream that they have a ray gun and you NEED to revive them. If you're that hellbent on one shotting zombies on round 5 just grab the stakeout and spare everyone the annoyance lol

My solution? Always spawn the box when you first start the game in the power room. Verruckt, Ascension, Der Reise are all like this. I think that's a fair solution. Can't even play COTD or Shangri La online because people become zombies and follow the blue light and apparently enjoy going down 10 times before round 7.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friends and I always go for Jugg first on CoTD (any map really). If the box happens to be on the way, great. If not, oh well we'll get to it later. We always know what we need to do as far as opening doors go and if we play with randoms, its because we want to see if we can find somebody so bad its hilarious. I love the ray gun but not enough to risk not having jugg in the event I go down, or somebody on my team actually NEEDS to get a weapon better than a china lake and a spectre.

Lol doesn't matter really. As long as I got enough points for Jugg, I could care less about my whole team. I also make sure to tell them if they go down after spending all their money on the box and having no perks I'm not reviving them. Don't care if you have the thundergun and the raygun, I will teabag you while you die.

That's if I'm playing with randoms though.

Lol doesn't matter really. As long as I got enough points for Jugg, I could care less about my whole team. I also make sure to tell them if they go down after spending all their money on the box and having no perks I'm not reviving them. Don't care if you have the thundergun and the raygun, I will teabag you while you die.

That's if I'm playing with randoms though.

I like your style. I'd make exceptions for those times when you are trying to buy jugg but get downed either

A. after you buy but before it activates

B. on your way to jugg but the horde is blocking you

That's why zombies has the wonderful option of making private parties and playing only with your friends that actually do know how to play zombies, if you don't have any of those then that's also why we have a "Teammate Finder" section in the board index to find people that really know how to play zombies. :D

Also i like your style LJx19 lol when i'm playing with my buddies we only revive someone if we can doesn't matter what weapon you have if we can't get to you your screwed...

I always go for the box before anything. On every map except verruckt, shang, sometimes kino. I just get a wall weapon for early rounds on those maps. I will normally use all my money on the box before even turning on the power, I want a ray gun that bad. And dont say thats a bad idea because I always get very high rounds even when doing that. I mean not having jugg on round 5 is not that bad. I would rather have a hk or ray gun or something then jugg and no weapons.

Down to personal preference really. Where possible, I'll just get Bowie/Sickle before buying anything else. If you can get Bowie by round 5/6, then by round 10, you'll have made enough points for Jug, Speed and several boxes

Yup. Big blade first and foremost. Then Jugg. Then Mustang & Sally with PhD if the map has it. Then any points I get after that go on raping the box mid-round.

As for randoms making the box their first priority... really depends on where the box is. For example on Moon, even if it starts in the power room, that means I'm only one door away from the Bowie. Though in a map like Kino, if the box starts in the PM63 room then I always go by the old phase, "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em". May as well spam the box myself, after all what happens if I save all of my points? "Super, you have lots of points please open all of the doors to the power so I can buy Jugg".

Its all about getting the bowie or sickle. I go by the saying "if u want to save your life, go straight for the knife." 1 stab kills till round 10 (most of u probably know this) and thats when u turn on power and get juggs. and i usually buy the ak 74 off the wall and i dont hit the box till around 15. And it seems like it gives me good luck when my teammates spend all their money on the box and on my first try on round 15 i usually get a ray gun or hk 21. while everyone else has 0 points and came out with a chna lake and dragonov for 10 rounds straight

Lol MP5K FTW. While they hit the box I use the MP5 to rack up points, then when they eventually down themselves, I go do what I need to do. The only time I ever revive them (if playing with randoms) is if I need to keep my points and want the extra revive points.

Also, I have EXTREMELY horrible luck with the box. Literally have not gotten the wave gun in co-op, and almost never get the ice gun on 'Five' or Verruckt. I've gotten the wunderwaffe once on der-riese though.

The ray gun makes more than enough points! By 40 I always have more than 100,000 points using it. Then I will try for max ammos later on for the wonder weapon and that can make 20,000 points.

Yup. Some players like to spray and spray and spray with some sort of MG, then have 500k points that they're never gonna use. Such a waste of time...

I'll just hit the box once or twice to get at least one good gun, and then rely on wall weapons for the other slot, such as picking up a smg of some sort to rack up points. Then by about round 10 or so, I can go around picking up whatever I need.

And also, if people are box whoring, then I'll just hit the box once and use whatever weapon I get to build up points and wait patiently for a chance to hit the box again for a better weapon.

The ray gun makes more than enough points! By 40 I always have more than 100,000 points using it. Then I will try for max ammos later on for the wonder weapon and that can make 20,000 points.

Yup. Some players like to spray and spray and spray with some sort of MG, then have 500k points that they're never gonna use. Such a waste of time...

I actually like trying to break my point records on each map. I had around 3100 kills on CoTD on a round 40 match and only racked up about 300k points. I'm in like 6th place on my friends list. The top guy has just over 650k