Attempting CotD R100 Solo, possibly R115

Alright, so I have always wanted to do this, but haven't because I wouldn't be able to record it. Very soon I will be able to, so I can now attempt this.

Call of the Dead is my favourite map. I don't know whether it's the characters, the layout of it, the wonder weapons, etc, but I love it! Being my favourite, I see it only fitting that I should break 100 on it first!

Before you ask, yes I do know that this would be a world record. But I'm not doing this for that (though it doesn't hurt). I'm doing this because I've told myself time and time again that I would get to Round 115 on every map, or at least Round 100. R115 I think would be a very cool record to have, but R100 would be just as a nice accomplishment.

The reason I'm writing this is because I have never really gone for high rounds before in Solo. Yes, it'll make it all the more challenging, especially on THIS map, but I won't give up. My longest, and highest goal in Zombies is to get to Round 100 on Call of the Dead, and I won't give up! No matter how many downs, how many retries, and how long it will take!

I will probably attempt it within a couple of weeks. Until than, I'll be spending all my time on CotD, honing my skills on it. Tonight will be my first training sesh (I don't mean training as in 'zombie trains', I actually mean training!).

That being said, I'm asking for any tips you guys and gals can give me about Call of the Dead. Any strategies you've written or recorded, post them here (though I've probably most likely seen them ;) )

Triple Crown Champions, it'd be good if you guys could give me some advice as well, as well as anyone else on CoDz.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always want to encourage people to attempt crazy things. However 100 on COTD is just not feasible mate :(

On round 70, each zombie has 320,000 HP. There are 18.7 hoards.

The standard scavenger does 85,000 total damage, the upgraded does 340,000.

This means that on round 70, you need around 12 new and then PAPed scavengers to complete the level.

On round 99, the zombies have around 5,200,000 HP.

So to get rid of one entire hoard, you need to use 10 or so complete scavengers, PAPed and unPAPed.

Sorry Rissole I'm not trying to knock your attempt to do this, just want to let you know the full enormity of what you are doing :)

That actually doesn't sound to bad actually. If I can keep the DG-2 for a long time than it should be easier. But first I'd have to learn how to actually allow drops to appear when using the DG-2.

I wonder, how would I go about recording this? What would need to be seen to actually have this appear legit? I know if I just record the last round that won't work unfortunately.

im with chopper on this even tho it doesn't seem bad thinking about but playing it as i speak from experience, it is frustrating even to hit 70

you wont be able to hold on to the waff you'll be alternating and killing George mid round, so 1 round waff 1 round without, the round without will take 3 times as long.

+ recycling your weapon that many times in 1 round especially cotd because of the re-spawn is just too risky.

heres a run i did a while back(fyi i hate recycling weapons lol)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDkLOsEZdv0

Good luck though i'd like to see it, will you be live-streaming?

Fair play for wanting to go for it mate, but it's so painful and I don't think it'd feasible as pointed out. Past round 70 ammo budgetting is just absolutely ridiculous. Also you can only get a Max Ammo drop from a Wunderwaffe/Scavenger every 4-5 rounds as tested and confirmed by myself. It won't drop any other powerups apart from Max Ammos either.

Thanks for commenting. :)

Your downs in your video would've been incredibly frustrating. Especially the one where George trapped you by the stairs in the lighthouse.

But I realized something while watching it. I really have no idea what my strategy is going to be now. I thought I knew it, but I just forgot about some other things.

I was originally just going to go with M&S, Scavenger and the V-R11. The V-R11 would be to just deal with George after getting all the perks, but I realized that I wouldn't be able to get the Waffe that way. Plus I completely forgot about the Awful Lawton.

I suppose Matroyshka Dolls will make things slightly easier though. With there high damage output, they should be able to take 3 full hordes if aimed correctly.

I have never recycled before so I will have to practice that. If you make all the horde crawlers, or atleast damage them so they don't respawn when going into a new area, than it might make it easier maybe? The only safe box zones look like they'd be by the spawn and just outside the lighthouse, but than again I've never done it. :P

Unfortunately I can't live-stream. I wouldn't know what equipment and programs I need, plus I'm sure my internet isn't fast enough to live-stream it properly. :(

Thanks for the commenting Super. I know I won't be getting this in the first attempt, but practice makes perfect. So I just gotta keep going for it if I really want it.

With Max Ammo drop every 5 rounds, do the zombies have to be electrified for this to happen?

Btw, I did a little practice sesh just before. Made it to 20, and George literally jumped on top of me after going off the ledge into spawn. Caused me to become stuck, and well I couldn't keep the zombies away just staying in one spot in the water.

Ah thank you.

I'm going to have to try out several strategies beforehand, just to see which one I prefer. I guess this will involve the Max Ammo trick, recycling and just general circling.

Would it be worth it to shoot the zombies while in the water, as they die slowly in it, plus the damage from when a frozen zombie breaks.

Rissole!

I really admire your enthusiasm. I would love to see someone get to 100+ on COTD - but if the likes of Super, Chopper, Tom etc find it hard, then you know what you are getting yourself in for :twisted:

I find this map hard on 50+ due to zombie health, lack of ammo & no traps. Haven't tried it since the Mule Kick update so i may have a bit more luck next time but 55 is my record. And i consider that to be quite good.

If you do come up with something im sure you'll post it here - i for one am looking forward to your findings.

[brains]

Get to 50 solo on COTD = You got serious skills.

Getting to 60 solo on COTD = Getting to 100 on all solo maps. (except Nacht)

Getting to 70 solo on COTD = Top 10 zombie players in the world.

Getting to 80 on COTD = You are the greatest player in the world. But I'd like to see a full round proof.

Getting to 90 on COTD = Fake.

Getting to 100 on COTD = Fake.

Damn dude this threads a buzzkill. I admit I didnt know shit about about the scavenger being so ridiculous in the high rounds. Ive never done any 100s on any map. Hell my highest on solo is 50 on the easiest map, ascension. I suicided after that because that was my goal. But god damn recycling the scav 300 times for one round. Thats gotta be a month game atleast if this guy makes it. Good luck bro.

Thanks Misael :)

It does sound daunting yes, but never say never. Anything is truly possible if you put your mind to it. Been practicing a lot lately, perfecting the strategy I'll be using.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to do this right away as planned. The component cables should be arriving within a couple of days, but the time it will take to do this. I want to have the shortest possible time my PS3 will have to stay on, so I'll attempt this over a 3-4 day weekend, and devote all my time to it.

Do you know how making zombie into ice blocks work? Ive only been to 27 on this map. If your at the spawn and you shoot a machine gun into the hoard while theyre in the water they almost instantly turn into ice blocks when i tried it, but im not sure how much damage you have to put into them. Might work for a high round attempt?

Do you know how making zombie into ice blocks work? Ive only been to 27 on this map. If your at the spawn and you shoot a machine gun into the hoard while theyre in the water they almost instantly turn into ice blocks when i tried it, but im not sure how much damage you have to put into them. Might work for a high round attempt?

Shooting zombies whilst in water increases the damage. problem is you need to stay in the water with them in order to continoously damage them liek that by spawn. Otherwise you can try what swask was doing at 70's. Circle around ak area back in light house and take the speed cola slide, start walking towards the ledge, back up and start shooting. There is almost an infinite supply of AK ammo there. with double tap, speed cola and dead shot as your best friends. All the best on your wild goose chase Rissole.

Regards,

way2g00

I'm guessing they won't do shit in the 90s.

This is true.

And as everyone said, it's insane how long this map takes on high rounds. It is possible, yes, but it will be a long, long time. More than a week. Maybe around 2 weeks. And I'm only talking about 100. 115 would take a month or so, probably (just a guestimation)

More like a year if you use wall/box weapons mid round. Unless you find a secret way of killing zombies in that map. Just wait for Super's post I am sure he will come up with some thing brilliant.

Remember Round 85 in general is half way to Round 100. That too when zombies are instant kill with wonder weapon like Thundergun or such. With increasing health and no wonder weapon to kill them its a forever thing.

Has any one tried a cocktail of 2 Lazarus shots, Hyena infra dead and H20 on those undeads at higher rounds (>60)

Im not trying to sound mean here but you are not going to get to 100 on COTD! IT would take over 2 weeks to complete a round in the 90s! You couldnt just recycle the scavenger until you kill the zombies because they would bleed out before you could even get the scavenger back. 100 on nacht is more likely than COTD. Black ops 2 would be out by the time you finished the game! You should make a more realistic goal like 70 on COTD. It would still be very hard and would take forever but it is possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey man!

Well the PVR is up and running, however I need to get a new computer for the program to work properly. I should be getting it real soon though! :)

I've been practicing alot, and I think I am ready for it. However, I'm going to wait till a 3-4 day weekend arises before I attempt it though.

Hey man!

Well the PVR is up and running, however I need to get a new computer for the program to work properly. I should be getting it real soon though! :)

I've been practicing alot, and I think I am ready for it. However, I'm going to wait till a 3-4 day weekend arises before I attempt it though.

Rissole, I am going to give you an advice. Instead of aiming for 100 and spending days pausing the game, go for 30 first, then 40 then 50, Once you get to 50 I am sure you can accomplish whatever you have your goal in mind.Also, Check this out. It is unlisted video, I was doing some research on quick revive and other stuff so I attempted this high round long time ago. If you want to see click the spoiler link. It is from Round 1 to 38 I believe and I died because one Ground Spawner hold me down and got me stuck. It was very quick death my friend.

XapxGX2k1ZY