CoDz Has Made Me a Worse Player

I'd consider myself to be a slightly above average player, generally getting to the mid 30's in co-op. However, during my short time on this forum I often see discussions about people getting to round 50+ in co-op, getting to round 100 in solo and breaking new world records etc. It's made me feel like I'm not as good as I actually thought. I now tend to just search for random games online, but right now I'm at the point where I rage quit every single time that I go down, regardless of what round I'm on, what guns I have or how long I've been playing. But the feeling of frustration and disappointment from knowing I'm never going to be better than average is taking away the fun I used to have before I came here. :(

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry about it man. Mid 30s in co-op is still a big achievement. If you can get that far then quite often you can get to these high rounds you see people getting on here. The main difference is how much time you have on your hands, how much you play and how dedicated you are.

Rounds alone do not show your skill level.

I disagree with IFQ's assessment.

I used to feel I was pretty decent, until I found CODZ. The perception is different now that I realize how much better I could be, how much improvement is available. You are not worse, you are just not as good as you thought.

When I first started playing I was shooting for higher rounds. After a while they become repetitive and boring. Now I go into every game playing for fun, and not set myself up to be disappointed. I used to be ashamed of downing 35 times in game, now I laugh about it. One of my dear PS3 friends kidnova once had 60 downs roofing around, even though he is an absolute beast when he is on. I think if you adjust your attitude to simply have fun you will find games more enjoyable.

IFQ, don't worry about it so much - after all, it's hard to beat some of the people on here simply because they are World Record holders. There's also no need to get frustrated with zombies, just chillax and try and enjoy it.

Remember, zombies is there to be played however you want - you can try shooting for high rounds, but you don't have to. You can just as easily ignore all the stuff about round 80 or round 90 on here and just play the game the way you want.

And by the way, getting into the 30s is most definitely above average.

My proof: do what you're doing and play with randoms, they are all the proof you need ;)

Haha, I remember playing multiplayer Black Ops with Mr.Rofls & Undeadwolfy that made me feel like a total noob at FPS.

We all have bad days when it comes to gaming.

Don't submit to the rage.

"Why do we fall down?" "So we can pick ourselves up again".

Live to fight another day.

Remember your playing to have fun, it would seem you have gone out of the fun zone.

Why don't you try getting a few matches with CoDz members, perhaps the fun will return if you have decent back up.

Personally I see it as a challenge when I get downed. Can I survive on just my M1911 & the points I have to spare?

Make it fun for yourself again.

Regards Alpha.

You can always get better! I made apost when I first came to this website asking how to use the traps on five and being excited over the fact that I got to round 28 on solo :facepalm: . A few months after that I made another post on how I got to 78 on shi no numa and was ranked #1 in the world! I now consider myslef one of the best players in the world but a year ago I couldnt even hit 30 on solo.

• 2 weeks later...