Who gets shot in last radio message on Moon?

I3lackI3ird

I have always wondered who exactly gets shot on the last radio message on Moon after Maxis says to Samantha; "Kill them, all..." I saw theories about Maxis being shot, but the person who says; "We are doomed" sounds the same as Maxis to me and why would Dr. Groph or Dr. Schuster assume that "we are doomed" just because Maxis died or did they know more than I think they did? My other question: How can Dr. Maxis' AI respond to what Richtofen says to him, they didn't have that kind of technology back then? Hope someone could explain this to me. :)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always wondered who exactly gets shot on the last radio message on Moon after Maxis says to Samantha; "Kill them, all..." I saw theories about Maxis being shot, but the person who says; "We are doomed" sounds the same as Maxis to me and why would Dr. Groph or Dr. Schuster assume that "we are doomed" just because Maxis died or did they know more than I think they did? My other question: How can Dr. Maxis' AI respond to what Richtofen says to him, they didn't have that kind of technology back then? Hope someone could explain this to me. :)

Who cares who gets shot!!!

Samantha is on the loose and you are worried about who got shot??!!?!

Who cares who gets shot!!!

Samantha is on the loose and you are worried about who got shot??!!?!

Haha yeah. :roll: It is important for the story and how it continues in BOII.

It was Maxis who was shot. His life force (Soul) was absorbed by the MPD.

I believe it was Dr. Richtofen who silently entered the area with the black pyramid & proceeded to shoot Dr. Maxis in the back when he saw that he was influencing Sam to "To kill them all".

Dr. Richtofen was returning to the Griffin station after enacting operation shield (security protocol 935). This was after he teleported the Maxis family to the Moon.

Which he did just in time to see Sam taking he new orders from her father & returning to Aether within the black pyramid once again becoming the conduit.

At which point Dr. Groph says "We are all doomed", remember Dr. Groph has been studying what the Vril device was, so he may have an idea of what Sam can now do.

Hope this answers your question.

There is a theory that Sam shot Maxis, however why would Sam a six year old girl be carrying a pistol? Which if she was, where did it go? So no not Sam.

Regards Alpha.

It was Maxis who was shot. His life force (Soul) was absorbed by the MPD.

I believe it was Dr. Richtofen who silently entered the area with the black pyramid & proceeded to shoot Dr. Maxis in the back when he saw that he was influencing Sam to "To kill them all".

Dr. Richtofen was returning to the Griffin station after enacting operation shield (security protocol 935). This was after he teleported the Maxis family to the Moon.

Which he did just in time to see Sam taking he new orders from her father & returning to Aether within the black pyramid once again becoming the conduit.

At which point Dr. Groph says "We are all doomed", remember Dr. Groph has been studying what the Vril device was, so he may have an idea of what Sam can now do.

Hope this answers your question.

There is a theory that Sam shot Maxis, however why would Sam a six year old girl be carrying a pistol? Which if she was, where did it go? So no not Sam.

Regards Alpha.

Well, that's a good answer. :) No, the last theory doesn't really make sense to me either. The Operation Shield is the shield that is activated in the Der Riese radio message from the hanging man, right?

Here's some quotes to back up Alpha. Maxis is definately dead and trapped in Aether.

Maxis is dead, but in the Aether.

Samantha

"Why did Daddy have to die?” - upgrade_wait_1

“TAKE ME TO MY FATHER" - boxmove

“Daddy, is that you?” - powerup_a????es__plr2 (negative(red) powerup)

“Daddy, make him stop!” - quest_step_7

Who shoots him is still unknown. The theory that Richtofen was the shooter is about the best theory I've heard. I've also contemplated if it was just a member of security that shoots him after Maxis tells her to kill them all. But I think it's just one of those things we'll never know for sure.

Anywho, this just BEGS the question of what exactly the Aether is. Samantha and Maxis were both in the Aether together, yet could not find one another? Samantha found Gersch, so I'm sure she could find her own father. So where and what exactly is Aether?

I've just finsihed The Coming Race, and boy does it get me wondering...

Here's some quotes to back up Alpha. Maxis is definately dead and trapped in Aether.

Maxis is dead, but in the Aether.

Samantha

"Why did Daddy have to die?” - upgrade_wait_1

“TAKE ME TO MY FATHER" - boxmove

“Daddy, is that you?” - powerup_a????es__plr2 (negative(red) powerup)

“Daddy, make him stop!” - quest_step_7

Who shoots him is still unknown. The theory that Richtofen was the shooter is about the best theory I've heard. I've also contemplated if it was just a member of security that shoots him after Maxis tells her to kill them all. But I think it's just one of those things we'll never know for sure.

Anywho, this just BEGS the question of what exactly the Aether is. Samantha and Maxis were both in the Aether together, yet could not find one another? Samantha found Gersch, so I'm sure she could find her own father. So where and what exactly is Aether?

I've just finsihed The Coming Race, and boy does it get me wondering...

Oh yeah i forgot about those quotes. :? Well then Dr. Maxis is definitely dead.

cNcCedQNaFE

Around 11:40 you can hear the following: "I'll destroy you for what you have done to daddy".

That for me is proof 100% that Richtofen is the shooter.

Regards Alpha.

Can't believe I forgot that quote Alpha! She most definately does say that after the Easter Egg.

I fully agree. Richtofen shot Maxis.

cNcCedQNaFE

Around 11:40 you can hear the following: "I'll destroy you for what you have done to daddy".

Regards Alpha.

Can't believe I forgot that quote Alpha! She most definately does say that after the Easter Egg.

I fully agree. Richtofen shot Maxis.

Yep im convinced now too...

My one issue. The beginning of Kino. "Where did the little girl get off to?" or whatever he says. Richtofen acts like he doesn't know of the events that transpired at Moon. He left to get everything complete while they finished preparing the machine.

Things are a bit strange when it comes to Kino. One of his in game quotes from Kino when getting a power up "A gift from Sam, but why?" indicates he is aware of Sam being in the pyramid and contradicting the opening cutscene.

It's always possible they traveled to Kink sometime after Sam ran in the pyramid, but before Groph contacted Richtofen. We have no dates to go along with either radio, so we can't know for sure.

My one issue. The beginning of Kino. "Where did the little girl get off to?" or whatever he says. Richtofen acts like he doesn't know of the events that transpired at Moon. He left to get everything complete while they finished preparing the machine.

Read this thread. A couple of people have given a couple of different answers. Here's my answer.

viewtopic.php?f=53&p=209703

C: Richtofen was playing dumb.

D: Richtofen forgot.

E: Treyarch didn't want to reveal that information so early on.

I'm going with a combination of A and E, with a little bit of C. Because I'm sure they had some idea on what Samantha's situation was, but hadn't planned it out fully (ie; Moon and it's radios) at that time. Treyarch not wanting to reveal it at that point, just had him say that. Although he says it in a surprised tone (he'd just discovered the MDT could time-travel, and another of 935's bases), it's possible he could've been playing dumb as to not arise suspicion to others.

But yeah, I think they hadn't figured it out fully, but didn't want to reveal what information they had at that time.

cNcCedQNaFE

Regards Alpha.

Kind of a shocker, but I have to disagree with you Alpha! :o

She may be referring any number of things. She doesn't specifically say it was that situation, but that's not what I'm disagreeing about.

My interpretation of that quote was that she was referring to EVERYTHING Edward had done to Maxis.

This includes, but is not limited to; backstabbing Maxis and teleporting him, working behind his back on Griffin Station, and deleting him from the Moon computer.

Edward has done so many things to Ludvig that it's not funny. Like I said, I think she is referring to everything he has done to him, not just one of them.

True but I think her other Moon quotes cover all the other things Richtofen did to Maxis, like lying to Maxis since she was a little girl.

In my mind this all came to a head when Richtofen shot Maxis infront of Sam.

I'm not saying that that quote is only tied to Richtofen Shooting Maxis but everything else as well, like locking them in the lab with Hellhound Fluffy.

We also know that Richtofen was experimenting on Sam with the Teddy & Mr. Monkey both of which are creations of Dr. Richtofen, the experiment involved placing Element 115 fragments within the stuffed toys which he then gave to Samantha.

So would she also now know that Richtofen did this to her?

I agree Rissole25 that the quote is not limited to Richtofen shooting Maxis, but I do believe it is partly responsible for it.

Also a note on the Kino introduction, Richtofen loves to act as if he knows nothing about what is happening, now that could be down to 115 usage, however I believe this is just another example of Richtofen playing dumb as others have mentioned. If you know Richtofen's quotes from across the many maps he does this quite often. (He reminds me of the boy who cried wolf).

Regards Alpha.

• Administrators

Just food for thought here, this is a theory I have always kinda liked and kept in the back of my mind.

Dr. Maxis: Samantha. Honey? Daddy is here. Come dear, please. Open the machine. Daddy will not let them hurt you anymore. Honey? Daddy knows he’s made some mistakes, I am truly sorry that you were put through so much. When your mother died I could not bear the thought of losing you too, that’s why I kept you so close. I did not mean to neglect you, I just wanted to know you were safe from harm-

*Sam opens the pyramid & a girl crying is heard crying.*

Samantha Maxis: Daddy!

Dr. Maxis: I love you, Samantha.

Samantha Maxis: I love you too Daddy.

Dr. Maxis: Can you do something for me? Something very important.

Samantha Maxis: Yes.

Dr. Maxis: Kill them... all.

*A gunshot is heard and something falls to the ground*

Dr. Maxis: No!

*Gas hisses*

Samantha Maxis: (Demonic Laughter) Hahahaha

Dr Groph: We are doomed.

So Maxis gets Samantha to open the machine after apologizing to her, and when she opens it she is crying. After that, Maxis says to kill them all, and a gunshot is heard. What if, and just hear me out, it is actually someone shooting at Samantha since the pyramid isn't closed yet. They shoot at her, causing Maxis to yell no, and Sam laughs triumphantly. Dr. Groph then says that "We are doomed" because they couldn't stop Sam.

Just food for thought here, this is a theory I have always kinda liked and kept in the back of my mind.

Dr. Maxis: Samantha. Honey? Daddy is here. Come dear, please. Open the machine. Daddy will not let them hurt you anymore. Honey? Daddy knows he’s made some mistakes, I am truly sorry that you were put through so much. When your mother died I could not bear the thought of losing you too, that’s why I kept you so close. I did not mean to neglect you, I just wanted to know you were safe from harm-

*Gas hisses*

So Maxis gets Samantha to open the machine after apologizing to her, and when she opens it she is crying. After that, Maxis says to kill them all, and a gunshot is heard. What if, and just hear me out, it is actually someone shooting at Samantha since the pyramid isn't closed yet. They shoot at her, causing Maxis to yell no, and Sam laughs triumphantly. Dr. Groph then says that "We are doomed" because they couldn't stop Sam.

Good theory. ;)

*Gas hisses*

holy crap never thought of that brains for you!

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

damn but maybe he shots her and she falls but gets back up laughing????

or does someone shoot her and Dr. maxis falls because his first reaction was his daughter just died that he couldnt bare to lose?????

Well we don't know if Maxis fell, for all we know the gun could have been the object that fell. However, Samantha has a quote about her father dying so I am thinking I may have to change my theory about who was shot.

Hmm Tac I like that theory that's really good thinking outside the box :) BUT, there are doubts in my mind on this idea.

Whenever I think about this sorta thing, I always think "If I were Treyarch, and I wanted the community to know this fact, what would I do?"

And in this case, I don't think Treyarch would illustrate someone shooting at Samantha that way, because they know we would think Maxis was shot.

Either way I don't have any other explanation so whatever ;)