4v4 co-op in Zombies confirmed

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was taken nowgamer.com and I don't know if it was posted already but I am just gonna drop this here

http://www.nowgamer.com/xbox-360/xbox-3 ... apore.html

THIS

''Zombies is now integral to multiplayer, with a four vs four mode in which two packs of survivors fight the undead and each other for points.'']

This makes me happy because

- my wish of a 4vs4 mode in zombies became true

- leads to more speculation whether we're getting a new zombie gang who fight with or along our classic gang.

Does this make my previous assumption right... wow.

I would love to see two teams of four divided on two sides of a map (Like verruckt before the power is turned on) have to race through hordes of zombies to complete multiple objectives. That's the sort of stuff I'd like to see with 4v4.

This would be an awesome idea for an easter egg if the teams were divided you would have to have one activate something one side which then allows the team on the other side to advance and activate something else etc... and maybe meet up at end of egg or summmat like that would be awesome

- leads to more speculation whether we're getting a new zombie gang who fight with or along our classic gang.

This will probably not even link into the storyline at all. It's just a fun game mode by the sounds of it.

Like I've said before; The story will be told through classic 4 player zombies, like in Black Ops and World at War.

This and all the other game modes will have nothing to do with the storyline. At most, the only story connection it has will be like Multiplayer, where it's self explanatory why these characters/teams are fighting one another in these locations, due to that CoD's storyline.

I also believe it'll just be random soldiers we play as, not anyone specific to the story.

This will probably not even link into the storyline at all. It's just a fun game mode by the sounds of it.

Like I've said before; The story will be told through classic 4 player zombies, like in Black Ops and World at War.

This and all the other game modes will have nothing to do with the storyline. At most, the only story connection it has will be like Multiplayer, where it's self explanatory why these characters/teams are fighting one another in these locations, due to that CoD's storyline.

I also believe it'll just be random soldiers we play as, not anyone specific to the story.

This is exactly what I was thinking. I think the "normal" mode will remain the 4p co-op we've come to know and love, and the vs. gametypes will be more casual, and won't feature the characters, probably generic soldier characters like you said. I dont think there will be 5-8p co-op either, cause that would just be too hectic, and I think they wouldve mentioned that along w/ 4v4 if it was so. Im starting to feel a little better about this 8p Zombies idea. Lets see how it turns out...

I'm thinking for the versus mode you'll be generic players. Maybe having team names like Group 935, Tacitus, GK etc...

The 4 player co-op maps will feature specific characters and advance the story line via easter eggs, and player banter.

About the rumored story mode. I'm thinking those will also be 4 player co-op maps. I just think they'll be objective based and set in all previous maps w/ cut scenes.

If "Story Mode" exists at all...

This all sounds amazing to me. I always wanted a more competitive edge to zombies. And I do assume that the characters will be generic soldiers for the 4v4 and what not, and if there making multiplayer integral to zombies, I'm pretty certain we'll be seeing some customization and stats/leaderboards. Being able to look at my stats completely makes it for me.

And on a side note, would someone please tell me where Treyarch has said that they will be making this like L4D? I've not seen a single employee of Treyarch state this. And am I mistaken in saying that since Treyarch reads these forums, and would see how much we wouldn't want a L4D style gamemode, that they would not include it in there? Complain all you want about your low expectations for this, I'm just excited for zombies to come back and am very curious to see what they do with these new additions.

And on a side note, would someone please tell me where Treyarch has said that they will be making this like L4D? I've not seen a single employee of Treyarch state this. And am I mistaken in saying that since Treyarch reads these forums, and would see how much we wouldn't want a L4D style gamemode, that they would not include it in there? Complain all you want about your low expectations for this, I'm just excited for zombies to come back and am very curious to see what they do with these new additions.

3ARC have never stated anything about L4D. Thats just what every body latched onto when more than 4 players and vs mode were announced. There is no real connection between the two. It is just the easy cop-out way to complain.

Personally I can't wait.