4v4 co-op in Zombies confirmed

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interesting if true. Weirdly, not yet mentioned on any other sites, but could just be these guys are ahead of the game here.

Could work, but I just don't want it turning into a Left For Dead style gamemode, no matter how good L4D is. I just don't see it working too well in CoD, but that's just IMO.

Nice find though!

Very interesting if true. Weirdly, not yet mentioned on any other sites, but could just be these guys are ahead of the game here.

Could work, but I just don't want it turning into a Left For Dead style gamemode, no matter how good L4D is. I just don't see it working too well in CoD, but that's just IMO.

Nice find though!

Thanks. I think they're just ahead of the game, cause they mentioned that this info came directly from Mark Lamia via a sneakpeak at BO2's E3 event. Speaking of which, could this mean we'll see some Zombies or get some Zombies info at E3? I sure hope so!

And I agree with you on the L4D point, I think player-controlled zombies just wouldn't work or feel right in CoD Zombies. However, I'm also skeptical about having 8 human players in a single Zombies game together. We'll just have to wait and see how it plays out...

Well, we'll definitely be getting Campaign at E3, and almost certainly some multiplayer of some sort. Zombies is a different matter - I doubt there'll be too much zombies info at E3, or even too much gameplay, but we should probably be getting a bit of new stuff.

The really big, new, cool stuff though could be kept back as a surprise for later. :cry:

The thing I'm really curious about is characters. Given how much customization Blops had, I'm willing to bet they are probably going to be average joes you get to create. Which would be cool, but I can't help but be curious if they will be actual characters as well.

I would love to see two teams of four divided on two sides of a map (Like verruckt before the power is turned on) have to race through hordes of zombies to complete multiple objectives. That's the sort of stuff I'd like to see with 4v4.

I would love for this to happen, it adds more competition to zombies

I never asked for this.

Still not too excited though. I really wonder who they were trying to appeal to. \

Also, the article said "4v4 zombie mode which may hint at two teams fighting each other."

Ya don't say?

Yeah, to be frank I feel like they should be keeping the old Zombies formula with 4-player co-op. The vs. gametypes sound like they're not gonna have the traditional Zombies feel of isolation and dependency on your teammates. (see my thread "Fattening up Zombies")

I don't like the sound of this AT ALL. No matter how many different ways I interpret this, no matter how many different angles I take on this, every fabricated scenario comes out as complete shit!!

This can mean so many different things because of how vague it is. What does 4v4 mean? Does it mean 4 humans vs 4 human controlled zombies?

Does it mean two seperate teams of two being separated like in verruckt but instead will never meet because they're competing against each other?

Either way, this is stupid. The whole aspect of zombies is to work as a team to survive the longest, not compete with one another for points or mission objectives. I was fine with the idea of a multiplayer engine being included until I came upon this blasphemy.

Way to keep an open mind guys... :facepalm:

I tried, but couldn't find a way this could turn out good, and "don't play it" isn't going to be enough. It will still exist, and time spent on doing that could've been time spent on the actual Zombies. I'm remaining pessimistic about this. Again, I need to see it, and I'll by golly give it a chance, but I won't look forward to it.

I'm remaining pessimistic about this. Again, I need to see it, and I'll by golly give it a chance, but I won't look forward to it.

Do you see how self defeating this attitude is? It seems you have already passed judgement. No matter how good the new game modes are you already have it in your mind that you won't like them so what's the point in even trying it?

I'm not sure what the complaints are about.

Traditional 4 player Zombies has been confirmed to return. It's one of many different game modes in Black Ops II Zombies. If you don't want to play 4v4 zombies, then don't. The original mode is still there, they are just adding more to cater for a larger audience.

This was taken nowgamer.com and I don't know if it was posted already but I am just gonna drop this here

http://www.nowgamer.com/xbox-360/xbox-3 ... apore.html

THIS

''Zombies is now integral to multiplayer, with a four vs four mode in which two packs of survivors fight the undead and each other for points.'']

This makes me happy because

- my wish of a 4vs4 mode in zombies became true

- leads to more speculation whether we're getting a new zombie gang who fight with or along our classic gang.

All very interesting, and am sorta looking forward to how Treyarch pulll this off. There's no point judging at this point in time, simply because we have no idea what it's gonna be like.

I mean, there were people who, when everyone first learned about how zombies had been added to WaW, were like "Oh, this is gonna suck, I mean it's got nothing to do with CoD".

Look how that turned out ;)

This is really starting to sound more like Left 4 dead the more i read it... this is possibly the best interpretation i get reading how they say it is... it sounds like left 4 dead versus mode which is human vs zombies, and frankly this isn't left 4 dead its Call of duty Zombies. If it becomes more of a 4v4 against a horde of zombies it starts to sound more like Raccoon City which we definitely do no want to happen to this game, but then again they also said that this is an option of zombie game mode you can play and you can still pick "Classic Zombie Survival" mode so depending on how it turns out you'll see me only touching the classic mode...

I think this is an amzing idea... and it does make sense. if a zombie apocalipse DID happen then we would have lots of groups of people completeing for survival... which means killing eachother. I think in a 4v4 mode, the two teams should be competeing for perk machines and the PAP machine as well as weapons, just to shake things up a bit. I dont know how 3arc would do this, but its just an idea to build up on...

This was taken nowgamer.com and I don't know if it was posted already but I am just gonna drop this here

http://www.nowgamer.com/xbox-360/xbox-3 ... apore.html

THIS

''Zombies is now integral to multiplayer, with a four vs four mode in which two packs of survivors fight the undead and each other for points.'']

This makes me happy because

- my wish of a 4vs4 mode in zombies became true

- leads to more speculation whether we're getting a new zombie gang who fight with or along our classic gang.

Hmm, that's probably the best case scenario, but I'll see if it takes anything away.

I'm remaining pessimistic about this. Again, I need to see it, and I'll by golly give it a chance, but I won't look forward to it.

Do you see how self defeating this attitude is? It seems you have already passed judgement. No matter how good the new game modes are you already have it in your mind that you won't like them so what's the point in even trying it?

I understand what you are saying, and I admit I'm being a little childish. I guess my main problem is not with the mode itself, I'm just worrying it might take away from traditional too much. I'm worried they might've focused on this more, unless this is something big with the story.

I understand what you are saying, and I admit I'm being a little childish. I guess my main problem is not with the mode itself, I'm just worrying it might take away from traditional too much. I'm worried they might've focused on this more, unless this is something big with the story.

just remember they said they are gonna include a classic zombie mode which is the one we all know and love so if you end up not liking it you can always go back to the classic mode :)