Killstreaks attacking other Killstreaks

Zaptn.

This is something i've always wanted in CoD, Killstreaks attacking other killstreaks. Obviously for this to work Treyarch would have to increase the amount of vehicles aloud in the air at once, so i say each team should be aloud 3 in the air at a time.

A team can't have 2+ of the same killstreak in the air - so the team couldn't have Attack Heli, Attack Heli and AC-130, however if a friendly has a attack helicopter, an enemy can also have one. So the only way of two of the same killstreak being in the air at once is if they are on opposing sides.

In my 'Vehicles in BO2' thread I listed some Vehicle perks, those won't just apply for map vehicles, they will apply for air killstreaks, here they are:

Water cooler [Decreased turret overheat] (Default)

Hard Exterior [Vehicle is immune to Napalm and Motars)

Safe landing [Ability parachute out of the vehicle if under attack, however can still be killed by the explosion of the vehicle if close enough. (Lvl 25)

Bullet proof structure [immune to bullets] (lvl 10)

Heat seaker [Ability to lock on to other enemy air support/vehicles] [lvl 45]

Aerodynamic [Faster movement, ability to evade enemy missiles if no flares left] [lvl 35]

Flares x2 [1 extra flare] [lvl 50

So, If A friendly and enemy attack Heli were in the air, if the friendly was using 'Bullet proof structure' there chopper would be immune to the enemy heli's turret fire, thus making the friendly chopper a stronger one. Killstreaks lower than other killstreaks can still win fights depending on the perks they are using.

Now, onto the player controlled killstreaks. If a Friendly osprey gunner was in the air, and an Enemy attack Heli, the attack Heli would try to take down the osprey, but since the osprey is player controlled the player can either ignore the chopper or just carry on shooting infantry. Two player controlled killstreaks can fight aswell, think of how fun it would be- being in a gunship attacking an enemy gunship :lol:

If the friendly team had an Attack Helicopter in the air, and the enemy had attack heli, overwatch and osprey, the friendly chopper would try to attack the osprey first because it is a higher killstreak. Vehicles that can shoot rockets can use them in fights.

Lets say an Attack Helicopter has 1000 Health

And an AH-6 Overwatch had 1500 Health

Despite the Vehicle perks, that piece of info dosen't tell you that the Overwatch would win a fight. Cobra's/Hinds have rockets and i don't think AH-6's do, so if one rocket dealt 300 Damage, and a bullet from the turret only did 100, i think the Attack heli could win if it used its rockets properly.

Killstreaks like Motars, Napalm, precision airstrikes, stealth bombers can kill enemy air support if there bomb/whatever they drop lands on them.

Also, If a chopper is supposed to be in the air for 60 sec, the time it spends attacking other vehicles dosen't count towards that 60 seconds, so if your heli when it was called in spent 30 seconds destroying an enemy AH-6, providing the Enemy didn't call anything in/destroy your chopper - in total your chopper would be up for 1.30 minutes. (90 seconds)

If anything this is far from balanced and detailed, but i just came up with it when i was in a gunship on BO :lol:

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This would be pretty cool, and also add a bit of realism to CoD - after all, you're not exactly going to see a friendly heli and an enemy heli flying next to each other and ignoring each other in real life.

Would need a lot of work to get this balanced etc, but still a really neat idea.

[brains] for you

Yeah, harriers have got to be the best 7-killstreak ever. If they did do this though, they would have to keep it as balanced as possible, not that that's particularly possible seeing as much of the CoD community constantly just whine about how everything is broken and nooby. :x

Isn't this technically already there? Preds can shoot down choppers/Ah-6/etc. An AC-130 can shoot down cobras and AH-6. And Reapers can also shoot down enemy air support...

I think also the main reason for not having 2 ospreys shooting at each other is because this is, essentially, a Call of Duty game. Not a game where you fly around shooting at each other in jets. Again this might just be because I'm a baby to CoD but I feel like they have it fine.

Isn't this technically already there? Preds can shoot down choppers/Ah-6/etc. An AC-130 can shoot down cobras and AH-6. And Reapers can also shoot down enemy air support...

I think also the main reason for not having 2 ospreys shooting at each other is because this is, essentially, a Call of Duty game. Not a game where you fly around shooting at each other in jets. Again this might just be because I'm a baby to CoD but I feel like they have it fine.

I think it's more about why the uncontrollable ones (eg Cobras, AH-6) don't do anything to enemy aircraft. And to be honest, most people who play CoD will use their killstreaks to get more kills, instead of shoot other stuff down.