New Idea?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Okay. So I had this idea. Call of the Dead is supposed to be set in the future, right? Well, how is that possible, if the Earth was blown up in the past? I know it's not very elaborated or well thought out, but I want to know your thoughts and opinions on it.

Call of the Dead takes place on March 17, 2011. That year is an assumption based on the characters and their age. In my opinion, Shangri-La and Moon happen after that Call of the Dead, and Moon comes in on 2012 and fulfills the Mayan prophecy. Some disagree with that and think that because of the outifts on No Man's Land, it has to be happening in the 60's. Even if that was true, the prime rule of time-travel is that everytime to time-travel, you go into a new reality and the previous one's you were in become unaffected by your future choices. Therefore, even if Moon is before CoTD, CoTD would not be effected because they are in a new timeline. I hope that makes sense.

Alright, so your post is interesting. It all seems to be a time paradox. Moon takes place in the past.. Richtoven destroys the Earth. However, in order to do so, he requires the Golden Rod, which is obtained through the Call of the Dead easter egg (which takes place in the FUTURE: as the playable characters are modern actors). So really, he can't destroy the Earth if his plan is successful.. if that makes sense to you. According to the series of major easter eggs in each map pack, the moon easter egg takes place in the past. How did Richtofen get his hands on the Golden Rod in the future if he needs it in the past?

Also, the moon seems to be a key in several maps. In Der Riese there is an eclipse. As well as in Shangri La after activating it. Verruckt takes place during the day, as well as Kino. :idea:

• Administrators

Alright, so your post is interesting. It all seems to be a time paradox. Moon takes place in the past.. Richtoven destroys the Earth. However, in order to do so, he requires the Golden Rod, which is obtained through the Call of the Dead easter egg (which takes place in the FUTURE: as the playable characters are modern actors). So really, he can't destroy the Earth if his plan is successful.. if that makes sense to you. According to the series of major easter eggs in each map pack, the moon easter egg takes place in the past. How did Richtofen get his hands on the Golden Rod in the future if he needs it in the past?

Also, the moon seems to be a key in several maps. In Der Riese there is an eclipse. As well as in Shangri La after activating it. Verruckt takes place during the day, as well as Kino. :idea:

Read my post above, it should explain most of what you are asking. It is possible to destroy the Earth either because

A.) New reality from time-travel

B.) There was no time-travel and it occurs after Call of the Dead

• Administrators

Richtofen is the one who destroys the Earth. It's called "Richtofen's Grand Scheme" as the title of the achievement.... :P hahaha.

Actually Richtofen's Grand Scheme is to get into the pyramid and control the Zombies, Maxis is the one who sets off the rockets as a way to help stop Richtofen.

"Greetings. If you are receiving this message, it means that Richtofen has entered the device. If you free me, I will help you minimize the damage that he will inevitably cause."

That is what Maxis says right after Richtofen and Sam switch bodies. So the characters go through the steps and make it so that Maxis launches the nukes at the Earth.

It is said that with time travel, you enter a new dimension. But, what about the Shangri-la easter egg? You would travel to the past, then back to the future, to what seems to be the same time as you start, with minor changes (radios and meteors, etc.). Not to disagree with Tactical, it just seems that time travel within zombies is still within its own dimension. Just saying.

• Administrators

It is said that with time travel, you enter a new dimension. But, what about the Shangri-la easter egg? You would travel to the past, then back to the future, to what seems to be the same time as you start, with minor changes (radios and meteors, etc.). Not to disagree with Tactical, it just seems that time travel within zombies is still within its own dimension. Just saying.

I definitely see where you are coming from, but first and foremost it is impossible to travel back in time. That is why that Easter Egg is so messed up, because it turns into the Grandfather Paradox where we went back in time to save the Brock and Gary, thus saving them from death. That means that in the future, we wouldn't have gone back to the past to save them because they had lived, which means they would still be dead because we didn't go back. I hope that made sense, but you can google the paradox, it all is just one big contradiction with that Easter Egg because you aren't supposed to be able to go back in time.

I understand the paradox, it's actually not the most confusing thing I've read over the last 2 weeks actually. :lol: You have a very good point there Tac, I just wish 3arc would come out and say everything about the storyline so we wouldn't have to worry about it

If they did that, CoDz would be a MUCH less interesting place!

Like Mac said, WE WRITE THIS STORY!