Infinity Wards new trilogy.

I've enjoyed the MW series, but since BO2 is going to be in the future i feel if they made a MW4 then we would have 3 games in a row of roughly modern warfare.

So i think they should go back to the past, i made a thread about this ages ago and i'd like to bring the subject up again.

The only past games we've had is WaW and BO (Excluding CoD3-)

and i think it'd be nice to get a trilogy of games in the past.

They would be set in WW1 and WW2. I think it would be great because WaW would be an amazing game with all the pro perks, pointstreaks and such and I'd like to see a game in the past with them. I hope IW don't make MW4 because i would just be bored of the modern-ness.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think IW can make another MW, simply because they have made three already. Yet there is a rather large number of people who prefer the Modern Warfare games over the historical/past games, which I actually feel have better campaigns because of the whole background to when they're set, but that's just my view.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

There is still plenty they could do that would be fresh in the WW era. I've said it a dozen times, and I'll say it a dozen more, Modern is wearing very thin. ALL of the "best shooters" out right now are all basically the same era, different game. I really wanna see them cover a WaW II with Valkurie operations. And, have the limbs actually explode off the person again. WaW was easily the most realistic of them all.

Call of Duty news a new engine and a campaign that lasts only 5 hours.

MW3 was fun but a linear experience it provides gets old after a couple of hours. They look to add more gameplay mechanics. Medal Of Honor: Warfighter had great driving in it's chase sequences. Point and shoot it's pretty mindless and dull after you over use it. They could try having an open approach to their linear campaign and gameplay.

Far Cry 3 is a great example. It's a first person-shooter but yet it has multiple layers that add into the experience. I huge open environment to play in.

I know Call of Duty wouldn't be the same with an open world but they could maybe attempt at making their levels more approachable. I like having the option to attempt an assault on a enemy squad my own way not through a linear corridor that has a set outcome.

I know, wishful thinking. The Modern Warfare series is running dry on innovations, even with their Spec-Ops and Horde mode.

• 2 weeks later...

There is still plenty they could do that would be fresh in the WW era. I've said it a dozen times, and I'll say it a dozen more, Modern is wearing very thin. ALL of the "best shooters" out right now are all basically the same era, different game. I really wanna see them cover a WaW II with Valkurie operations. And, have the limbs actually explode off the person again. WaW was easily the most realistic of them all.

WaW is my favourite cod basically because its different from the rest, I like MW3 and probably would enjoy MW4 aswell but i think a game in the WW era would attract alot more people since MW3 was a letdown for quite a lot of people.

It might go the way of the Halo Trilogy and create a series of games set as side-stories and prologues to the Modern Warfare series. I know a game titled "Modern Warfare: Ghost" was rumored to be in production a while ago, which was told to chronicle the story of Ghost in Modern Warfare 2.

To be honest if they made it a unique and updated experience similar to the way Bungie handled Halo: ODST, I would love to purchase a game like that while waiting for the next edition of Black Ops.

• 1 month later...

I'm quite interested to see what direction IW takes for their next CoD. I always liked MW's, my favorite CoD's were Modern Warfare 1 and 2, at least for Multiplayer and Campaign (but Zombies always beats Spec Ops). I haven't heard of even an announcement of what the next game will be, since I'm sure it'll come out in November as usual. I only say this because BO2 was announced the day after MW3 came out last year. But nevertheless, I am very interestd to see the direction they take with their next installment.