This Just Has To Happen!

please take some time and watch these 2 videos, everyone is talking about this idea and 99% of people want to see this happen.

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1ijNfufp3s

2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxJkMlqYrys

the first video has a very annoying voice over but just bare with it and take the info from the video

the second video will make you understand the gaming experience this would bring if we are successful as a community at bringing this map to life.

lets push this idea so we can see this eventually enter the game for black ops 2.

please feel free to contact treyarch and let me know of your interest, lets make this the first map we demand as a community!

please leave your feedback on the idea with things you feel would work and things you feel wouldn't work with this idea. thanks.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is probably exactly what they had in mind when they were planning the Paris map. If you didn't know, what became Moon was originally going to be the Paris map, as proven at CoDXP when the map's codename was revealed to have been "paris". I hope they follow through with this idea, cause it would make such a great map.

If they use this it would be a perfect response by Treyarch to those of us who want the creepy, dark feeling back in Zombies :P However i think that if we have the normal crew throwing out cheesy one-liners the whole time then it would kinda kill the mood

My opinion is that they should DEFINITELY use this but give us a more serious, scared crew. Something comparable to the Marines at verruckt or possibly a new crew of civilians?

Just My two cents.

I feel like those catacombs would be too Shangri-La-esque. Catacombs are VERY narrow passageways that don't allow for much elbow room room. The idea is fun and exciting and dramatic but unrealistic- However evidence does point to the Paris map, so I delightfully await for that =]

Is it coincidence that there are arrows on the ground and hastily drawn messages on the wall?

What creeps me out the most is that there is a Z with an arrow pointing to the left on the walls.

It's at 1:26 in the video.

Yeah I saw that, which totally made me crap my pants with a mixture of excitement and fear....

yes it was a very high standard. i am a sound engineer/technician myself so i understand the amount of work that went into the moon map. i still get goose bumps when i hear the reverberation in the dome, AMAZING.

but back to the topic, for this map idea to be a huge success the audio has to literally shit you up, i mean walk round a corner and WARGHHHHHH.

That seems like an interesting idea, but someone earlier said it for me: The catacombs are really just too narrow for zombies. You need a hallway with enough room to get around a zombie or 2 at least. But the pros are obvious, I REALLY like that super creepy feel. The bones and everything, it's very freaky. The last time I felt that way was on the original world at war maps, ESPECIALLY Der Riese. A massive amount of the zombie storyline that exists today was revealed in Der Riese. I got it the day it came out, it was late at night when I played it, the zombies were scary, the radios were freakin me out....it was a riveting experience. I would really like to see one of those maps that is dark, gloomy, has a lot of secrets and scary stuff hidden within it...let's get back to that point where zombies is scary again. In black ops, I kinda got the feeling of like "yeah man let's go kick some zombie ass" especially shangri-la. It was daytime, they didn't scare you really. It was just time to slay some zombies. I want to have a map where it's scary. I want to feel scared again, as funny as that sounds.

I actually recall watching this special on TV, and when I heard that Treyarch was making a Paris map, I literally thought of this :D

EDIT: From what I remember, by the end, the explorers were forced to stop at a pile of bones that appeared to never end. It just filled the whole cave and they couldn't go further. And the comment the explorer said was very chilling: something across the lines of "Being the gateway to Hell". It would be really epic if it was the gateway to Aether? I think that would be shockingly awesome 8-)

• 3 weeks later...

That is crazy. Honestly, my speakers are messed so I didn't have sound to hear you. Can't really say I can remember your voice. Stupid ALI-A is all I can remember. :D But yeah, your name is clear as day, and I used to be a real follower. Not saying something you did something. I just found this community and realized there was hundreds of people with the intel you possess, this community.