The "Wunder-ful" Wunder-Weapon Discussion!

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The waffe has NEVER killed 24 zombies! I dont even know how people think that. Go upgrade it right now on waw and hoard all zombies it will only kill ten.

Yeah, 24 zombies is the maximum amount that can be on the map at once, at least in WaW, not sure about BO.

Well since this game is supposed to have a riot shield, I would love to see one that when you bash emits kind of a pulse that acts like the thundergun. It can be less powerful but have unlimited ammo unless you let the zombies get to close a break it.

Source?

Here's my idea for a wonder weapon. It's called the Aging Gun. You fire it at zombies and it releases a wave of energy, which causes the zombies to quickly grow old and wrinkly, hunch over, gradually move slower and get older, and eventually turn to dust and die. Upgraded it would do the same except backwards: it would make the zombies shrink into children, then into babies and start crawling, and eventually turn into zygotes and shrink so tiny until they virtually pop out of existence. The zombies would also become weaker both offensively and defensively as the transformation takes place for both versions of the gun, though the upgraded version would slightly magnify this to make it "better" than the normal version.

The leaked ingame screen shot of the game. Its shows the proper HUD and an armored riot shield with a prompt to pick it up.

The waffe has NEVER killed 24 zombies! I dont even know how people think that. Go upgrade it right now on waw and hoard all zombies it will only kill ten.

Yeah, 24 zombies is the maximum amount that can be on the map at once, at least in WaW, not sure about BO.

Well since this game is supposed to have a riot shield, I would love to see one that when you bash emits kind of a pulse that acts like the thundergun. It can be less powerful but have unlimited ammo unless you let the zombies get to close a break it.

Source?

Here's my idea for a wonder weapon. It's called the Aging Gun. You fire it at zombies and it releases a wave of energy, which causes the zombies to quickly grow old and wrinkly, hunch over, gradually move slower and get older, and eventually turn to dust and die. Upgraded it would do the same except backwards: it would make the zombies shrink into children, then into babies and start crawling, and eventually turn into zygotes and shrink so tiny until they virtually pop out of existence. The zombies would also become weaker both offensively and defensively as the transformation takes place for both versions of the gun, though the upgraded version would slightly magnify this to make it "better" than the normal version.

The leaked ingame screen shot of the game. Its shows the proper HUD and an armored riot shield with a prompt to pick it up.

There's also an interview with Lamia with Gametrailers I believe (I forget who specifically) where they were showing developers working on the game and there was a brief part of the video where it zoomed in on a guy working on how the fingers were placed when holding a riot shield or shield like object.

I think that we should be able to use Takeo's katana, or get it out of the box. Imagine pack-a-punching that! It could be a one-slash/stab/swing kill to round 15 or 20. A wonder weapon in itself.

The pack-a-punched version would be a more powerful katana, but it could seperate into two dagger-like swords (sort of like the ballistic knives). These could be one stab kills until 35 or so, and have a quicker melee time.

My wunder weapon Idea would be a regular gun mixed with a wunder weapons so when you run out of wunder weapon ammo then you can switch back to the regular gun attached to it. Wunder weapon Ideas, Water shooting (pressurized Water forced onto the zombie send them flying back) or QED Wunder weapon, Plasma Rifle (Blasts a Beam of light, forcing anything in its path to be Obliterated) More Ideas coming!

How about something like the gerch device but instead when it hits the ground it will shoot 6 flames that completely circle it in a firey circle going round clock wise and maybe a tac gren that explodes as you throw it but it just keeps going then bangs once it hits the floor.

Ah screw it. I just want a molotov.

How about a flair gun/incidiary grenade that explodes flames on contact damaging/killing all in it's radius, but it would also leave fire on the ground like a Napalm zombie, making a kind of deployable trap...

Also what about a spear-gun that could impale multiple (10+) zombies as long as they were in a straight line. It could stick the last zombie to the wall, it could also be electrified.

Single shot, laser accurate gun with potential to kill zombies with 1 headshot. Weak body damage though, only the accurate are rewarded.

And please, I asked for it before every map pack in BO, just bring back the flamethrower. I remember amassing over 100,000 points one game while watching a window on Der Riese. Please bring it back, every window watcher loves it.

Wunderwaffe DG-4 ZZ.

All I'm gonna say.

Ya kidding me? Thats ALL you have to say!

Single shot, laser accurate gun with potential to kill zombies with 1 headshot. Weak body damage though, only the accurate are rewarded.

And please, I asked for it before every map pack in BO, just bring back the flamethrower. I remember amassing over 100,000 points one game while watching a window on Der Riese. Please bring it back, every window watcher loves it.

The flamethrower truly was a marvel for window posts. I loved it upgraded! It was the best thing that ever happened to ammo saving!!

I like the idea of accurate being rewarded, but zombies run and dodge, jerk and dive, and players get hit and their aim gets thrown off. A zombie is getting near you and its do or die with the one wunderweapon shot and you miss the head and hit the body- zombie lives- you get downed- swear at game and vow to never pick up that gun again. I just dont think theres enough support for such a gun with that much liability :/

My idea is simple a Sub-Machine gun called the "Firebird" that shoots incinery rounds when you pack-a-punch it it becomes the "Phenox" and the rounds also explode

That sounds like some heated entertainment ;)

Pulse Rifle - has about same ammunition as the wunderwaffe DG-2 it would be like the thunder gun but with more of a electrifying shock wave that would disintegrate zombies and any zombie that wasn't in range but nearby the ones that were would get affected by it as if it were shot by the DG-2.

Plasma gun - has an ammunition similar to the flame thrower recharging when depleted but runs out very quick unless upgraded it will deplete slower. It will shoot out a long plasma beam (similar to what the proton weapon in the movie ghost busters) but has a limit to how far it reaches and if it were possible when a zombie is hit by it it gives them a reddish glow before disintegrating.

Fluency ray - shoots a harmless shock wave that sends zombies in a frenzie and causes the ones that got hit by the wave to start attacking each other, only downside to this weapon is its shot amount of ammo and another problem would be that if you shoot it twice at the same zombies that were hit by it they would only go after the person who shot them.

these are just some of the ideas at the top of my head right now but i'm really liking some of the ideas the rest of you guys are putting hope someone from treyach is sneaking up on this and takes some of them!

I would like to see something more reasourceful in a wonder weapon like this guns.

- The "wonder toy"

- Element custom

- shot rate custom

- shot type custom

This weapon when you first get it will be weak, but it will upgrade itself with zombie kills. Each time you kill a zombie with the gun it will give you a little exp for it, and will progress the more you use it. You would also be able to pick up items for the gun such as, broken gun parts around the map. Imagine this ppsh gun barrel, AUG sight, spaz 12 body, m4a1 butt, and a M60 mag. This gun can be pack a punched 4 times but you must reach a certain gun level first. like once you first get the gun you would have to reach level 10 exp before you could pack a punch, the second time it would be level 26 exp, third pap 56 exp and 4th pap 99 exp. And each time you would pack a punch the weapon all the parts and attachments would be lost. But if you do pack a punch it gives you,

-1st pap- duel mags and more attachments, like a rocket laucher attachment or be able to hold two mags like a sniper mag and an m60 mag

-2nd pap- akimbo

-3rd pap- customization over akimbo weapon

-4th pap- joiner, would be able to join the akimbo weapons, like the wave gun, for something special. please tell me what you guys think of this weapon. ;)

I would like to see a machine similar to the pack a punch machine, but with a twist. I've always entertained a way to combine weapons. The machine would have 3 slots instead of 1. A left slot for the first weapon, a right slot for the second, and a large slot in the bottom which dispenses your combined weapon. Put your first weapon in the left slot (Let's say a ray gun.) Put your second weapon in the right slot (HK21 perhaps.) The machine would combine them, and out of the bottom slot would come your "Porters Hk115". It would shoot like a HK21 on double tap, but it would fire blue ray gun shots. (I just though blue would be a nice touch over red/green. :D I don't know guys, just a thought. I'll photoshop a picture of what I mean and post it tonight. :)

I would like to see a machine similar to the pack a punch machine, but with a twist. I've always entertained a way to combine weapons. The machine would have 3 slots instead of 1. A left slot for the first weapon, a right slot for the second, and a large slot in the bottom which dispenses your combined weapon. Put your first weapon in the left slot (Let's say a ray gun.) Put your second weapon in the right slot (HK21 perhaps.) The machine would combine them, and out of the bottom slot would come your "Porters Hk115". It would shoot like a HK21 on double tap, but it would fire blue ray gun shots. (I just though blue would be a nice touch over red/green. :D I don't know guys, just a thought. I'll photoshop a picture of what I mean and post it tonight. :)

I know exactly what you mean - sorta "fuse" two guns together to make a gun that has both their characterstics combined into one. Would love this!

Oh, and by the way, I would also love the ray gun to shoot blue rays, I can imagine it looking absolutely awesome!. Or having it shooting black rays could be cool as well, just a bit bored of the green and the red.

On that note, I think it would be nice for PaP bullets to be color coded in respect to the character's color.

For example: All of Nikolai's PaP bullets would be blue, since his point score was traditionally blue.

I think this would be neat in the sense that you would immediately be able to tell who is shooting at what if need be. Just thought it would be a nice feature to have.

This is what I have come up with. It's nothing much, but it gives a general idea. It's essentually a "Modded Pack-A-Punch machine".

-It would be taller for the 2 added slots

-Colors wouldn't have to be exactly what I have, I just tried to keep the vintage look and add the modern twist. I stopped where I am because my idea well ran dry LOL.

- "Fuse two" is just a name I threw on it. Corny I know, but the idea is there.

Somebody said something about a melee weapon as a wonder weapon, I really liked that idea. Immediately made me think of the gravity hammer from Halo Reach, something like that would be so cool. Obviously splash damage would play a role, but a high powered melee weapon like that would be sweet, up close and personal you know?

Combining guns could generate 100's of new guns!! I've always thought that's be a pretty sweet idea. It'd be Treyarchs way of introducing COMPLETELY new guns without having to be historically accurate ;)

But there'd be a way to simply upgrade guns too, correct? Because I assume that when you combine some guns, their product may not be awesome. Like if you wanted to go upgrade/combine because your Wunderwaffe is out of ammo and your other gun is a pistol, by fusing those two guns the new product might not be as strong as say the Wunderwaffe because the pistol dumbed it down. Just like any upgraded gun, some fusions may not necessarily be as 'adequate' as others. But I really like this. WUNDERWAFFE + Ray gun FTW

I would like to see something more reasourceful in a wonder weapon like this guns.

- The "wonder toy"

- Element custom

- shot rate custom

- shot type custom

This weapon when you first get it will be weak, but it will upgrade itself with zombie kills. Each time you kill a zombie with the gun it will give you a little exp for it, and will progress the more you use it. You would also be able to pick up items for the gun such as, broken gun parts around the map.

And each time you would pack a punch the weapon all the parts and attachments would be lost. But if you do pack a punch it gives you,

-1st pap- duel mags and more attachments, like a rocket laucher attachment or be able to hold two mags like a sniper mag and an m60 mag

-2nd pap- akimbo

-4th pap- joiner, would be able to join the akimbo weapons, like the wave gun, for something special. please tell me what you guys think of this weapon. ;)

Multiple upgrading has always been a concern shared by me and other members of the community. When it'd be nice to create such strong weapons, and be able to go and replenish the ammo of a gun by upgrading it again- think of the repercussions:

-If guns could get even stronger than they are now, that means to balance it out the Zombies would have to be even STRONGER, and the rate they'd get stronger would be a lot faster than it is now.

-Players that aren't too good at zombies would have a really hard time getting enough points to buy these stronger guns, by round 20 it'd be impossible for them to stay alive without a Wunderweapon or level 2-3 upgraded gun. It'd be unfair for them, Treyarch wouldn't try to play with Darwinism when it came to zombie mode and attracting a bigger crowd, etc. I just like it to be equal for everyone no matter their skill level, bigger and better guns shouldn't just be given to the bugger and better players.

Sorry if this seemed like I was smashing your idea down, it's swell and all, maybe they could include it in one map to give it a 'test drive' =]

Oh yes, their would definitely be a way to upgrade just one gun the traditional way. This would be a completely different machine somewhere across the map.

The machine would make every gun have two different fusions. Going back to my Hk/Ray gun theory. "Put your first weapon in the left slot (Let's say a ray gun.) Put your second weapon in the right slot (HK21 perhaps.) The machine would combine them, and out of the bottom slot would come your "Porters Hk115". Lets say that the weapon you put in the left slot provided the ammo type, and the right slot provided the body/fire rate. If you switched slots, you would get a ray gun that shot Hk21 bullets. If you learned which slot did what you could make some crazy gadgets, and then you would have that 50% chance where you get a bad combo. (Lets say a M1911 ammo firing commando). I think this machine would fuse for 10,000 points.

On that note, I think it would be nice for PaP bullets to be color coded in respect to the character's color.

For example: All of Nikolai's PaP bullets would be blue, since his point score was traditionally blue.

I think this would be neat in the sense that you would immediately be able to tell who is shooting at what if need be. Just thought it would be a nice feature to have.

Sweet idea! All those colors flying around the map ;)

Somebody said something about a melee weapon as a wonder weapon, I really liked that idea. Immediately made me think of the gravity hammer from Halo Reach, something like that would be so cool. Obviously splash damage would play a role, but a high powered melee weapon like that would be sweet, up close and personal you know?

YES

- The "wonder toy"

- Element custom

- shot rate custom

- shot type custom

This weapon when you first get it will be weak, but it will upgrade itself with zombie kills. Each time you kill a zombie with the gun it will give you a little exp for it, and will progress the more you use it. You would also be able to pick up items for the gun such as, broken gun parts around the map.

And each time you would pack a punch the weapon all the parts and attachments would be lost. But if you do pack a punch it gives you,

-2nd pap- akimbo

Multiple upgrading has always been a concern shared by me and other members of the community. When it'd be nice to create such strong weapons, and be able to go and replenish the ammo of a gun by upgrading it again- think of the repercussions:

-If guns could get even stronger than they are now, that means to balance it out the Zombies would have to be even STRONGER, and the rate they'd get stronger would be a lot faster than it is now.

-Players that aren't too good at zombies would have a really hard time getting enough points to buy these stronger guns, by round 20 it'd be impossible for them to stay alive without a Wunderweapon or level 2-3 upgraded gun. It'd be unfair for them, Treyarch wouldn't try to play with Darwinism when it came to zombie mode and attracting a bigger crowd, etc. I just like it to be equal for everyone no matter their skill level, bigger and better guns shouldn't just be given to the bugger and better players.

Sorry if this seemed like I was smashing your idea down, it's swell and all, maybe they could include it in one map to give it a 'test drive' =]

Don't look at it from BO zombies perspective because BO zombies are very overpowered. By the time you get to round 35 on most maps if you don't have, for example, the wave gun (moon) there is no traps and the raygun is gonna go empty very quickly, your other guns are basically just point guns, and there is exponentially more zombies. The whole you even playing there becomes just an annoyance for whoever does have the wave gun, and they get stuck doing all the work really. That's only round 35. Now imagine when you end up spending 10-12 hours just trying to make it to round 50. It becomes a chore because there is only 1 player doing all the work. Except on maps like call of the dead, which requires the teamwork strategy of vr-11, or any map with traps. Shangri-La, Moon, and (lets face it, we know its coming) future maps, we already know there's gonna be scenarios like this.

Also to the zombies being noob friendly aspect, zombies is already not noob friendly. I believe the best way to counter this is to have the spectator function in zombies where they can come in and watch skilled players and actually learn from them. Because (and it pains me to say this) it seems like some people just refuse to go watch one of the many thousand instructional, noob friendly, zombies videos on youtube. I can almost guarantee if they did, I wouldn't feel the need to slam my head in the wall when trying to find people who have at least been to round 20 on five. Long story short, its impossible. Noob friendly isn't call of duty's style, it's survival of the fittest.