Sniper Rifles in BO2 Zombies (Sniping and Quick-Scope)

I personally loved the power of the Kar98k, the Arisaka, and the bolt-action rifles in WaW. Especially the Mosin Nagant, which was pretty much instant kill from the waist up. I think that they should buff bolt-action rifles, considering they usually have a small magazine and low fire-rate.

Finally, someone who understands logic with reasoning. If anything we should be comparing all bot-action rifles with the Mosin-Nagant whether it has a scope or not. I think that if anything, bolt-action/lever-action rifles should not be nerfed, but buffed.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why people underestimate the L96A1 in zombies, its a beast of a gun ESPECIALLY with headshots. When I got to 50 on moon that was the only gun I ''rolled'' with. ;)

I don't get it either, i got lvl 44 on ascension with both PaP snipers, the bolt action is the one I love the mpst, at 25+ levels what other weapon can get 1-shot kills? it saves you a lot of ammo, usualy i take the bolt-action with a weapon of the wall to keep shooting all game long..

Damn i love zombies

There should never be a traditional balance in Zombiemode. That is, you can't make every weapon "good." There needs to be bad weapons to make the powerful weapons seem better.

If every weapon was viable, anybody could get to Round 30 no problem with minimal talent involved.

Sniper rifles need to be bad. Not every weapon can have a niche. This isn't multiplayer.

Also, every PaP Zombies sniper rifles (the Scavenger is the exception) has dealt 1000 damage with a 10x multiplier to the head. Thats a 1-shot-kill until round 33.

You are barely proposing a buff. If people spent any time using them, they would know that. But a headshot multiplier means nothing. It's the low rate-of-fire and high recoil that ruins them. If you miss that critical opportunity to shoot a Zombie in the head, you are dead. Increasing the damage to the head won't change that.

I agree with keeping the weapon balance and having those bad weapons in the box. But the problem I see is that I feel as if all the "bad" weapons are pretty much snipers and shotguns, and maybe SMGs. You can't deny that ultimately, and if used right, assault rifles were the dominant weapons in zombies, at least the most used because people just generally don't know how to effectively use a sniper or shotgun to their advantage in zombies. You also have to take into account the fact that most people don't even know how to quickscope.

I believe there should be a buff, but also include a larger variety of each weapon category. Don't put only 2 snipers and 2 shotguns (wall weapons excluded) in the box along side like what, 5 assault rifles? They just need to throw more weapons in there, not a select few.

• 1 month later...

Why do people keep calling shotguns and SR's bad, I've seen people excel at it, I prefer shotguns than most things, but it's because I like to get in zombies faces and get them out of the way while I run a train, IMO no types of guns should ever be excluded from the box, smg's, SR, shotties, lmg's, AS, RPG's, Handguns, and the special guns all should be in the box, why, because everyone has a different play style, just because you don't like a certain tactic doesn't mean that no one uses it, IMO, more shotguns and SR's should be added so that the people that use those strategies aren't only limited to 2 guns to choose from.

Snipers need to go out of zombies. I just hate it when you get it from mystery box. Just terrible, i died many times in many solo games when everytime i get the sniper out of the box. It is NOT powerful at all and terrible damage. They should not include in zombies. It doesn't make any sense to have a sniper rifle in zombies survival. Rifles like Kar98k, Springfield, and Arisaka are great in zombies. Because they have good damage, not hard to aim, and no scope!

As for shottys, Trench gun is the best of all. Double barreled shotgun is just below it. In black ops zombies, shotguns are just so underpowered. Its not fun at all. If the shotguns have more power than BO version and have more point damage due to pellets in shells. It will be great zombie killing weapon. The worst shotgun ever in zombies is HS-10 because it doesn't have enough reserve ammo and why does it have to be dual wield. Dual wield shotguns are not so realistic except for model 1887. Spaz 12, huge problem with the reserve ammo. It is so low amount of ammo when pack a punched.

Why a smaller increase in clip and reserve ammo in BO than W@W when pack a punched? Its terrible, it should be doubled or little more than doubled the amount of original clip and reserve ammo.