Sniper Rifles in BO2 Zombies (Sniping and Quick-Scope)

:?: Comment #3

I think quick scopeing should be removed from zombies and multi it's just not fair. Deadshot could still help the snipers out, IMO I don't think it should just aim at the head for them but should assist in aiming higher than lower. The box still needs weapons like sniper rifles and shotties because there has to be something in the box that most people won't want to trade there weapon for and have to waist there points.

How is quick scoping not fair? If anything hard scoping isn't fair. Atleast when you quick scope theirs more of a chance of missing than it is looking through your scope for an hour.

I have to disagree that Quick-Scoping is considered overpowered, besides this isn't Multiplayer.

Zombies was made for fun and the option for the player to Quick-Scope at his/her disposal that must be made available to have variety.

The main goal of this topic is how to make the Snipers more useful both as a support and a primary weapon in a 1-2-4-8 player game.

While I have to agree about the part that both Sniping and Quick-Scoping should have advantages and disadvantages, and that's why we are going to have this discussion before BO2 comes out...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:ugeek: Both in WAW & BO1 Sniper Rifles against Zombies is ultimately useless and unappreciated.

For that there should be change.

Here are the possible options and explanations to how to make Sniper Rifles useful in Zombies...

:idea: Bolt-Action Sniper Rifles

Normal Bolt-Action

- One-Hit Headshot up to Round 20. Damage: 2,800

- One-Hit Bodyshot up to Round 13. Damage: 1,400

PaP Bolt-Action

- One-Hit Headshot up to Round 50. Damage: 50,000

- One-Hit Bodyshot up to Round 43. Damage: 25,000

:arrow: Redesigned as a ranged, no/quick scope zombie killing collateral machine.

Unlike its original design used in WAW and BO, the weapon was buffed up yet still balanced against the undead.

Here's the main reason why Bolt-Actions back is the days were traded by Semi-Autos or just used for fun.

1. One-Hit Kill Bodyshots are only effective at the rounds 7 and below.

2. One-Hit Kill Headshots only last at the rounds 26 and below.

True, the headshot damage was nerfed to -6. But in exchange this increases the Bodyshot's damage by +6.

Reason, at the rounds 8 and above at that time. You would rather prefer a Automatic gun then try to get a headshot.

Now that you've been given an extra amount of rounds. This enables you to have more time to Pack-a-Punch it for the real deal.

:idea: Semi-Automatic Sniper Rifles

Normal Semi-Automatic

- One-Hit Headshot up to Round 15. Damage: 1,800

- One-Hit Bodyshot up to Round 5. Damage: 600

Pap Semi-Automatic

- One-Hit Headshot up to Round 35. Damage: 12,000

- One-Hit Bodyshot up to Round 18. Damage: 2,400

:arrow: Rethought as a support focused time traveling high-rounds inhibitor.

Back in the days, a PaP Semi-Auto is ultimately better then a Bolt-Action because both shares the same damage. So why the buck would you try to Pack-a-Punch that weapon which has the same damage, but with a slower rate of fire? Thus the Bolt-Action was labeled as a challenge tool rather then as an effective one...

So, to balanced both this sun of a beach.

This Semi-Auto was then nerfed furiously, but in a useful way.

The weapon is designed as a support weapon that let's your allies take out the undead much quicker on the higher-rounds, as quicker as like in the early rounds.

That's right, its a time-traveling weapon used to go back in the early rounds while the counter says your physically around the future, aka it shoots paradox pellets.

:D Thank you for your time and God Bless!!!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love it if snipers and shottys were more powerful in zombies, Heading shotting some zombies while your friends are covering your back, now thats some enjoyment. Also shottys from WaW like the trench gun should reclaim the further shotgun glory of the one shot till like round 17

They should remove snipers and shotties from the game. They are crap if you ask me.

AND THAT'S STRICTLY JUST MY OPINION.

Absolutely crap. Hopefully there would be a bit more balance or parity in the future for shot guns and snipers.

Seriously? Have you guys even used the Stakeout? Or the upgraded Olympia? The Hades is pretty amazing even though its first stage sucks. And besides that both the L9A61 and the Dragnov are amazingly good snipers. Actually try using the guns the way they are meant to be used before giving such a biased statement.

I agree that sniper rifles should be a bit more balanced. But with a headshot always killing them instantly, is way overpowered. If you think about high rounds, you could just get Dead Shot Daquiri and quickscope Zombies. This would make high rounds a lot easier. So maybe a one hit kill for headshots up to Round 50?

They should remove snipers and shotties from the game. They are crap if you ask me.

AND THAT'S STRICTLY JUST MY OPINION.

Absolutely crap. Hopefully there would be a bit more balance or parity in the future for shot guns and snipers.

Seriously? Have you guys even used the Stakeout? Or the upgraded Olympia? The Hades is pretty amazing even though its first stage sucks. And besides that both the L9A61 and the Dragnov are amazingly good snipers. Actually try using the guns the way they are meant to be used before giving such a biased statement.

They are powerful but reload and refiring takes too long. Factoring the point system shot guns are terrible in my eyes. I used to PAP the sniper guns because one hit kill til twenties. Used to.

I agree that sniper rifles should be a bit more balanced. But with a headshot always killing them instantly, is way overpowered. If you think about high rounds, you could just get Dead Shot Daquiri and quickscope Zombies. This would make high rounds a lot easier. So maybe a one hit kill for headshots up to Round 50?

Comment #0 I took another moment of the idea. I believe the Bolt-Action idea seems balanced, for now.

Unfortunately, the Semi-Automatic one seems over powered if it includes the One-Hit Headshot idea...

I'll be thinking over how to balance it and hopefully it will enable the players to choose between the two sniper rifles and not abuse the semi-automatic one-hit headshot...

Update #0 Round 10 + 5 per round = Penetration minus 1

Update #1

Comment #1

So yeah, I took the just recent idea of the One-Hit Headshot Idea at the palms of hands. Wrapped it around waywardly, and threw it out at the swamps of Shi No Numa.

Basically, I started from scratch. This time not as a simple "idea" but with a concept that I calculated from past records of thee zombie infested world...

Hopefully this will balance and usefullify em a bit!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Both in WAW & BO1 Sniper Rifles against Zombies is ultimately useless and unappreciated.

For that there should be change.

Here are the possible options and explanations to how to make Sniper Rifles useful in Zombies...

Bolt-Action Sniper Rifles

Normal Bolt-Action

- One-Hit Headshot up to Round 20. Damage: 2,800

- One-Hit Bodyshot up to Round 13. Damage: 1,400

PaP Bolt-Action

- One-Hit Headshot up to Round 50. Damage: 50,000

- One-Hit Bodyshot up to Round 43. Damage: 25,000

Redesigned as a ranged, no/quick scope zombie killing collateral machine.

Unlike its original design used in WAW and BO, the weapon was buffed up yet still balanced against the undead.

Here's the main reason why Bolt-Actions back is the days were traded by Semi-Autos or just used for fun.

1. One-Hit Kill Bodyshots are only effective at the rounds 7 and below.

2. One-Hit Kill Headshots only last at the rounds 26 and below.

True, the headshot damage was nerfed to -6. But in exchange this increases the Bodyshot's damage by +6.

Reason, at the rounds 8 and above at that time. You would rather prefer a Automatic gun then try to get a headshot.

Now that you've been given an extra amount of rounds. This enables you to have more time to Pack-a-Punch it for the real deal.

Semi-Automatic Sniper Rifles

Normal Semi-Automatic

- One-Hit Headshot up to Round 15. Damage: 1,800

- One-Hit Bodyshot up to Round 5. Damage: 600

Pap Semi-Automatic

- One-Hit Headshot up to Round 35. Damage: 12,000

- One-Hit Bodyshot up to Round 18. Damage: 2,400

Rethought as a support focused high-rounds inhibitor.

Back in the days, a PaP Semi-Auto is ultimately better then a Bolt-Action because both shares the same damage. So why the buck would you try to Pack-a-Punch that weapon which has the same damage, but with a slower rate of fire? Thus the Bolt-Action was labeled as a challenge tool rather then as an effective one...

So, to balanced both this sun of a beach.

This Semi-Auto was then nerfed furiously, but in a useful way.

The weapon is designed as a support weapon that let's your allies take out the undead much quicker on the higher-rounds, as quicker as like in the early rounds.

That's right, its a time-traveling weapon used to go back in the early rounds while the counter says your physically around the future, aka it shoots paradox pellets.

Thank you for your time and God Bless!!!

They are powerful but reload and refiring takes too long. Factoring the point system shot guns are terrible in my eyes. I used to PAP the sniper guns because one hit kill til twenties. Used to.

Speed Cola and Double Tap will fix both of those problems. Double Tap slows down cocking the bolt-action and Speed Cola swaps clips faster. Both perks are very useful when running sniper and shotty.

I don't see any reason that headshots kiling zombies with one shot is over powered. The reason I say this is because if you was to shoot anything in the head with a sniper rifle it would be game over for what ever the target was. To me no matter what round it is if you shoot them in the head they should die. Also if anything is to be removed it should be the quick scopeing it's self not the weapon's.

I don't see any reason that headshots kiling zombies with one shot is over powered. The reason I say this is because if you was to shoot anything in the head with a sniper rifle it would be game over for what ever the target was. To me no matter what round it is if you shoot them in the head they should die. Also if anything is to be removed it should be the quick scopeing it's self not the weapon's.

That is true. I think headshots are one shot kills for anything.

Comment #2

Well, looks like we are in a stand off here... It appears there are those who believes that the sniper should always have the One-Hit Kill Headshot while the other thinks that it should end around the high rounds.

Hmmm... it has something to do with Quick-Scoping and Semi-Auto shots.

So what if you guys prefer that the Bolt-Action one should have the One-Hit Kill Headshot all the time PaP'd while the Semi-Auto is nerfed to only have a limited round base headshot?

That is true. I think headshots are one shot kills for anything.

Comment #2

Well, looks like we are in a stand off here... It appears there are those who believes that the sniper should always have the One-Hit Kill Headshot while the other thinks that it should end around the high rounds.

Hmmm... it has something to do with Quick-Scoping and Semi-Auto shots.

So what if you guys prefer that the Bolt-Action one should have the One-Hit Kill Headshot all the time PaP'd while the Semi-Auto is nerfed to only have a limited round base headshot?

I think quick scopeing should be removed from zombies and multi it's just not fair. Deadshot could still help the snipers out, IMO I don't think it should just aim at the head for them but should assist in aiming higher than lower. The box still needs weapons like sniper rifles and shotties because there has to be something in the box that most people won't want to trade there weapon for and have to waist there points.

:?: Comment #3

How is quick scoping not fair? If anything hard scoping isn't fair. Atleast when you quick scope theirs more of a chance of missing than it is looking through your scope for an hour.

I have to disagree that Quick-Scoping is considered overpowered, besides this isn't Multiplayer.

Zombies was made for fun and the option for the player to Quick-Scope at his/her disposal that must be made available to have variety.

The main goal of this topic is how to make the Snipers more useful both as a support and a primary weapon in a 1-2-4-8 player game.

While I have to agree about the part that both Sniping and Quick-Scoping should have advantages and disadvantages, and that's why we are going to have this discussion before BO2 comes out...

I personally loved the power of the Kar98k, the Arisaka, and the bolt-action rifles in WaW. Especially the Mosin Nagant, which was pretty much instant kill from the waist up. I think that they should buff bolt-action rifles, considering they usually have a small magazine and low fire-rate.

*Takes deep breath* ah yes... The Mosin Nagant, even in Multiplayer that blasted thing was a pretty. *sniff*