Call of Duty: Black Ops 2’ Release Could Create Legal Issues

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/338564/20120508/call-duty-black-ops-2-release-date.htm

Treyarch recently announced their next venture into the "Call of Duty" franchise, confirming rumors that the game will be a sequel to their 2010 title. "Black Ops 2" is slated for a November 2012 release, and fans are gearing up for the Los Angeles based Cold War shooter. However, Activision could be facing some legal troubles over the new game's setting.

According to Game Informer, over two years ago details of a lawsuit between Infinity Ward and Activision began to surface, with one point stating that "Call of Duty" titles set after Vietnam would be exclusive to Infinity Ward. The video game magazine obtained court documents that include a clause printed in Infinity Ward's Memorandum of Understanding (MOU). The clause reads as follows....go to link for more details

This is crazy what yall think?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Activision wouldn't have allowed the game to be made if it couldn't have been. And IW tweeted out that they saw the trailer for BOII a few hours before it was premiered, so they haven't got a problem with it. Odds are, this is something that both parties are just gunna have to go;

"You cool with BOII IW?"

"Yep"

"Good"

And leave it at that...

Activision wouldn't have allowed the game to be made if it couldn't have been. And IW tweeted out that they saw the trailer for BOII a few hours before it was premiered, so they haven't got a problem with it. Odds are, this is something that both parties are just gunna have to go;

"You cool with BOII IW?"

"Yep"

"Good"

And leave it at that...

+Brains for the quotes xD, made my day!

• 2 weeks later...

I remember hearing about some time back and I thought the same exact thing as soon as I saw the quadrotor but thought no more of it because when they start releasing info on the game is when the game is almost done. The story line has already been set in stone for the game.