Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matuzz

How to install and play custom zombie maps + other PC tips.

Easiest way installing custom zombie maps is using downloads from, http://www.zombiemodding.com/

Their downloads come with a installer that your run and that's it.

But if you are downloading some where else you have to place the custom map files to your mod folder manually.

To find the mod folder in the first place you have to set your computer to show hidden folders and files.

Follow these steps to display hidden files and folders.

Open Folder Options by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Folder Options.

Click the View tab.

Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files and folders, and then click OK

Where to find the mods folder:

C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Local\Activision\CoDWaW\mods

Starting to play the mod:

Start World at War, in the main menu choose MODS.

Load the map you want to play from the list that will show up.

With new maps, the main menu should now have option to start the map right away.

But if you are playing some older custom zombie maps you have to load the map trough console.

Enabling developer console and loading the map:

In the main menu go to options/controls, then select Game options and from there you can enable your console.

When that is done, press ~ on your keyboard to bring up the console.

Type into the console /devmap *and here the map name*

For example if you load mod called nazi_zombie_death first from the mods folder.

Open your console and type in: /devmap nazi_zombie_death

Press enter and the map should load!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some sites with zombie maps:

http://www.zombiemodding.com/

http://www.customcod.com/community/index.php

http://www.mapmodnews.com/filemgmt/viewcat.php?cid=20

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How to bind helpful shouts (World at War):

For example, Pressing 5 will say: Max ammo, reload!

To bind keys you need to open the console. Check Enabling developer console from above if you haven't already.

Open console and type in: /bind

After that press space and add the key you want to bind, in this example we use 5.

So it will look like this: /bind 5

Next press space again and add say: /bind 5 say

Last step is to add the message you want. In this case Max ammo, reload!

So in the end you will have: /bind 5 say Max ammo, reload!

Press enter and your bind is done!

How to bind helpful shouts (Black Ops):

Go to C:/Program/Steam/SteamApps/common/call of duty black ops/player

Open config.cfg with a text editor (Notepad/Wordpad)

Press Ctrl+F this opens search window. Search word monkey

This will direct you to seta monkeytoy"0", replace the 0 with 1

Now you are ready to set your binds. Go all the way to the bottom of the file and press enter twice.

Make new line for each bind!

Do not put spaces between sentences. If you want to say Max ammo! when pressing 5 you need to write the bind like this:

bind 5 "say Max_ammo!"

Note, you need the "" in the bind.

IMPORTANT: After you have done your binds and saved the file you must put your file on "read only" mode. To do that, right click on the file and open the properties.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is great Matuzz. Thanks for taking time to do this. I know I struggled a little to get this working but I remember seeing some directions from someones post here on CoDz (Either Tom or CJDog) But this is great too. May be we should add some sample config files that will help Black Ops zombie players with shortcut keys like Tom posted.

Eg: Reload, Max ammo and other shout outs.

This is great Matuzz. Thanks for taking time to do this. I know I struggled a little to get this working but I remember seeing some directions from someones post here on CoDz (Either Tom or CJDog) But this is great too. May be we should add some sample config files that will help Black Ops zombie players with shortcut keys like Tom posted.

Eg: Reload, Max ammo and other shout outs.

Well yeah we could add keybinding tutorial to this thread and some other helpful PC stuff :)

I remember adding 0 as fast restart and it helps a lot in NML. So yea some sample Config files would be nice.

I added now example how to do basic say command.

Will add later list of other helpful commands.

Thread updated.

Still to add: other console commands and bind options.

Enabling zombie cheats in Black Ops solo.

Quick tip: Make a back up of your config file :mrgreen:

Well yeah if you seriously mess up something and save it :D

Great Job Matuzz. Would give brains but "i cannot give so fast after last"!

All my maps used to work utell I installed zombie rich. Now all my maps that support multi will not play, only zombie panic center wich is one player. It loads up project x but errors out saying missing mp file I gotta find the whole file name agin if ya need it I will. How can I uninstall everything and start over. I tried it once but mods came back after patchs wer installed. I even deleted the mods folder and the activision folder before reinstall and they still came back in the non working condition. Plz help me!

Awards

All my maps used to work utell I installed zombie rich. Now all my maps that support multi will not play, only zombie panic center wich is one player. It loads up project x but errors out saying missing mp file I gotta find the whole file name agin if ya need it I will. How can I uninstall everything and start over. I tried it once but mods came back after patchs wer installed. I even deleted the mods folder and the activision folder before reinstall and they still came back in the non working condition. Plz help me!

Do you have steam or retail version?

Do you have steam or retail version?

Its fixed, he created a new thread in pc section.

About Call of Duty Zombies

Call of Duty Zombies (CODZ) is a fan-made gaming community centered around the popular Call of Duty franchise with central focus on the beloved Zombies mode. Created in 2009, CODZ is the ultimate platform for discussing Zombies theories, sharing strategies, player networking, and more.

Call of Duty Zombies Code of Conduct

The Code of Conduct - regarding all site regulations and guidelines as a user of the website - can be found here. Failure to comply with the CoC will result in account disciplinary action.

Our Privacy / Cookie Policy / Terms of Use

Call of Duty Zombies privacy policy / cookie information can be found here. We heavily enforce COPPA and anti-spam laws.

The terms of use can be found here for user agreement purposes.

Legal Information

Activision, Call of Duty, Call of Duty: Black Ops titles, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare titles, Call of Duty: WWII are trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc.

We are not affiliated with Activision nor its developers Treyarch, Sledgehammer, or Infinity Ward.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, Code of Conduct, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. .