Elena Siegman. Will She Return In Black Ops 2?

Hey everyone. I haven't posted a thread here in a long time and I've been itching to know what the community thinks about this topic. Elena Siegman and Kevin Sherwood have been the magic duo when it comes to making me bang my head while I'm blasting zombies away. Sometimes I'll play a BO map just to hear the song, then quit after it's done. My favorite song is Paradolia from the map Shangri-La.

So the question is, will this awesome duo return for Black Ops 2 Zombies? I sure hope so. Nobody does it like them. If I were to make an educated guess, I'd have to say "YES." I think they will return in BO2. But Treyarch may decide to add new music and artists to the roster. Kind of like how they had Avenged Sevenfold in Call of the Dead and Moon.

I'm sure Elena Siegman would return for a third helping of vocals for our hearing pleasure, but what else will Treyarch suprise us with this time around.....only 6 more months until we find out ALL the gory details. Until then, I'll be kickin it oldschool with all the Black Ops Zombie maps. Let me know what you guys think. Will they return for Black Ops 2, or do you think that a new team will show up? Or do you just not care?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would hope that returns for Black Ops 2.

But for the love of god Treyarch,

PLEASE NO MORE SCREAMO(or whatever it's called)!

Agreed. I not a fan of screamo either and Elena has been such a key part of Zombies and I really hope she does more songs, like Beauty of Annihilation and The One.

There's at least 4 other topics that ate the exact same as this. Please use the search function,

I'll give the answer I give everyone:

Kevin Sherwood is a musical genius and Elena should be kicked off the project.

ALSO, it's called "screaming" not "screamo" screaming is a vocal teqnique used in many genres of metal while screamo is a subgenre of emo music that uses screamed vocals.

Hey,

I think there are more than 4 threads about it :)

Sooo.. to answer your question:

No, Elena Siegman wont return in Black Ops 2.

There will be a new band for Black Ops 2 called Tacitus (seems to be Zombie screams mixed with metal). Thats why Dimitri from FPSrussia has a T - Shirt with Tacitus on it, and one the callofduty homepage during the Countdown there has been "Tacitus" aswell

Paredolia grew on me. The part that sucked about it was when they started the "I might try to find my life and...whatever" Once that hit, I said what the heck is this garbage. Coming Home was dreadful. 115 and Abracadavre are the best two songs they have. And while many of you will yell at me and say they aren't the best, the number of views on YouTube says differently. And that's from the average fan who doesn't care about storyline or whatever. They just want good music.

@tankeo

Kevin Sherwood ??? haha you have to be kidding me! Elena is a key part to zombies and should not be switched. Kevin? Lmao. no comment his not in the zombies music "level"

You realize Kevin is the Sound Designer for 3arc, and not just some guy who does the zombie songs. Most, if not all songs in Black Ops came from him. He is equally as important as Elena with the zombie songs.

Paredolia grew on me. The part that sucked about it was when they started the "I might try to find my life and...whatever" Once that hit, I said what the heck is this garbage. Coming Home was dreadful. 115 and Abracadavre are the best two songs they have. And while many of you will yell at me and say they aren't the best, the number of views on YouTube says differently. And that's from the average fan who doesn't care about storyline or whatever. They just want good music.

I thought that part was the best. It's the reason Pareidolia is my favourite. Elena rapping? Come on, what's not to like!

I didn't like Coming Home at first. The screaming was to intense and went for ages. Than I just sat with it on repeat, and it grew on me. According to iTunes, it's my most played song. And I love the screaming in it now. I can't imagine the song without it, and the song would not have the same effect on me. It was perfect because it gelled with Moon's theme perfectly.

However, I rather Elena use her calm voice more. BOA had the perfect mix of calm and screaming. That's not to say the other songs are bad though. I love all of them, from Lullaby of a Deadman to Coming Home, and whatever she does in the future I will like. :)

*I might try to find my light tonight, hide my sight from eyes I try to fight, my nines eyes of light die by the the blight, ride White Knight unite my plight tonight :) I know all that offhand :P I memorized all the Zombies songs. I am one of the biggest Zombies fans, and I also know Kevin Sherwood/Elena Siegman, so it's pretty awesome to know the songs and then realize how much they actually mention the songs and stuff, rather than if you didn't know the lyrics. And it's wierd, apparently Elena doesn't actually recognize her own voice in the songs, as once I was playing with Elena and Kevin Sherwood on Ascension, and Abracadvre came on, and Elena didn't recognize the song xD

I think the gradual progression of screaming within the songs was suppose to signify the tension building up in the story. I'm not the biggest fan of screaming, but I certain understand the artistic ability that it takes and represents. Not everyone is going to like the same song or type of music, if you change anything about how the songs are done, yes you'll please a few people, but you may also upset so many more fans.

What they had for Black Ops was what I believe to be about the best middle ground we'll get. Also they only had different artist for the maps when we weren't playing as the original crew. Which I'm sure they will continue if they have any other maps with different people.

This is also why I want some sort of playlist or whatever with several different songs to choose from, and the option to allow only whoever chose it to hear it.

Elena Siegman just sings.

Kevin Sherwood writes all the lyrics, all the guitars, all the drums, all the bass, EVERYTJING.

He also plays the guitar and the bass for the songs.

Yeah he can do all that, but you know what he can't do. Make music I want to listen to. His music can't even compare with BOA

no offense, but you're not exactly the ideal music critic then.

I'm not saying I am though, and I respect your opinion, while I strongly disagree.

Honestly, I'm getting sick of people laughing at my opinions.

I don't laugh at your opinions, I back you up when I can/when I agree with you.

Hail Tankeo!

Elena Siegman just sings.

Kevin Sherwood writes all the lyrics, all the guitars, all the drums, all the bass, EVERYTJING.

He also plays the guitar and the bass for the songs.

Yeah he can do all that, but you know what he can't do. Make music I want to listen to. His music can't even compare with BOA

Kevin Sherwood wrote and produces every Zombies song, from the songs on the Nacht Der Untoten radio, to Coming Home, it has all been him. He wrote and produced Beauty of Annihilation, along with all other CoD Zombies songs.

I honestly wouldn't mind Elena and Kevin taking a break, but it would be nice to see them return. Maybe Treyarch could make the BOII maps with two songs: One from Elena and Kevin based on the story of Zombies as usual, and another by another band like A7X, Bullet for my Valentine etc which is perfect for slaying the bastardos.

I honestly wouldn't mind Elena and Kevin taking a break, but it would be nice to see them return. Maybe Treyarch could make the BOII maps with two songs: One from Elena and Kevin based on the story of Zombies as usual, and another by another band like A7X, Bullet for my Valentine etc which is perfect for slaying the bastardos.

You expect only two maps to ship with Black Ops II? Wow lol assuming the Treyarch zombie team really stepped their game up this time, I'm expecting way more maps than that

Way more? Im thinking three normal maps. Two from the start and one for finishing the campaign. They are not gonna give us a lot of maps on ship i think. Maybe 4 at the max IMO.