Pack-a-Punch Idea "Double PaP"

So lots of people have been discussing a "double PaP" and I came up with my own idea. Say you're playing and you've reached that point where your PaP'd weapon isn't cutting it, well here's what you can do, Return to PaP and for free you can sacrifice your PaP'd weapon to the machine by placing it back into PaP and the weapon will overcharge it and will transform into a level two PaP and you lose that gun. A level two weapon will have a different camo, more ammo, new/improved attachments, a new fire color and a new firing sound. The machine itself will change and take on a new look and in order to PaP for a level two weapon it will cost 10,000 points. Now even though the machine has reached level two, players can still PaP but if the gun hasn't been PaP'd once already and PaP is used, the player will be charged 5000 points and the weapon will have a level one PaP. That weapon also cannot be PaP'd into level two until the next round. The same process can be repeated using a level two weapon to upgrade the PaP to a level three. Level three will cost 20,000 points and like level two will have new camo, more ammo, etc. This would be incredibly useful for higher rounds and even after you PaP you'll still have something to save up for and look forward to.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I had made a similar post about doing multiple upgrades to weapons. But what would be cool is if they used an upgrading system that required "rare earth elements" to upgrade. You could collect the elements either from dead zombies, or dead bosses and used those with the PaP machine to create different weapons with very different attributes. Like using different elements, 115 or anything else. It could make the weapon more powerful or extend ammo capacity but reduce power or add firepower but reduce ammo capacity. Those sort of things. I'd imagine it would make the scavenge for elements to constantly be upgrading your arsenal fun and change up the wait to get ready for the next wave of zombies.

They could have like attachments you can buy off the walls or some thing.... or a differant box for attachments like the sniper rifle closet on nachet der untoten (or what ever). but i really like the element idea like if you find a good amount of element 115 you could get something like a wonder weapon attachment. but differant elements wouldnt have the same effect on every gun. you know???

I like the idea, but it's just the means of getting and using the 2nd tier pack-a-punch is just too much. There should be a different way for using the 2nd tier/3rd tier pack-a-punch machine. Notice how the most expensive thing in the game is only 5,000 points, something the average player can get to. The average player can't get to 20,000 points without having to worry about getting downed and rebuying all the perks. I like that other guy's idea about finding rare earth elements. Like, if you're doing co-op all the players can collect various earth elements and then combine them all at the pack-a-punched machine unlocking the 2nd tier and getting different ones for the third tier.

Some of these ideas people come up with are pretty great, but I'm not a fan of changing the PaP system at all. The reason I and many others fell in love with this game is because it was simple yet brilliant - no over the top crap, it just worked as a game mode. I still think that things like the napalm zombies, Astronauts, Excavators etc. are an example of what should be avoided. They don't help break up the gameplay or anything, they just create an annoyance and seem to serve no real purpose apart from pissing you off. The Moon ones aren't so bad since I've developed strategies to work around them without much of a problem. But I rarely play Shangri La, one of many reasons being because the Shriekers make the most annoying f***ing noise in the history of the game. The napalm zombies as I said serves no real purpose, he's just there to get in the way.

I've gone a bit off-topic here, but my words were based around a point I really wish Treyarch would abide by - if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Instead of working on new features, work on things that are currently an issue. Spend more time testing for glitches, working on high round support... basically, I'd much rather see a game that works flawlessly rather than a game with loads of features crammed into it that feels incomplete.

Some of these ideas people come up with are pretty great, but I'm not a fan of changing the PaP system at all. The reason I and many others fell in love with this game is because it was simple yet brilliant - no over the top crap, it just worked as a game mode. I still think that things like the napalm zombies, Astronauts, Excavators etc. are an example of what should be avoided. They don't help break up the gameplay or anything, they just create an annoyance and seem to serve no real purpose apart from pissing you off. The Moon ones aren't so bad since I've developed strategies to work around them without much of a problem. But I rarely play Shangri La, one of many reasons being because the Shriekers make the most annoying f***ing noise in the history of the game. The napalm zombies as I said serves no real purpose, he's just there to get in the way.

I've gone a bit off-topic here, but my words were based around a point I really wish Treyarch would abide by - if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Instead of working on new features, work on things that are currently an issue. Spend more time testing for glitches, working on high round support... basically, I'd much rather see a game that works flawlessly rather than a game with loads of features crammed into it that feels incomplete.

I understand the if it aint broke don't fix it but zombies have changed a lot since the first alliteration. Perks, bosses, gun upgrading, zombie types. If you start adding perks that make gameplay easier they need to balance that by adding different types of zombies to ramp up difficulty. Same with the upgrading of weapons, if you are making a gun more powerful you obviously need more fire power to take them down. It makes sense to add different gun upgrading systems if they ever plan on expanding the world they have neatly created. You can stay with the old stuff that works and basically do the same thing over and over again until it runs dry or you could make it better ;)

• 1 month later...