Many people, myself included, splashed out £75/$80 for our Hardened Editions (some even more for Prestige editions) to get our hands on the classic zombie maps.

That was 4 maps...

Black Ops II is on the horizon and I can't help but not let go off, not just the classic WAW maps, but Kino, Ascension, Shangri-La, Moon (these maps as they are main characters...) so what is on the cards here guys? I really want to grind up some meatsacks on these old maps on Black Ops II...So how would Treyarch do this?:o that's eight maps... I for one, are not willing to let go off these classics. There will always be these newfa-er-players who will just jizz all over Zombies like it's a baby dove learning to fly, but there is some die hard fans out there who, like me, probably aren't willing to let go? So I would like to know how you would get your hands on these maps? ELITE, DLC, Pre order DLC, Editions...

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not ready to call Black Ops maps 'old maps'.

It makes me feel old.

I'm 16.

At any rate, I'm sure they will make all the maps available one way or another. I wouldn't be surprised to see a "Zombie Edition" that consists of two disks (one for multiplayer/campaign, and the other for everything Zombies) as well as some cool Zombies gear. ;)

It makes me feel old.

I'm 16.

At any rate, I'm sure they will make all the maps available one way or another. I wouldn't be surprised to see a "Zombie Edition" that consists of two disks (one for multiplayer/campaign, and the other for everything Zombies) as well as some cool Zombies gear. ;)

I'm also 16. and to be honest, I'd happily prefer getting WAW maps more than anything! but that's just me.

It makes me feel old.

I'm 16.

I'm also 16. and to be honest, I'd happily prefer getting WAW maps more than anything! but that's just me.

Funny thing is i'm 16 also, What a coincidence! and I agree that does make me feel old too

If I have to pay for the "classic maps" a 3rd time, there better be a damned good reason for it. BO revamped the graphics, added the new guns, and included the main characters in NDU and Verruckt.. it wasn't much but I was happy to have a larger player base. If they can only offer new weapons and an upgraded engine, the older maps should be free of charge on BOII if purchased before, right? If there aren't significant changes made, I can deal with the inconvenience of less people playing on those maps. So, just make us play BO for the upgraded classics and BO maps.

I enjoy the variety that comes with having 10 different maps to play (plus the ones we will have from BOII), but that doesn't mean I want to pay for them again just because the next Treyarch game has released.

Maybe I'm alone in this view, maybe not.

IMO if you already purchased the map pack, should they find a way to ''carry'' the maps from BO onto to BOII so you wouldn't need to re-buy them.

i.e. if you bought DLC from ''LiitleBigPlanet'' then that DLC would also be compatable with ''LittleBigPlanet2."

Just my thoughts.

All of Guitar Hero's DLC just jumps automatically from one game to the next. If the hardened doesn't include all ten maps for that extra 20 bucks, then I think at this point, yes. The classic maps should just automatically transfer over.

IMO if you already purchased the map pack, should they find a way to ''carry'' the maps from BO onto to BOII so you wouldn't need to re-buy them.

i.e. if you bought DLC from ''LiitleBigPlanet'' then that DLC would also be compatable with ''LittleBigPlanet2."

Just my thoughts.

That's a point. I mean, if they put WaW Maps in the Hardened Edition, then that means we've payed of those maps 3 times! They did make the Moon DLC free for Hardened Edition users though, so we may see a little ray of hope there.

whyis there a bunch of 16 year olds playing a game only sutible for 17/18 and more?

Really? I could ask the same question about all the 10 year olds playing zombies right now online, screwing up what the game used to be by glitching and ruining the game. Hell, my 10 year old brother is playing Der Riese right now as I type this, he has been playing zombies since he was 6 and the kid is F'ing good. He isnt immature like the rest. I really think it shouldn't depend on how old you are, Just on how you process what you see. Is it really just a game? or is it real?

ON TOPIC: I hope the game comes with a second disc kind of like battlefield 3, Campaign on one disc and multiplayer on the other. Im looking forward to buying the Hardened edition, hoping that it has something zombies related on it. Thats why i havent pre-ordered yet. I couldn't care less about a poster that I can put as the wallpaper on my PC

Eh...I must be real old then...why do we need the new game to have all the maps that we already have on Black ops...? If you wanna play one of the Black Ops 1 maps...just spit out BO2 and put in BO1, and ta-da...? I mean I don't really see the point of needing the new game to basically have all the old maps when we already have em on another game. Or even if they did something new to the old ones it would just get put on DLC like Rezurrection had Moon and the W@W maps. I'm too old fashioned for this. :oops:

Also since we're on the topic of age, I'm 18. :ugeek:

id think activision could get some free good publisity here.

firstly make everyone who has played black ops 1 will unlock five, kino and dead ops in BOII

then for each map pack, the zombie map for that pack will be unlocked in BOII

this would mean people who have alreadybought the packs would get the maps, while people would go out to buy map packs just to get the old/current zombie maps.

Im not too bothered about older maps getting brought forward really. My only requet is that this time we get more than 2 maps to begin with. there should be atleast 5, if not more. think of it this way, someone who bought black ops and then every DLC for the zombies maps spent a grand total of about £85-90 for 10 maps (11 counting DOA)

So a hardcore zombies player has to pay twice as much for all the game as an 'online' player, and multiplayer also has over double the maps, not even counting DLC. i dont see it as fair atall.

I think its time for something to change with these maps if they do include them. It would get kind of boring to just play the same maps with exactly the same features AGAIN. If they added new perks like flopper, stamin up, and some new ones from the new game. It would make the maps more interesting and fun. And they should add pap and change the wonder weapons. On verruckt take out the winters howl and add maybe a thundergun, on nacht put some new weapon in there, on shi no numa add some new wonder weapon, and der riese probably keep the wunder waffe. And maybe they could expand the maps.

I really hope that we can carry all of our BO maps over to BOII because I refuse to pay extra money for the same maps I paid extra money for twice! First one WaW and then on BOs. NOT BOII! I'm 16 and I just don't have the funds to keep supplying my zombie addiction.

Then don't pay any extra money? What is so complicated about just switching CDs when you want to play one of the old maps? Not to mention the reason they might not do all that is disc space. Remember they have to make room for all of the campaign and all the Multiplayer maps. Not to mention now that zombies will be on the multiplayer engine which will allow for double players/zombies. Also the DLC that will eventually come out for regular multiplayer maps. Take all that into consideration as to why they may not add ALL the old maps from W@W and BO. Would just probably be too much.