ELITE for the sake of Zombies?

Me as a gamer, I'm always going out to find new games. I'm never really tied down with the same games, one day it's Skyrim, then Halo. The next it's Black Ops or Left 4 Dead. I tie my gaming career with my relationship, band stuff and school. This is why I never really wanted to invest in ELITE. I as a long term zombie player, and I mean literally from the start I've invested money and time in the oh so brilliant Zombie game mode. With MW3 we saw ELITE dropping off DLC here and there for people to consume in weeks and asking for more. I for one never played MW3, I have been a Treyarch fanboy, don't ask me why, I've always favoured their games. Any ways, back to the subject at hand. Every new DLC me and my friends at school would have little nerdgasms on the release, with timezones, they would always be released whilst at school. So we would have our MSP ready and phone home and get our families to download our packs. Once home we would be so excited to tear up zombies and discover the easter eggs. I don't want Elite being some sort of "get your DLC earlier" the fact that we would all discover these easter eggs together and strategies, Zombie isn't just a game mode, its a social gathering...and now with this whole, DLC before each other is just gonna split the community up. So I ask CoDz, a veteran to the people. Should I invest in ELITE if this same marketing is at hand? to constantly get my fix or what?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

based on what you wrote, I definitely think you should get elite. I act the same as you, I want the maps right away I wake up early or get people to download them for me. That being said, I don't think you would want to wait 1 month or more for a zombie map, that others are finding easter eggs on and such. So buy elite, I know you may not want to, but it's the best thing to do

I think for black ops 2 I would get Elite. I didnt get it for MW3 because multiplayer looked the same as MW2 and I had a feeling that it would play the same also. Since Zombies is confirmed in BLOPS 2 and you know theyll be adding to zombies, might as well get elite and get maps early

It's probably wishful thinking, but I still stand by my thoughts that zombies DLC should be available to everyone at the same time. And that's mainly because of the storyline. I don't wanna hear all about the latest and greatest new stuff that's in zombies, learn about the EE's and everything and then by the time it's available for non-subscribers, the hype is already burnt out. Then those EE's suddenly become "so old or so last month" just because I didn't spend the extra 50 bucks to see if Sam got her body back...

Obviously, just because its a Treyarch game and like them better anyway, I'll probably invest in the subscription anyways, but not proudly. I'd much rather have the availability be the same for everyone, especially on zombies.

It's probably wishful thinking, but I still stand by my thoughts that zombies DLC should be available to everyone at the same time. And that's mainly because of the storyline. I don't wanna hear all about the latest and greatest new stuff that's in zombies, learn about the EE's and everything and then by the time it's available for non-subscribers, the hype is already burnt out. Then those EE's suddenly become "so old or so last month" just because I didn't spend the extra 50 bucks to see if Sam got her body back...

What we PS3'ers had to go through the whole time. :(

I will be disappointed if the contract gets reinstated and 360 get it early again. But I won't be as much if only Elite are going to get it early. It means I actually have a choice and chance of getting it first.

But by all means, I'd rather everyone have a level playing field, where we all get the maps at the same time, and are able to hunt maps and discover the story together! :)

Zombies will be a part of elite. I seen it one day when I was checking my stats on my pc at call of duty elite's site. It was only there for a day though. I guess it was them getting ready for Black Op's 2. At the time I thought it was for Black Op's Zombies but now that it's getting closer to release this makes more sense to me. I'm looking forward to in game Zombie challanges and hopefully Zombie killin badges we can all unlock and rock in the multi player mode as well.

To everyone worried about Elite members getting DLC earlier then outhers. Whats the problem? If you want to get to know about everything with everyone else on the release date of any Black Op's 2 DLC just buy an Elite membership. PROBLEM SOLVED I'm an Elite Founder and I see no problem with this. We pay to play first.

Personally I don't see the point in elite at all. You still have to wait for the DLC come out anyway. It's probably because I'm in college and normally have a ton of schoolwork to do why, but I really dont see the point. I've just never been the type of guy to go camp outside a gamestop so I can have the game exactly when it comes out, so why camp for DLC maps essentially?

Not to mention half of the MW3 elite people suck pretty bad in MP, so for zombies I'd rather not go into a zombie match and see people who are "elite" and still suck.

Just my 2 cents.

I'm in college and have Elite. I guess it depends on your situation. For instance, I went to midnight release of MW3 because my friends and I were gonna check it out when we got home. We were up till about 4 am checking it all out.

Also, for me at least, I like to have new maps as early as I can. I enjoy playing new things. If there was a zombie map out and I had to wait for it while others explored their little hearts out(sorry PS3), I would hate it. Not to mention, if I'm going to buy the DLC anyway, I save money with Elite. I paid $40 for Elite(Hardened Edition). If there are 4 map packs, I saw $20. IF there are 3 map packs, I save $5. Not to mention I was able to sell my Founders Code on eBay for $36. So in other words, I paid $4 for Elite. Totally worth it for me.