What specialty weapons do you want?

The crossbow and ballistic knife were great add ons to black ops. But with the game moving to the future, I doubt they'll make a return.

So I ask what "new" speciality weapon would you like besides the basic guns?

I personally would like to see some sort of laser. Maybe only a one time use thing, so it doesn't become too OP, but I think it would be epic. And I would love to see the tomahawk make a return, because that was by far my favorite piece of lethal equipment.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The crossbow and ballistic knife were great add ons to black ops. But with the game moving to the future, I doubt they'll make a return.

I personally would like to see some sort of laser. Maybe only a one time use thing, so it doesn't become too OP, but I think it would be epic. And I would love to see the tomahawk make a return, because that was by far my favorite piece of lethal equipment.

I want to see the Riot Shield and an Assault Shield. The difference is that the Riot Shield gives better protection while the Assault Shield allows you to hipfire with any weapon with the duel wield/akimbo attachment.

I also want to see the crossbow moved to a primary weapon, most likely a "sniper rifle".

I want to see the Riot Shield and an Assault Shield. The difference is that the Riot Shield gives better protection while the Assault Shield allows you to hipfire with any weapon with the duel wield/akimbo attachment.

I also want to see the crossbow moved to a primary weapon, most likely a "sniper rifle".

I love the idea of bringin the crossbow into primary weapon catagory, maybe with a non explosive bolt however. Maybe explosive bolts are attachments?

I love the idea of bringin the crossbow into primary weapon catagory, maybe with a non explosive bolt however. Maybe explosive bolts are attachments?

That's was my thought, they'd be balanced by having more drop than the normal bolts.

I recall seeing in the Gametrailers interview with Mark Lamia that someone posted in the zombies section that there was a point where a developer was working on the hand structure of someone holding something that looked a lot like a riot shield. He aslo talked about a scope for snipers being able to see through and also a capability to charge snipers to penetrate thicker surfaces, and this was around when he was talking about MP.

He aslo ominously added "campers beware".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

You should be able to harpoon someone and have it be an auto kill. The advantages could be that you reel them in with a crank and scavenge all of their ammo and all of their equipment. The risk is obviously that it will take like ten or more seconds to reel them in. Once you do that you relock the harpoon and can reuse it as much as you want. I would like to see that mostly because it supplies you with the ability to resupply at a great risk but also because you can use it as a sniper rifle occasionally depending on your strategy.

to crank it you must tap square or x as fast as you can. The more you tap it the faster it comes. (that's what she said) I don't think there are enough instances in call of duty where you can do that. Another idea us the ability to tap rapidly in order to unstick yourself. This makes the bolt or Semtex or whatever drop to the ground so it can still kill you if you don't run away during that split second.