Do you have "IT"?

Beautiful sunny day in PA. Was out driving and reflecting on this past week. A few unsuccessful attempts on way2g00's fun challenge somehow got me thinking.

I might be a black sheep.

BTW someone mentioned I have not complained about my wife lately. For the record she is actually quite lovely, no idea why she is with me.

After many random games and met many great players, my PS3 list is filled with unselfish, team oriented bad ass MFers who could easily take over games when things go south. They have "IT", the all powerful unexplainable unobtainable talent blessed by super naturals.

I on the other hand blessed with the anecdote for "IT". I look good in solo games doing cutbacks and 8s as well as your favorite YouTubers, but somehow rarely in games when they matter. In co-op I often die four times knifing before round 5. As I sit in my chair I could feel the force of the dark cloud hanging over me. Many great games off to excellent starts somehow plagued by my terrible curses. Even some of the greats have told me somehow they get sloppy watching me play.

Maybe my inconsistency is normal. Maybe there are many out there who take chances stumble in the easiest rounds. Maybe even Superhand at times feels he let down his team. But I seem to deal with bad luck all the time. Last night another rage quit from random after two clear attempts at revive.

Do you have it? Do you always seem to rise at the right occasions? Or are you another Jay?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe even Superhand at times feels he let down his team.

Let me tell you something; if I'm not really feeling up to playing, feeling a bit lazy, just having some careless fun with friends or just playing for the sake of it, I can be a terrible player, some people I've played with can vouch for this. Though if I'm in the mood, I won't go down and won't miss a revive, people I've played with can tell you this too.

What I'm saying is, I don't think anyone is gonna play their best or even play well every time they pick up the controller, it's nothing to feel bad about ;)

Maybe even Superhand at times feels he let down his team.

Let me tell you something; if I'm not really feeling up to playing, feeling a bit lazy, just having some careless fun with friends or just playing for the sake of it, I can be a terrible player, some people I've played with can vouch for this. Though if I'm in the mood, I won't go down and won't miss a revive, people I've played with can tell you this too.

What I'm saying is, I don't think anyone is gonna play their best or even play well every time they pick up the controller, it's nothing to feel bad about ;)

I agree with every single thing he said.

Also, Jay, if you find it in your soul, let's be friends on PSN. No idea why we aren't. Been meaning to play with you dude.

I agree with every single thing he said.

Also, Jay, if you find it in your soul, let's be friends on PSN. No idea why we aren't. Been meaning to play with you dude.

You got it sir. Although I really am as awful as I claim to be.

I am on most nights 11:30PM-1:00AM EST (GMT +4). I'll request you when I get on. Tonight or tomorrow.

Well, I used to think I was just a good player, but I had a game a while back, to 50, where I went down on round 3 and did not go down again until the suicide. Granted, it was Moon and I was a freak of nature with all my perks, but still, not going down for basically an entire 50 round game takes some skill.

I'm like Superhands. When I'm in my mode and in the game, I just simply will not go down. But it's not really the lack of skill that kills me, it's the my attention span. A few hours into the game, at around the mid 40's, I usually start to become sleepy and I let my mind drift off to other things. That's when things start getting bad for me.

EDIT: Okay, totally not comparing myself to Superhands. He is twice the player I will ever be. But all I'm saying is that, when I'm at my top, I'm pretty damned good. And when I'm at my lowest, I'm pretty damned bad. :p

Tough question. Man I'd love to say that anytime I want to really knuckle down and play well I do....but there are occasions when for whatever reason I'm just not feeling it and playing well then requires far too much effort.

My biggest issue when playing bad is that my reactions just aren't there. Playing the way I play on an 8 sensitivity when it goes wrong I can't get out of all the situations I normally do. My cut backs suddenly go from spot on 180 turns to more like 150, or 210. That difference will get you killed in the wrong area.

When I do play well though I think I do have IT. Playing with friends, for all my talk of messing around I know I can always clutch a round if I have to. Generally though if I'm playing well my friends will never die out ;)

I definitly have "It". If I want a game to keep going there is no way that game is going to end unless we lag out. Except maybe a few occasions like 92 on ascension, and 77 COTD. I honestly havent seen a real game over screen in months on zombies it always says not enough players to continue. I will give you a tip for zombies though, skill is needed at some points but its mostly all in your mind. If you believe you can do something in zombies then you can. Its a very simple game if you think about it. 24 zombies spawn at once so if you know where they will spawn and exactly where they will be and when they will be there technically there is no way to die. You have to be a expert to know all this though. You can do anything if you can think fast enough and make a strategy of what you are going to do in 1 second. Think of all the possibilities that could go wrong and be prepared for anything.

I'm changing my mind on this now.

I made this post, thinking back to my old co-op days. I have now played 4 co-op games, all but one past 30. In around 130 rounds I have gone down twice, both times on COTD due to an unknown player shooting George just as I was trying to delay getting an ammo for this same player. On round 14, and then within 3 seconds I was downed again.

I think that all the solo stuff I have done, especially Kino no perks, Verruckt Thompson and NML have made me a much better co-op player.

A lot of the mistakes I used to make just don't happen anymore.

At the risk of sounding an arrogant arsehole I think my kiting ability has been transformed into one of the best in the world. Added to a bit more zombie maturity and there you have it. The real test will be playing on a 3 bar to the States over the next week or so.

And how well me and Super do on first room.

I will make a bold statement though - I am pretty certain that we will get at least 1 World Record this week.