Multiplayer Improvements

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big maps with tanks (CLAWs) and WAR game mode.

More special weapons, its always nice to use Crossbow, Ballistic knife and flamethrower.

Ranked dedicated servers.

Mod tools with radiant!

Elite for PC.

Dev console

Fow change options.

More different kind of killstreaks.

Variety in maps.

Better spawns.

Max players cap to 24 from 18 in ranked servers.

Better hit reg

No lag comp

I just want a change to the melee system, something a lot like counter-strike, where the knife has to be pulled out before you can kill someone with it, sort of like the ballistic knife, but instead of being a secondary weapon, equip it to the D-Pad, one press of the D-Pad, knife is drawn, then you can use it.

Basically, I hate panic knifing.

Knife needs to be equipped

Tanks

Slower pace (like WAW and COD4) which would also remove "ghetto shotguns" or quickscoping

Overhaul the spawn system

Use the point streak system to encourage teamwork and objective play

Make guns feel different. Recently in COD all guns have felt the same

Map variety

Remove map voting

Spawning definitely needs work done to get it up to scratch - number of awful spawns on MW3 is ridiculous, to the point that I've played a match on Dome and the other team are actually camping in such a way that they can kill you as soon as you spawn every single time.

Knifing also needs improving, would like to see it slightly harder to kill with (i.e less panic knifing), as well as lots more consistency - number of times it lunges compared with number of times it doesn't lunge is mind-boggling).

Better maps - with MW3, all the maps have the same sort of fell to them in terms of how the map plays, especially on objective modes. Admittedly, I've found the new maps to be slightly better suited for objective modes, but the other maps all feel slightly similar, IMO.

Killstreaks - some improvements needed for the strike package system, mainly for support which shouldn't give you things like Stealth Bombers and EMPs, although I can see how it helps newer players. But, with the futuristic setting, 3arc have lots of room to play around with MP, but especially with things like Killstreaks.

Some new gamemodes would be nice (especially nice if War came back). Get rid of Team Defender, keep Kill Confirmed. Could possibly introduce something similar to Headhunter or Stockpile from Halo:Reach (not saying these exact modes, but just something new and different).

More focus on objectives. EG - in Dom, taking a point for the entire cap time = 2 points, more than 25% of cap time = 1 point. If you are capping for 50% of cap time but then die, and point still capped, you get 1 point as a Capture assist. This is basically trying to reward players who play the gamemode, and stop people diving in to a Domination flag at the last second while someone else does all the work.

Sorry for the block of text ;)

Am I the only one who really doesn't like the idea of Vehicles in Call of Duty? :lol:

Probably not, but at the same time, Tanks in WaW could be really fun. They could always put gamemodes with vehicles into their own playlist, so you can avoid them.

Tanks were fun, but unfair. It was pretty much just instant dogs for whoever was in it.

I hope they use both time periods, past and future. Maps could be in differant times, meaning you could be in the Cold War or in the second Cold War. (That is what BO2 campaign is, right?) Also as said I would like a new melee system, I get stabbed way too often while using shotguns or SMGs.

So I came up with some perks using the "leaked" two pro perk system. I also added a fourth tier:

--Perk Ideas--

-Blue Perks

- Flak Jacket: Increases Explosives resistance. Pro I: Immune to fire. Pro II: Allows you to reset the pin on a grenade, adding it to your inventory.

- Lightweight: Increases sprint speed. Pro I: Negates fall damage. Pro II: Recover from dives faster.

- Gambler: Spawns you with a random perk from any tier (Blue 10%, Red 30%, Green 30%, Yellow 30% ) with Stopping Power, Juggernaut, Morale!, Shocker, and Flak Jacket at lower percentages. Pro I: Increases chance of Stopping Power, Juggernaut, Morale!, Shocker, and Flak Jacket being selected. Pro II: Increases chance of Ninja, Spy, Assassin, and Ghost.

- Sleight of Hand: Increases speed of reload on normal weapons. Pro I: Increases speed of reload on under barrel attachments and launchers. Pro II: Increases speed of equipment usage.

- Ninja: Reduces footsteps noise by 75%. Pro I: Increases enemy footsteps noise by 50%. Pro II: Decreases vaulting noise.

- Anarchist: Allows you to booby trap enemy carepackages. Pro I: When you die your

dropped weapon becomes booby trapped, killing any enemy who tries to pick it up. Pro II: Increased explosive damage.

- Steady Aim: Reduces spread. Pro I: Recoil for semi-automatics/bolt actions is reduced. Pro II: Less sway on sniper rifles.

-Bladesman: Increases knife speed. Pro I: Decreases recovery time after a knife lunge. Pro II: Less drop on Tomahawks and Ballistics knives.

- Hardline: Decreases kills needed for a killstreak by one. Pro I: Allows you to reroll

Carepackages. Pro II: Allows a second equipment slot (Press right on D-Pad to scroll between the two).

- Ghost: Makes you invisible to UAV’s and Thermal scopes. Pro I: Makes you invisible to unmanned Air Support. Pro II: Ghillie up.

-Red Perks

- Stopping Power: Increases Damage. Pro I: Increases damage after penetration through

objects in the battlefield. Pro II: Increases penetration through enemies.

- Juggernaut: Increases damage resistance. Pro I: Marks enemy who attacked you on map for five seconds. Pro II: Take even less damage when crouched.

- Battle Scarred: Reduces flinch. Pro I: Increases flinch on attacked enemies. Pro II: Scopes and ACOGs receive even less flinch.

- Demo Man: Increases range of explosives (excluding equipment). Pro I: Allows you to replace your tactical grenade with a primary one. Pro II: Increases explosive damage within 10% of the explosive radius.

- Survivor: Increase health regeneration speed. Pro I: Increase health regeneration speed

even further. Pro II: Increases movement speed while regenerating.

- Technician: Increases effective range of equipment. Pro I: Allows you to carry an extra of your equipment, ie two Claymores. Pro II: Allows you to refuse your teams explosives.

- Spy: Allows you to wear the opposing teams camo set. Pro I: When enemies put their

crosshairs over you, your name won’t appear to them. Pro II: Going prone fakes death.

- Instincts: Increases speed and stamina while injured. Pro I: Increases damage while

injured. Pro II: Increased dive length..

-Recon: Allows you to choose an extra kill streak. Pro I: Allows you to continue a killstreak after death, but you’re set back one kill. Pro II: Triggers UAVs, Advanced UAVs, and CUAVs automatically.

-One Man Army: Allows you to carry two primary weapons (the second one being a light weight weapon [sMGs, Shotguns, and some Assault Rifles]). Pro I: Allows you to carry a handgun/special weapon as well. Pro II: Allows you to carry two full size weapons.

-Green Perks

-Scavenger: Dead enemies drop a green bag containing a magazine for your primary and

secondary weapons. Pro I: Bag contains one lethal and one tactical grenade. Pro II: You gain two magazines for your primary and secondary.

-Sharp Shooter: Increases effectiveness of aim assist by two percent (Adds a three

percent aim assist for PC). Pro I: Increases zoom for ADS (excluding sniper scopes). Pro II: 10% headshot bonus.

-Longshot: Increases effective range of your weapon. Pro I: Increases range of target detection. Pro II: Increases ACOG zoom to 2.5.

-Cover Fire-Allows you to hip-fire around corners or over cover. Pro I: Allows you to throw grenades from cover. Pro II: Allows you to use ADS.

-Bomb Squad: Allows you to detect enemy explosives Pro I: Allows you to defuse enemy explosives. Pro II: Shows nearby teammates where enemy explosives are.

-Anti Virus: Makes it so your equipment can’t be hacked. Pro I: Plants a tracking device on the attempted hacker, allowing you to see them, as long as they’re in one hundred feet of your equipment. Pro II: Shows enemy that it’s been hacked, but will still work for you.

- Marathon: More sprint stamina. Pro I: Pull up weapon faster after sprinting. Pro II: Unlimited sprint.

-Assassin: Drastically increases rate at which you vault objects. Pro I: Reduced fall damage. Pro II: Decreased time to throw tomahawks.

- Instincts: Increases speed and stamina while injured. Pro I: Increases damage while

injured. Pro II: Dive recovery is improved.

- Stalker: Increases speed of strafing. Pro I: Makes you completely silent while stalking an enemy. Pro II: Delays claymore/other equipment detonation.

-Yellow Perks

- Morale!: Decreases plant, defuse, and flag capture time. Pro I: Replenishes health faster when an offense/defense medal has recently been awarded. Pro II: Slight speed and health boost after capturing an objective.

- Hacker: Allows you to see and hack enemy equipment. Pro I: Makes you invisible to

Motion Sensor. Pro II: Shows equipment equipped with Anti-Virus.

-Sacrifice: If you die while on while capturing/planting, or defending/defusing an

objective, you respawn with a ten percent health buff for thirty seconds. Pro I: You will get a five percent health buff for fifteen seconds after that. Pro II: Reduced explosive damage for thirty seconds with the health boost.

-Observant: Allows you to see the glare off of sniper scopes. Pro I: Ghillie suits a more apparent. Pro II: Still enemies have a light glow to them (very slight).

- Marksman: Allows you to hold your breath longer while sniping. Pro I: Allows you to

pull up your scope faster. Pro II: Shows map while scoped.

- Smart Camo: Changes your camo to one better fitting to the map. Pro I: Automatically

changes the camo of you gun to fit the map. Pro II: Camouflages equipment slightly.

- Grounded: Increases damage to Air Support. Pro I: Decreases lock on time for launchers. Pro II: LMGs do extra damage to air support.

- Airforce: Increases damage of Air Support. Pro I: Increases rate of time for Air Support. Pro II: One extra flare.

- Field Medic: Allows you to revive recently downed friendlies. Pro I: Gives you a 5% health boost per revivals in a life. Pro II: Self revival when kill shot is in the legs or arms.

- Tactical Mask: Gas grenades don’t affect you. Pro I: Flash and stun reduction. Pro II: Extra tactical grenade.

i have not played modern warfare 3, so my opinion is not entirely valid, but honestly i do not like the idea of strike packages. i want to be able to set up my killstreaks however i like. with both support and assault killstreaks. i thought black ops had the best killstreak system call of duty has ever had, even if some were overpowered they were lijit hard to get unlike MW2 killstreaks, but offered the same freedom MW2 did.

with regard to vehicles: YES YES YES YES YES DO WANT!!!!!!!

machine pistols: no no no no no just put them in SMG category

shotguns: they are good enough to be primary weapons, but need more attachments and a greater range at which they do little damage like in BF3. believe it or not, shotguns are actually effective in real life!

big maps, bring back war, and slow the pace a bit.

i have not played modern warfare 3, so my opinion is not entirely valid, but honestly i do not like the idea of strike packages. i want to be able to set up my killstreaks however i like. with both support and assault killstreaks. i thought black ops had the best killstreak system call of duty has ever had, even if some were overpowered they were lijit hard to get unlike MW2 killstreaks, but offered the same freedom MW2 did.

shotguns: they are good enough to be primary weapons, but need more attachments and a greater range at which they do little damage like in BF3. believe it or not, shotguns are actually effective in real life!

They need to kick the pace up a bit from Black Ops, not slow it down...
  • 2 weeks later...

They need to kick the pace up a bit from Black Ops, not slow it down...

let me rephrase that. there needs to be a balance of fast-pace and large-scale.

This may be a stretch, but the forge from Halo. It's one of the reasons that I play Halo. Being able to create a map. Also a gametype similar to Invasion from Halo. Basically there are two rounds of three phases. Each phase is one of three gametypes: Assault (S&D with infinite lives), Territories (Headquarters Pro), or One flag CTF (Defending team has to defend the flag instead of going for another. After each round the two teams switch between Attacking and Defending.

NO VEHICLES! VEHICLES COMBINED WITH KILLSTREAKS WOULD BE TOO MUCH! JUST KILL STREAKS.

I would love something like Forge, although I don't quite know how they could implement it. If they made a Forge for Zombies, I would never come off of BO 2 :D .

Invasion could work I think, but they would need to make some larger maps and probably implement some sort of safe spawn zone for each side, which you can't shoot into or out of. Invasion's good because of its progressive style - it sorta reminds of Rush from BF. It means you don't get too bored as the objective changes and so does the area of the map that you're playing in.

• 3 weeks later...