Zombies: Things Treyarch should NOT do

Everyone has been making topics on the things Treyarch should implement in the Black Ops 2 installment of Zombies. With all of those threads in place, I feel it necessary to examine the things that made Zombies so special, and to discuss the things Treyarch should NOT change to ensure that we are all playing the Zombies that we fell in love with. Give me some thoughts :D

For instance, I believe they should keep solo leaderboards OUT of Black Ops 2. Personally, I don't normally keep track of co-op world records on Black Ops because of the amount of glitchers/hackers on the leaderboards. If they add were to add leaderboards to solo play in Black Ops 2, the same would surely happen.

I also would appreciate if they kept Zombies set in the past, rather than in the future (As Black Ops 2 seems to be set in). I really enjoyed the cartoonish, unrealistic, and over-the-top feel that came with Zombies, and I feel that setting the maps in a futuristic setting would take those elements away.

Again, leave some thoughts!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think solo leader boards WILL be in Black Ops 2 because ELITE will be implemented fully. The leader boards themselves get hacked, yes, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to see where you stand. So what if it's off by 20-30 because of some A** who decided to cheat there way to the top. I personally would LOVE a steady solo leaderboard as well as other stats.

Zombies has already been confirmed to be taking it's own path. I wouldn't mind seeing a map or two set in the future though.

As for things I don't want.

HOST ENDED GAME

(player name) HAS TIMED OUT. (when obviously still running.)

I think solo leader boards WILL be in Black Ops 2 because ELITE will be implemented fully. The leader boards themselves get hacked, yes, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to see where you stand. So what if it's off by 20-30 because of some A** who decided to cheat there way to the top. I personally would LOVE a steady solo leaderboard as well as other stats.

Zombies has already been confirmed to be taking it's own path. I wouldn't mind seeing a map or two set in the future though.

As for things I don't want.

HOST ENDED GAME

(player name) HAS TIMED OUT. (when obviously still running.)

Host migration could definitely fix your last concern. However, how would the host migration deal with the difficulty multiplier in terms of Number of players:Number of zombies?. If 4 people left an 8-man game, the remaining 4 players would be faced with 2x the normal amount of zombies they would usually be facing.

I'd be interested to see how Treyarch deal with this.

Remember that zombies will now be running on a modified multiplayer engine, meaning that host migration is a probability. With that being said, a "join session in progress" feature would be nice, particularly for lagouts. As for scaling the player/zombie ratio when players leave, the way I would design it is so that after the round is finished, all subsequent rounds will scale down the zombie count to however many players are left.

As for what I would like to NOT see in BO2 zombies, I would NOT like to see them stray too far from the core game. They need to keep in a classic FOUR player (not eight) round-based survival mode that plays exactly like the first two games did. The eight-player modes are alright (great, actually), as long as they are kept separate from the classic mode. They can have an eight-player survival mode, but they need a four-player mode too for story purposes. Cause come on, you know they'd be douchey and make an eight-player only easter egg.

I think they should add a feature that would allow you to immediately rejoin a session that you were disconnected from, especially if they add host migration, too.

As for what I wouldn't want, I don't think it would be wise to just throw all the new features into one or two new game modes, they need to have several new game modes, at least 6, hopefully more. Spread out the new features too, create a nice little mix of everything, so that everyone can play a mode that best suits what they want in a zombies match.

Who cares if someone mods or glitches the leaderboards? That doesnt mean you cant beat it. Just be better than the modders! In black ops this is not possible though, all the maps on xbox are capped at 2hrs 59mins 59secs. I could get to any round I want to but I cant time it perfectly down to the seconds.

Who cares if someone mods or glitches the leaderboards? That doesnt mean you cant beat it. Just be better than the modders! In black ops this is not possible though, all the maps on xbox are capped at 2hrs 59mins 59secs. I could get to any round I want to but I cant time it perfectly down to the seconds.

Exactly. Personally, I don't really care about who is first, I just try my best to obtain a respectable score myself, and I do like being able to see how far the people I play with have gone as well as it usually tells me how the match will go.

If I have made it to a really high round on a map, then I would certainly like to be able to show it off to other players. Not to gloat, but rather to show that I actually take this game seriously and will dedicate myslef to reaching higher rounds. The point is that it's more of a for personal use kind of thing.

I do care about the ledaerboards, all I am trying to say is every game has some people that cheat and im sure black ops 2 isnt going to be any different. That doesnt mean its impossible to beat cheaters though. I will be #1 on every map when black ops 2 comes out. No matter what round I have to make it to I will be #1! If people glitch/mod that is just more motivation to take their record. Just look at the top of the leadeboards when black ops 2 comes out and believe me you will see Hoardkillrepeat up there ;)