Is anyone else...disappointed?

Idk, when I heard blops 2 was coming out, I was really exited. Then wen I heard all the details, I started he a little dissapointed. 2025? 8 player zonbies? Not playing as original characters? (campaign, obviously- we haven't gotten enough details)

Anyways, was anyone else disappointed when they heard this news? I know all of the hardcore cod fanboys are going to jump on and be like, "oh my gawd like how could you say that? All cods are greä and mw3 was futuristic and it was the BEST ONE! So this could only be better right! (Not naming names, just saying...)

Pretty much, I think I'm going to (with the exception of zombies, I will always play zombies!) ditch call of duty as a whole. I think ill just stick to battlefield, fallout, and w@w and before cod's until cod actually makes a campaign with playing, ( and that doesn't make a jump fron the 60s to freakin 2025!) and fun multiplayer, (cod multiplayer doesn't impress

muh as it is, I much prefer battlefield and medal of honor multiplayer.)

Does anyone else feel this way?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, I like yov Eddie, bvt please do shvt vp.

Yov know nothing of the game itself, yov've only seen a two minute trailer. Yov really shovldn't jvdge an entire game on two minvtes.

8 player is specvlated to be an entirely different game mode.

I think Treyarch said that 4 player wovld retvrn as Classic Mode.

So what, we're not allowed to voice our opinions?

It wasn't All about the 8 player thing, and you please shut up and quit saying that I only watched the "two minute trailer". I've read every piece of info I could on it, and I mainly was saying that taking place in 2025 was going to be real odd.

I was shoked too. But after thinking of it, I'm now kinda happy. We have absolutely seen the current and previous guns, enemies, helicopters, ships, boats and and and. Just seen it long enough.

Instead of a Black Ops 1.1, we get a Black Ops 2.0 ;) thinking of blasting away zombies with Plasma and Laser Guns as non-special wonderguns makes me feel good.

Therefore, I'm not disappointed it begin a future thing.

There's nothing wrong with expressing your expectations of the game. But I do agree it is far too early to bash the game for the single player. I like the idea of creating branching paths in the story, which allows for replayability when I go back to beat the game on Veteran.

As for zombies, Lamia did say that the classic, 4 player mode is returning. The 8 player stuff is in the other modes, and if you still don't enjoy them when it comes out, then no one is forcing you to play that game mode, you are free to play the classic mode all you want.

Yov know nothing of the game itself, yov've only seen a two minute trailer. Yov really shovldn't jvdge an entire game on two minvtes.

In America we preach freedom of speech. We believe one's opinion should be respected even if you disagree. Eddie was merely expressing himself, as a member he is entitled to his opinion.

In America we preach freedom of speech. We believe one's opinion should be respected even if you disagree. Eddie was merely expressing himself, as a member he is entitled to his opinion.

Why is everyone thinking I was trying to stomp on his rights?

Besides. I have the right to voice my opinion of his opinion.

There's nothing wrong with expressing your expectations of the game. But I do agree it is far too early to bash the game for the single player. I like the idea of creating branching paths in the story, which allows for replayability when I go back to beat the game on Veteran.

As for zombies, Lamia did say that the classic, 4 player mode is returning. The 8 player stuff is in the other modes, and if you still don't enjoy them when it comes out, then no one is forcing you to play that game mode, you are free to play the classic mode all you want.

Well said. I think this quote represents the situation rather well:

"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future."

-JFK (sound familiar? ;) )

Well said. I think this quote represents the situation rather well:

"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future."

-JFK (sound familiar? ;) )

I always look too far ahead, and miss the guy sneaking up behind me.

Real life AND CoD. ;)

I've only gotten into shooters in the past two years and haven't played many other shooters other than COD (unless you count Portal 2 as a shooter :)) so I can't be the one to judge whether the other games are better.

I'm pretty excited mostly because MW3 disappointed me, it wasn't hyped up well and wasn't given the attention it should have, campaign wasn't great, very vertical & lots of breaching, MP is just repetitive after a while and SO isn't to my taste.

I say this game has been hyped VERY well and want to see where this leads us. 8 player zombies will probably only be for different game types, I mean the possibilities are endless. I must admit though when I first heard that zombies was becoming 8 players I was: :o :shock: :shock: :? :| :):D

It doesn't matter if you don't like the campaign or MP, there will always be zombies which we can rely on.

-JFK (sound familiar? )

Am I the only one that imagined this in his voice?

I've only gotten into shooters in the past two years and haven't played many other shooters other than COD (unless you count Portal 2 as a shooter :)) so I can't be the one to judge whether the other games are better.

I'm pretty excited mostly because MW3 disappointed me, it wasn't hyped up well and wasn't given the attention it should have, campaign wasn't great, very vertical & lots of breaching, MP is just repetitive after a while and SO isn't to my taste.

I say this game has been hyped VERY well and want to see where this leads us. 8 player zombies will probably only be for different game types, I mean the possibilities are endless. I must admit though when I first heard that zombies was becoming 8 players I was: :o :shock: :shock: :? :| :):D

It doesn't matter if you don't like the campaign or MP, there will always be zombies which we can rely on.

-JFK (sound familiar? )

Am I the only one that imagined this in his voice?

I couldn't agree with you more. And no, you weren't the only one ;)

In soviet Russia tankeo oppressed by You!

Anyways I'm extremely disappointed with BO2. I understand though that there was no other option, WW2 is a long over fad by now, no one really liked the 60's idea, IW was already strangling the very life out of Call of Battle Modern Company. In a way it was either the future or WW1 and a ww1 game would suit the leigons of fanboys so badly the stock would plummet the hells basement.

And wtf was the horse part??!? I don't think even the devs know what the hell that was about.

I too am extremely dissapointed in the 35 seconds of the game I have seen, As a matter of fact I've already reviewed the game and gave it 6 due to it's lack of innovation and the fact that it is making changes to the established COD formula.

Also I'll go out on limb and say the new zombie mode will suck because they are trying to bring something new to the table, and we all know that all gamers want is the same exact thing year after year.

So in short I have already decided this game will be bad and now I'm going to go to websites dedicated to this game and complain about how much they have ruined the franchise.

/Sarcasm/

Really, do you guys see how ridiculous this sounds? Do the above sentences sound like they came out of rational, logical mind?

The thing I'm disappointed with most is that CoD used to be all about making the war games based of history. Of course, you can only make so many WW era games before it's basically same shit, different day. But even jumping into the MW series was a brave stretch for CoD, but it turned out to be CoD's biggest success because everyone liked it so much. However, it was borderline "unrealistic" because of some events covered in the trilogy, but not enough to hurt what CoD is. I'm very skeptical of the timeline and story of Blops 2 because of that. It literally looks like Halo and Ghost Recon had a baby, and that's another thing; all the "latest and greatest" shooters out there are games like Battlefield, Halo, Ghost Recon, Medal of Honor and they all lately are covering the whole modern/futuristic aspect of shooters in gaming. And now that CoD just hopped on the bandwagon, they are no different, and that disappoints me.

They haven't even shown gameplay yet. It really is too early to determine whether or not it's a disappointing game, all we've heard is little bits of info released by Treyarch. You are more than entitled to express the fact that you don't like the concept, but I don't think it's worth it to give it a shot. What if Treyarch makes a totally awesome game and really hits the whole futuristic nail right on the head?

Just by assuming the game will suck already sets one's expectations low, and when you play it for the first time, you will go in with the mindset that you will not completely enjoy it, and so you won't. Is it too hard to keep an open mind? Who knows, it just may turn out to be a great game after all.

They haven't even shown gameplay yet. It really is too early to determine whether or not it's a disappointing game, all we've heard is little bits of info released by Treyarch. You are more than entitled to express the fact that you don't like the concept, but I don't think it's worth it to give it a shot. What if Treyarch makes a totally awesome game and really hits the whole futuristic nail right on the head?

Just by assuming the game will suck already sets one's expectations low, and when you play it for the first time, you will go in with the mindset that you will not completely enjoy it, and so you won't. Is it too hard to keep an open mind? Who knows, it just may turn out to be a great game after all.

He makes a good point here. If you are expecting what all the other games have had, then the experience could be seriously ruined when it is a totally fine game.

There's no denial that it will be a great game. I think Treyarch is a better company for the job and has yet to disappoint me, personally. However I'm simply stating in my own opinion that it's just not the CoD we all know and love, it's become more of everything else that's popular and has completely swayed, rather than what we are used to. Who knows? It could be just what CoD needs for all I know. But it still doesn't change that they aren't the first to do it, and are just in line of other popular futuristic/modern shooters at this point.

here's the thing Everybody said the same thing when MW came out. "Oh it's not COD, Oh it's ruining the spirit of the game, blah blah blah." But then after MW 3ARC puts out W@W and then it's "They can't go back to WWII it's step back, oh it'll suck WWII weapons were lame, this will be the end of the franchise." FFS they just can't win.

MW changed everything every big-budget shooter to come out since (Aside from Halo and Bioshock) has been a cheap knock-off of MW. Now that 3ARC are doing something to change it up they are being accused of ripping off the games that ripped off MW. WTF?!?

The future setting of COD is what it needed to re-invent itself. This will be the next movement in shooters. And I'm sure EA will put out a shallow knockoff the next year.

The comparisons to Halo are not warrented. Nothing in this trailer reminds me of Halo two completely different settings and gameplay styles. If anything the latest entries for Halo have ripped off COD's Mp style to small extent.

BF3, MW3, MOH, Halo. None of these are/were set in the same timeline of Blops2.

Saying it's like Halo because they're both in the future is like saying Assasins Creed and God of War are the same cause they're both set in the past. The timeframes you're comparing are 1000's of years apart. I don't think We'll be shooting Plasma Rifles or fighting with Laser swords...

here's the thing Everybody said the same thing when MW came out. "Oh it's not COD, Oh it's ruining the spirit of the game, blah blah blah." But then after MW 3ARC puts out W@W and then it's "They can't go back to WWII it's step back, oh it'll suck WWII weapons were lame, this will be the end of the franchise." FFS they just can't win.

MW changed everything every big-budget shooter to come out since (Aside from Halo and Bioshock) has been a cheap knock-off of MW. Now that 3ARC are doing something to change it up they are being accused of ripping off the games that ripped off MW. WTF?!?

The future setting of COD is what it needed to re-invent itself. This will be the next movement in shooters. And I'm sure EA will put out a shallow knockoff the next year.

The comparisons to Halo are not warrented. Nothing in this trailer reminds me of Halo two completely different settings and gameplay styles. If anything the latest entries for Halo have ripped off COD's Mp style to small extent.

BF3, MW3, MOH, Halo. None of these are/were set in the same timeline of Blops2.

Saying it's like Halo because they're both in the future is like saying Assasins Creed and God of War are the same cause they're both set in the past. The timeframes you're comparing are 1000's of years apart. I don't think We'll be shooting Plasma Rifles or fighting with Laser swords...

Very true. Black Ops II isn't even in the far future, only about 13 years or so ahead. Lamia even said that the technology they will have is stuff that we could see become a reality within the next decade or so, and one of the main things about the game, too, is that it's suppose to point out the dangers cyber terrorism can really present and how much of reality this really is.

If anything, this game could possibly even be labeled as realistic, or at least after a few years or so it can. Now of course, the whole combat system is a bit exaggerated and zombies is not even close to being plausible, at least not like that. But the point being, the new technology presented in this game is based off prototypes and designs currently out there (quadrotor anyone?)

And we will most certainly be seeing an entire plethora of new games coming out in with very similar backrounds and story lines.

I was really disappointed when I heard that the campaign will change due to your decisions.

I play the campaign because I want one simple story filled with bad ass events. I don't want to choose one thing wrong in the story and f**k the whole campaign up. They should just leave the campaign be, I liked it the was they had it. One cool story, awesome twists, touching parts, and that's it.

There, I'm glad I got that off my chest.