Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Doggy II

Your view of Human Life and World History

Thanks for proving my point, Doggy. The child would be raised in a bad/unprepared environment.

Also, I agree with Mac. Adoption is almost never a happy experience.

Thanks for proving my point, Doggy. The child would be raised in a bad/unprepared environment.

Mate, I find your signature rather offensive, so I kindly ask if you could please remove it or change it into something less offensive.

Next topic.

What or who taught you your beliefs and morals?

To those who follow religion, why do you follow? Do you believe in it because of the morals they teach you or is it something more? I'd like to know.

Awards

My values and morals are self-taught through experience. I was once religious, but decided it wasn't me for many different reasons, so I decided to pave my own path and set my own values so I know I'm being me at all times.

Mate, I find your signature rather offensive, so I kindly ask if you could please remove it or change it into something less offensive.

I'm gonna change it 'cause StarwrsBob's breathing down my neck about it, but, pray tell what is so offensive about it? They are valid thoughts/question. Could you maybe provide explanations answering them?

I'm gonna change it 'cause StarwrsBob's breathing down my neck about it, but, pray tell what is so offensive about it? They are valid thoughts/question. Could you maybe provide explanations answering them?

Okay, if someone has "Jesus loves you" in their sig, will ya make them change it too? C'mon, this ain't nazi Germany.

Awards

No, they were not valid questions nor thoughts. In the first statement, you were reducing God to an object from our imaginations. If you don't believe in God, cool, but don't go around saying that he's an imaginary friend. If you believe that, well then keep it to yourself as you will be offending many people, unless that is your true intention. In the second statement about Adam and Eve, you were just trying to bring up questions that have been already answered as an attempt to find another excuse to critisize religions. To answer your first question, you were unfairly critisizing my believes and those of many others, and I find that simply unjust. We all have the right to believe in anything we want to, but sometimes you must hesitate from publicly expressing your believes as you could be making others around you feel uncomfortable, and this could lead to people hating you for your believes.

Okay, if someone has "Jesus loves you" in their sig, will ya make them change it too? C'mon, this ain't nazi Germany.

You're right, this isn't Nazi Germany. This is a community where we respect everyone's oppinions and believes, but you must realize that writing "Jesus Loves You" is completely irrelevant to any type of critisism. It's simply an expression used by all sorts of Christians reminding them that Jesus loves them all. If somebody felt offended with that statement, he might as well kindly ask the user to please remove it or change it into something less offensive.

After writing this, I feel no type of hate towards both of you, and I hope you know that I did not write this out of hate but me deffending my believes when they were unfairly attacked.

- Doggy II

I would like to applaud Doggy for the way he has expressed his opinions throughout this thread.

The staff have been concerned about this topic however it appears to have been proven that our users can discuss this in a (mostly) mature and non argumentative topic.

I would like to state what is in my opinion, the most 'correct' way of dealing with issues of free speech and political correctness.

Free speech and political correctness can be said to oppose each other. Using free speech you can say politically incorrect things and not worry about the consequences.

However, in using this website whilst you feel entitled to free speech, the owners and staff have to moderate this as they see fit. They do not have to respect your right to free speech when it is something that offends someone else.

Here are statements that could offend people, and a small difference which to me makes it ok -

Jesus loves you - Jesus loves me.

In God We Trust - In God I Trust.

God does not exist - I do not believe in God.

Happy Christmas - Happy Holidays.

God Bless you - Bless you.

Now, in my personal opinion none of these statements actually offend me.

Jesus loves me, and God Bless you are the ones I least like to hear due to my own beliefs. Please remember to think on both sides of this, from both a God believing and Non believing.

When someone tells me Jesus loves you, the first thing I think is that they pity me in some way, and that they are feeling superior. Whilst this is not true in the majority of cases, I have meet plenty of people who do say these statements with a feeling of superiority.

I don't really have a tangent I'm following with this post, just trying to play devils advocate somewhat and show things from both sides of the argument.

When it comes to Religion, please consider carefully how your statements may be taken by someone who has a differing view point :)

Something that causes discomfort. Question religion all you want but do not cannot discriminate against with words such as imaginary and then make such a bold inquiry, specifically directed at blacks.

If you believe religion to be an archaic mode of thinking, and an ignorant belief, fine. But remember this: ignorance can be considered an evil, but seeking to punish the ignorant can be considered an even greater evil. The object of life is to coexist and emphasize the individual beliefs of man over the overarching equality that some seek. Often times the need to achieve knowledge (in the case of conflicts against religion) leads to conflict, unnecessary and often of regressive nature.

[tab][/tab]I am by no means questioning anyone's beliefs or discriminating against any parties. Don't do the same. There is a difference between genuine questions and rhetorical questions. Remember that.

Ehj~

Well said Eye.

At the end of it all, there are arguments for and against different beliefs. Some people believe that God created the Earth and everything in it, whilst others believe in The Big Bang Theory. There is no conclusive proof of either, hence why people choose to believe in one and not the other. You shouldn't suggest that someone is mentally unhinged for believing in a superior being, when you're choosing to believe what someone is telling you just because they have a Degree, when there is no concrete evidence to back up their claims. At the same time, you shouldn't call someone a bad person for choosing not to believe what's written in the Bible. While it's fine to express that you don't believe in something that someone else does believe in, there is no call for belittling people and trying to force your views upon them. I have absolutely no respect for the guy that says, "You will go to hell for not believing in God", or likewise for the guy that says, "How can you say God exists when this or that has occured?".

Thankfully, most of us here are considerate and mature about the matter. Just such a shame the rest of the world doesn't think similarly.

Awards

Yes, again alot of the people here on the site (and internet as whole, really) aren't religious. I'm not offended if you say God sucks, I'm not offended if you say people who don't believe in god are stupid. However, some things do cross the line and we need to watch out for it. We don't want Anyone feeling alienated, or picked on, or left out on this site.

Awards

I was asked by a staff member a few days ago how I felt about Tankeo's signature, and I personally see no issue with it. I saw it as more of a philosophical standpoint and personally I don't feel it should have been changed.

However, since I wrote the new Code of Conduct, I stand by it and if someone was offended, then te change was necessary.

I was asked by a staff member a few days ago how I felt about Tankeo's signature, and I personally see no issue with it. I saw it as more of a philosophical standpoint and personally I don't feel it should have been changed.

However, since I wrote the new Code of Conduct, I stand by it and if someone was offended, then te change was necessary.

That is how I meant it to be.

I would like to apologize to anyone I have offended with my signature. I wasn't trying to attack anyone's faith, simply raise some questions that could lead to discussion. Stuff like debating (and things like this thread) is a great interest of mine.

In regards to my statement being racist, I honestly never saw it being construed in that way, as every single depiction of Adam and Eve was white, not a single time any other color, so I figured it was safe to assume that. 

The beggining, where I compared God to an imaginary friend could have used better wording... Or something. Maybe an explanation. What it means to say, (tactlessly as it did) is that if one person clad to speak to/believe in a being that has no conclusive proof as to it's existence,  they are deemed, as Ehj said, to have a mental illness. Or something. 

However, if a mass of people believe that the being is there it is socially acceptable.

In short, I wasn't trying to hurt anyone, I simply wanted to make people think when they saw it. A signature probably wasn't the best way to do it.

That is how I meant it to be.

I would like to apologize to anyone I have offended with my signature. I wasn't trying to attack anyone's faith, simply raise some questions that could lead to discussion. Stuff like debating (and things like this thread) is a great interest of mine.

In regards to my statement being racist, I honestly never saw it being construed in that way, as every single depiction of Adam and Eve was white, not a single time any other color, so I figured it was safe to assume that. 

The beggining, where I compared God to an imaginary friend could have used better wording... Or something. Maybe an explanation. What it means to say, (tactlessly as it did) is that if one person clad to speak to/believe in a being that has no conclusive proof as to it's existence,  they are deemed, as Ehj said, to have a mental illness. Or something. 

However, if a mass of people believe that the being is there it is socially acceptable.

In short, I wasn't trying to hurt anyone, I simply wanted to make people think when they saw it. A signature probably wasn't the best way to do it.

That's very intellectual if you. Also, what happened to your username...?

Awards

What's wrong in discussing the questions these statements bring up in a mature and controlled manner?

I don't want a CoDz war of Religion to start. If you do, go ahead, but make another thread about it. From now on, we will not discuss religion in this thread.

- Doggy II

But hadn't we already? I was under the impression that the poin of this thread was to discuss controversial topics in a mature and constructive way. It didn't cause any wars before, so why would it now?

Oh believe me someone will always run off the tracks. Anyways, someone want to pose a new question to discuss?

Awards

^ Well I'm neither a governmental figure nor living in the middle east, so I've have no cause to look at it - Irony is if I looked into it I probably would, and still it wouldn't matter, I mean we still wouldn't be in a position to justifiably give a view as we're neither of the above :3

It's my chance...um.... DERP

What is you're opinion on NATO(or just the untied states) supporting Israel?

Well, first of all, is this Israel joining NATO? Or the fact that NATO is supporting Israel in the Arab-Israeli conflict?

Or neither?

Awards

Call of Duty Zombies Code of Conduct

The Code of Conduct (CoC for short) for using the website can be found here

Our Privacy / Cookie Policy

Call of Duty Zombies privacy policy / cookie information can be found here

Our Terms of Use

The terms of use can be found here

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, Code of Conduct, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. .