Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Doggy II

Your view of Human Life and World History

Because in my eyes, men strive to be everything a woman wants. When they see a pretty girl that they can envision themselves with, they get timid because the woman might not think they are what they are looking for and the man is left empty-handed. On the surface, I think it is the fear of rejection with a dash of underlying craving to be perfect for women and the fear of not meeting up to their standards.

Because in my eyes, men strive to be everything a woman wants. When they see a pretty girl that they can envision themselves with, they get timid because the woman might not think they are what they are looking for and the man is left empty-handed. On the surface, I think it is the fear of rejection with a dash of underlying craving to be perfect for women and the fear of not meeting up to their standards.

I was going to say this. You beat me to it...

Awards

Let's continue the discussion, as this thread is very interesting. As you may have noticed, the title now includes World History. Aside from human life, we will also discuss different events in History that could have different points of views. Let us start, shall we?

Do you think that the Japanese expansionism had a positive result in the different islands of the Pacific during World War II? Explain

This may not make sense but it did. I think the more islands they controlled, the less they could control. This happens all the time when people try to conquer too much land.

Awards

This may not make sense but it did. I think the more islands they controlled, the less they could control. This happens all the time when people try to conquer too much land.

I agree completely.

I agree completely.

Look at Nazi Germany. They had the same problem.

Awards

On one hand it spread Japans resources thinner and made it easier for the allies to attack and weakenen the Imperial Army. But on the other hand it affected the people in these occupied areas severely since the Japanese had a habit of killing, torturing and raping most of the people they came across. If I'm not mistaken the Japanese also used up the natural resources that belonged to the natives in order to keep their war machine going.

Do you think that the Japanese expansionism had a positive result in the different islands of the Pacific during World War II? Explain

The answer to this question is no, and here is why. He is not asking if the expansionism had a positive result for the U.S., he's asking if it had a positive result in the islands. When Japan took over countries, they often set up outposts to run expirements on the citizens of that location, usually with the result of death to many. Because of that, the answer is simply no.

The answer to this question is no, and here is why. He is not asking if the expansionism had a positive result for the U.S., he's asking if it had a positive result in the islands. When Japan took over countries, they often set up outposts to run expirements on the citizens of that location, usually with the result of death to many. Because of that, the answer is simply no.

I would say it is a yes and a no. The Japanese takeover of the islands expelled the European powers from the pacific that had been, for many years, exploiting the natural resources from their colonies. French and British policies on Indochina and Burma were brutal. On the other hand, the Japanese became another colonial power, and it exploited the natural resources for its war machine. Sure, they conquered those islands under the slogan "Asia for the Asiatics", but their intentions were the same as those of the European powers were: exploit resources and control the islands. The answer to the question would be more inclined to a negative result than to a positive.

Let's start a new topic. Today, while I was at a restaurant with a friend, he saw a girl that he thought was pretty. I encouraged him to go talk with her, but he was simply embarrassed. Now, I ask this: why is it simple for men to talk with other men, but when they talk to women, they become shy?

I remember once listening to a lecture from the pickup artist on why Men are insecure about approaching Women to show they are interested. We are literally scared to death to do so. Although I don't subscribe to all he says, his explanation did make a bit of sense to me...

Our own biology doesn't evolve as fast as our technology does. Our psychology is actually wired for something around 20 thousand years ago. 20 thousand years ago man was living in small tribal communities. So we have to think about the psychology of man 20 thousand years ago, to understand our dating insecurities today.

Let's say you're a young man living 20 thousand years ago in a tribe of 40 people. You are not the leader of the tribe. You are a man looking for a mate. So lets look at the potential prospects. Lets say half the tribe are Men, and the other half Women. So you have 20 women to choose from. Out of those 20 females, once we weed out the too young, too old, the sickly, crippled, etc., you are probably left with around 4 females who would make a potential mate. That's how big your fish bowl is. These 4 females are likely your only chance at a mate ever. The leaders and alpha males of the tribe naturally take the best women for themselves. So there is a good chance that any female you seek for has already been taken, out of your league, or is being pined for by at least one other alpha male in the tribe.

So the stakes are high. Your options for a mate are very few. Let's say you go for a female mate that is taken by one of the tribe leaders, or his friends. If she doesn't return your feelings, then you've lost out on maybe your only chance at a mate. Or even worse, lets say she rejects your advances at her and tells the other alpha males in the tribe. Those alpha males may see you as a threat or competition, and seek out to kill you.

So for us Men, when we are contemplating on making advances on a female, internally we are nervous that if we are rejected, best case scenario is we will live the rest of our life's alone, and worst case scenario is the men related to this woman will come after us. And that's why it feels like we are putting everything on the line when approach a female.

Something to chew on,

- Mix

Let's start a new topic. Today, while I was at a restaurant with a friend, he saw a girl that he thought was pretty. I encouraged him to go talk with her, but he was simply embarrassed. Now, I ask this: why is it simple for men to talk with other men, but when they talk to women, they become shy?

Well when it comes to this subject I believe it has everything to do with your own personality. I'm a bit ironic in that sense as I never get nervous talking to girls, in real life but on the internet it feels so weird. Most men simply lack the confidence and it might have something to do with their psyche/how they were raised. Growing up (ages birth-8) I was surrounded by nothing but females and my brother. I made my first male friend in 4th grade. Self confidence is another factor as how can you approach a woman with no confidence. It's almost as if they smell your fear and try to get you to back down, a man just has to counter that with some confidence. Don't let them get to you basically.

In this day and age, women look for a man and if they spot any sign of weakness almost instantly (but subconsciously) determine them unsuitable if they find any. Introducing yourself to a woman is a psychological battle first. For myself, I'm an easygoing guy and almost always start off any conversation by joking around. When a woman is laughing, they're easier to talk to. But as I said it's how you were brought up, I tend to normally have few close male friends, and more female friends.

Honestly the best thing I can advise guys with this problem to do is ask a gay guy. Ever notice how much more relaxed they are around women? They don't have the sexual tension most straight guys have so find it easier to talk to women.

Hello users of the CodZ. Monopoly Mac here with a topic that I personally find interesting and I'm sure you may find it interesting as well. You guys have discussed your opinions on abortion but I want to see if your feelings extend to this topic.

Stem cells. Stem cells are undifferentiated cells that can be found in the inner cell mass of blastocysts and other places. If we can learn to differentiate these cells into specific cells, we can save lives. Embryonic stem cell research cause controversy because it is the killing of a human embryo.

What qualifies as a human life to you? A baby that just gets conceived into the world or an embryo? Do you think it is worth researching embryonic stem cells at the loss of human embryos?

Awards

As far as I know, an embryo cannot feel anything, and cannot think.

Therefore, killing one, to me, is the equivalent of killing a sperm cell. Besides, stem cell research can give us unheard of medical benefits if we can master the craft.

Exactly how I feel. Most patients support donating extra embryos to support the cause. Almost every human being has been created for a reason. Couples get it on in hopes of creating a son or daughter who can live a life and continue the name. I support pro-choice because humans that are created without reason shouldn't go out into the world without any guidance. The parents obviously aren't prepared and the child is going to live a crap life.

Animals and most organisms don't perform something like an abortion because the environment and other factors limit their population. Our population isn't limited because humans are the only race with the ability to modify their environment. That means there is no cap on the population and we have to cap it ourselves at one point like China. It doesn't mean that until then, we have to let every single embryo and sperm live a life.

Awards

I am completely against stem cell research. A few of us had a similar conversation on Skype a week or two back, but I personally feel that life beings at the moment of conception. That child has the opportunity to flourish into something great, but you are taking away that opportunity and I feel that is wrong to do, no matter the circumstance.

I am completely against stem cell research. A few of us had a similar conversation on Skype a week or two back, but I personally feel that life beings at the moment of conception. That child has the opportunity to flourish into something great, but you are taking away that opportunity and I feel that is wrong to do, no matter the circumstance.

Exactly! A raped woman uses the rape as an excuse to abort the child, but she must think that it wasn't the baby's fault. He is an innocent child that knows nothing about the world. As Tac said, he is a new seed that will flourish as something good if raised correctly. If you cannot take care of the child, you might as well put it into adoption, but aborting it is, believe it or not, murder.

I could go on about how killing an embryo is not murder and whatnot but debates like these usually don't end in anyone's favor. It's all about perspective. The most important perspective to see things from is the mothers perspective.

None of you will ever give birth to a child or get pregnant. The point of Pro-choice is to give the mother a choice. If she feels the child will not live a happy life, it is her choice to give it up for adoption or abort it. It's not much fair for men or women to debate this when they haven't had to make the choice. Most mothers would probably give their child up for adoption. The ones who make the choice to abort, have their reasons. They won't like doing it but they have a choice.

Awards

I could go on about how killing an embryo is not murder and whatnot but debates like these usually don't end in anyone's favor. It's all about perspective. The most important perspective to see things from is the mothers perspective.

None of you will ever give birth to a child or get pregnant. The point of Pro-choice is to give the mother a choice. If she feels the child will not live a happy life, it is her choice to give it up for adoption or abort it. It's not much fair for men or women to debate this when they haven't had to make the choice. Most mothers would probably give their child up for adoption. The ones who make the choice to abort, have their reasons. They won't like doing it but they have a choice.

I am pro-life, personally. I think that if a mother is willing to make an abortion, then cell stem research should be allowed. I am against both to the fullest extent but if you look at it logically, one cannot be allowed while the other is denied. On the same token, you cannot deny one without them both being denied, in my eyes at least, and I would prefer for both of them to be denied. If the mother feels the child will not have a good life, she can always put it up for adoption, I do not feel that abortion or stem cell research is the answer to the "bad life" argument.

What if the baby has complications?

I debated this in my mind and tried to think about, and I assume you are talking about a mentally or physically retarded/disabled child. I think that they are just as much a person as anyone else, they deserve to live like the rest of us, their condition shouldn't put a target on their back, so the speak.

I debated this in my mind and tried to think about, and I assume you are talking about a mentally or physically retarded/disabled child. I think that they are just as much a person as anyone else, they deserve to live like the rest of us, their condition shouldn't put a target on their back, so the speak.

It does in nature.

Anyway, the majority of the time, the people who make the decision to give up the child, 9 times out of 10, she can't raise it. You say that the child will grow up to flourish and do great things and such, but truthfully... it won't. Children will only flourish if they are raised in household that is willing to raise it. Prepared to raise it. Children take time. More than the 9 months. Rape kids will often be broken in one way or anther mentally, be it from being raised in a bad house, or learning how they were conceived. (that can do serious damage to the psyche.)

Also, we have to free ourselves from that "Everyone is the best person ever" thing. People who grow up being raised wrong will more often than not, be unsuccessful, antisocial people who won't change the world.

I'm not saying they will all grow up to do absolutely great things, but they will have a life and they have the right to be happy. I never said they are the best people in the world. And to counter every single thing you said, you might have missed a key line I said.

If the mother feels the child will not have a good life, she can always put it up for adoption, I do not feel that abortion or stem cell research is the answer to the "bad life" argument.

I'd say killing an embryo is wrong, and as for stem cell research, honestly I'm on the fence with it. But like mentioned before, its perspective, everyone has their own ideas, or views, as for the matter someone being raped, then becoming pregnant, then the choice is the mother's alone. It would have to be in her best interest, but then there is the counter argument, and you realise it's not best leave the choice to someone else. How you see life, and what you believe is your choice. And yours alone. Any decision you make, and in this case abortion is probably one of the hardest decisions any woman would consider. Baring in mind the parental bond between a child and its mother.

I apologise if that made little sense, but then when it comes to this kind of thing, I have a habit of being nonsensical, and my mind over thinks a lot too.

It does in nature.

Anyway, the majority of the time, the people who make the decision to give up the child, 9 times out of 10, she can't raise it. You say that the child will grow up to flourish and do great things and such, but truthfully... it won't. Children will only flourish if they are raised in household that is willing to raise it. Prepared to raise it. Children take time. More than the 9 months. Rape kids will often be broken in one way or anther mentally, be it from being raised in a bad house, or learning how they were conceived. (that can do serious damage to the psyche.)

Also, we have to free ourselves from that "Everyone is the best person ever" thing. People who grow up being raised wrong will more often than not, be unsuccessful, antisocial people who won't change the world.

So what? You're just gonna kill it because you automatically arrived to the conclusion that the baby won't do good to society? I must agree that, as John Locke states, the behavior of a human being is influenced by the enviroment it was raised in. Nevertheless, exceptions always exist to this statement. As I have previously stated, every raped mother who decides to not abort the child will either put it to adoption or raise it herself. If she decides to do the latter, then she must be aware of the job it takes to raise a child and therefore will try to give it the best education available. Keep in mind that rape victims are always helped by their beloved beings, specially their family members, so most of the times they are no alone.

No. You would kill it because we know the child wouldn't be happy in life. That is the reason you are pro-life. You believe that every living thing has the right to be live a life and be happy. The latter cannot be achieved in many cases because of things like neglection and bad parenting. Adoption may seem like an easy escape but it is not at all like how they depict it in commercials or advertisements. It may take a long time to find the right parent and they may go through terrible times until then.

So why allow this cycle of unhappiness when you could have prevented the situation? The mother may go through heartbreak but it was her decision to make. At one point she may try again and actually raise a happy child.

Awards

Call of Duty Zombies Code of Conduct

The Code of Conduct (CoC for short) for using the website can be found here

Our Privacy / Cookie Policy

Call of Duty Zombies privacy policy / cookie information can be found here

Our Terms of Use

The terms of use can be found here

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, Code of Conduct, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. .