Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Doggy II

Your view of Human Life and World History

I like being able to discuss this matters with you guys and see the different oppinions you all have. I got another question for you'll:

Do you think Death penalty is inhumane or it teaches a lesson to criminals and it should be applied in every government?

It is not inhumane at all. If they kill someone, they are a threat to society and must die. Statistics show that those who kill once can and likely will kill again. It should be applied in every government.

I have a hard time comprehending that liberals support abortion, but don't support the death penalty, I mean really. These people had there chance. BUT, they should only be given the death penalty if people are absolutely sure that the person killed another.

EDIT: Oh, and the irony of this topic is that I have to give a speech on this in about a week. Speeches are pointless....

I think the Death Penalty is....well, I have two kind of feelings.

First, like ZOTD said, they are dangerous, and they must die. But only if given a fair trial and a thorough examination on whether they actually did it or not.

On the other hand, I don't really want people dying all over the place.

Awards

I would rather have five guilty men let off than one innocent person see his death by lethal injection.

No, it is not humane, but is it needed? Yes, I think it is. I hate the fact that we, as a society, as a race that visits space quite frequently and has computers that connect each other together in a blink of an eye, still have to deal with such issues as another person killing someone else. The idea of another person killing someone else is something I cannot wrap my mind around. What if the child a serial killer slaughtered was destined to find a cure for AIDS, or cancer, or discover a method of faster-than-light travel? Think of what that killer has robbed humanity of. Think of how many brilliant minds were killed in the Holocaust. What if one of those little girls gassed in Dachau had the potential to issue in an era of peace amongst the whole world?

That is why I deem the death penalty absolutely immoral and horrifying, but absolute necessary at the same time. While the actual act of killing someone is unforgivable and horrific, the fact that you are robbing humanity of a valued member of its interconnected community is the reason I feel the death penalty needs to stay.

I heavily disagree with you guys supporting the death penalty. An eye for an eye may seem rational from a distance but you have to think about it. If we followed that ideology, we are basically using other peoples actions as an excuse to perform foul acts. We are human because we can think and rationalize.

Not only that but execution costs a ton more money than simply putting a man in prison for life. Many times, people have to wait years until they are executed because they can appeal which takes time and there are others in line. Putting someone in prison is basically the same as out casting them from society which is in my opinion, a more humane thing to do than kill him.

EDIT: I also forgot to mention that the legal system makes mistakes. We have sent many innocent people to jail because of mistakes, now imagine how many times we have executed innocent men? We shouldn't take that chance.

Awards

Which is more expensive? Feeding and clothing a man for 20+ years or having a guillotine built?

Anyway, if you put someone in prison for life, what's the difference between that and killing them? I'll tell you, a chance to escape and wreak even more havoc.

Escape? If you're talking about an ordinary jail, then perhaps it's possible but an escape from an actual high security prison? I doubt it Takeo. Those are rare.

It may not make sense to you that Execution is more expensive but it is. After you are set up for death row, you have to wait. The man can do appeals which will delay his execution and these appeals require court time, judges, and lawyers which requires the governments money.

Awards

Every single human being is important. Governments that apply Death Penalty makes them no better than the guy they are killing. You must think of the family of the person who already knows what day and at what time he will die. That family is the one who suffers the most.

Compassion and solidarity. These are words that I just love because they show the best of us human beings. They make you feel the pain of others, even if they are your worst enemies. Everyone deserves a second chance, even if it means that they should spend the rest of their lifes in prison. You must feel compassion for these men because I can asure you that they are all ashamed and regretful of their actions, even if he was the worst of the worst. And please, don't use the "if this had happened then that" statement because you will never know what a person could have or haven't done once he's dead, and thus shouldn't use this statement as a judgement to a convicts's life.

As I said, compassion is the best feeling that you could ever have. It's what makes us human beings and care for each other. Jesus told us to forgive one another and to love each other just as God loves us. If you don't believe in God, think of him as your mother, and love everyone as your mother has loved you.

I support the killing of another human on a philosophical level in particular circumstances.

However, as we have seen in the good Old 'Deep South' States they seem to constantly get it wrong.

Eye witness testimony should never, ever, ever be allowed to be a deciding factor in these cases. Unfortunately this is often the case, and innocent people are getting killed.

If someone hurt my family in anyway though I wouldn't think twice about doing it myself. I'm a big, big fan of vigilante justice.

Just a quick note on the Religion issue - people tend to use it as the excuse, not the cause.

Doggy made a good point about Hitler concentrating on race, not religion. So true, which is why all the gypsies were hunted down.

An ultra extreme Muslim terrorist IMO is not doing it for any religious reason....Allah is probably the most gentle of all the Gods.....but no God would want any of the atrocities done in Their Name.

Religious leaders (in these extreme groups) are not religious - they are using religion as a tool of control and hatred. Makes me sick to the pit of my stomach. These guys are also whoring, drinking and doing drugs.....they might as well stick their finger up at Allah.

Well if you are put in prison, there is a chance you can get killed in there right? I'm not saying the world shouldn't have a death penalty and all (I live in Canada so I don't think we have one here.)

And also, it still costs money to put someone in a jail, feed them, clothe them, and everything else. An innocent person in jail could be filling a spot for a dangerous criminal.

Awards

I personally support the death penalty. Whether you would like to believe it or not, death is an important and necessary aspect of life. The human is made to survive and reproduce, so when another person threatens the ability of another to survive and reproduce, I believe it is necessary to take action against that male. I am not one to make the rules on when to use the death penalty, but I do believe it is fair and people get what they deserve. The government makes mistake because it is ran by humans, and humans make mistakes.

False memories. These are the issues, our brain creates false memories and experiences to trick our mind, that is the issue with people on the stand in court playing such a heavy role. We've all done it, the famous line of, "Oh, I swear that that happened." As an example for my response, I'll use racism, which is a big factor. People say they aren't racist, yet everyone is to a degree. Decades of studies show both conscious and unconscious biases lead to discriminatory actions, even if the person doesn't want to discriminate.

If you all know the case of George Zimmerman, you will hear mixed responses as to if he is racist. As a background for the case for those who are unaware, a black man by the name of Trayvon Martin was walking in a gated community with a hoodie on when George Zimmerman shot him. George tutors two young black students, but that doesn't mean he isn't racist or bias. His mind contradicted itself, while he tutored black kids, seeing a tall black teen triggered a bias inside him. I thought of this when someone up above talked about the Old Deep South.

A survey of 2,223 people showed that 37.5% of participants believed that 60% or more of crimes were committed by African-Americans, when in reality, only 38.4% are. Researchers are the College of Criminology and Criminal Justice at FSU said this, "Social developments have led to the widespread racial typification of crime, a process that essentializes race in terms of crime and crime in terms of race, thereby demonizing blacks as the locus of threat."

Anyway, I will leave you with a favorite quote of mine:

"We give humanity to those we know, but the true test is, Can we extend it to those we don't?"

I personally believe that we should re-introduce the death penalty here in Sweden, but only for the worst of criminals and only if the prosecutor have definite proof that the accused actually commited the crime in question.

I'd gladly see ABB hanged over in Norway as well. It would be a somewhat fitting punishment for such a monster, not to mention that it would save a lot of norweigan tax money which otherwise would have been used to tend for him.

Let's start a new topic. This one is very interesting:

If an individual has been a d*ck to you his entire life, and he suddenly decides to ask for your forgiveness, would you forgive him, or tell him to back off?

If someone has treated me horribly my entire life and asked for my forgiveness, I would probably forgive them slowly. I wouldn't want it to turn out that it's a false forgiveness, and that it meant nothing except to make a mockery/use you for something (I've been in this situation many, many times before). If someone genuinely proved over time that it's a truthful forgiveness, then I would gladly forgive them. For me it's jsut a matter of protecting myself and my trust for people.

Let's start a new topic. This one is very interesting:

If an individual has been a d*ck to you his entire life, and he suddenly decides to ask for your forgiveness, would you forgive him, or tell him to back off?

Some forgive simply to make themselves feel better. To get rid of their own guilty feelings.

It all comes down to the sincerety in their apology. If it's absolutely clear they know exactly what they did wrong and why it was wrong, then forgiveness is in order. Otherwise, they're probably just doing it for themselves.

If you've been a d*ck to me my entire life, then forgiveness is going to be difficult. I abandoned some kid who used to be my friend cuz he acted like a complete douche on Call of Duty. He really irritated me and I thought it was just his "gamin" self. When I hung out with him, he was even more of a d*ck. I haven't talked to him in a year, so I don't consider myself a forgiving person.

Awards

It depends. Like, if I don't see the person for 10 years, and they feel bad about what they did, then I'll forgive them. I guess it also depends on the amount of BS, so if they were really cruel, I might have to wait over time. They'll have to convince me.

Yes. Because I can.

I choose because I have the choice and decide to make it. There is no greater reason for anything in this life than this. For me forgiveness is someting I choose to give (or at least try, I am only human, it is a struggle to go against nature and forgive :mrgreen: )

Yes. Because I can.

I choose because I have the choice and decide to make it. There is no greater reason for anything in this life than this. For me forgiveness is someting I choose to give (or at least try, I am only human, it is a struggle to go against nature and forgive :mrgreen: )

A wise being once said: "to err is human, to forgive is divine".

And a wise being gave humanity free will; 'God's greatest gift to mankind...'

And a curse too :P We all can choose, and it is something that ruins all, why else was there the communism-capitalism conflict? Order vs freedom. Choice is more important than all as it is the basis of all: we choose whether to do good or ill, to forgive this person, to believe or not, and to follow God or to choose original sin (to want be our own master if anyone reading doesn't know).

Let's start a new topic. Today, while I was at a restaurant with a friend, he saw a girl that he thought was pretty. I encouraged him to go talk with her, but he was simply embarrassed. Now, I ask this: why is it simple for men to talk with other men, but when they talk to women, they become shy?

well i'm no guy but it's the same for us o:

i guess it's because when we're with those of the same gender, we are in our comfort zone. Therefore we don't care too much about what they might think, so see, it really comes down to your state of mind. A person is timid because they worry about having a good impression on the gender they are attracted to :)

Awards

I'll edit, this since I don't have much time but my overriding view is consequence to event, and how our choices, impact things around us. Funny thing is, I was watching WW2 documentay yesterday, that fits quite nicely with this view.

Call of Duty Zombies Code of Conduct

The Code of Conduct (CoC for short) for using the website can be found here

Our Privacy / Cookie Policy

Call of Duty Zombies privacy policy / cookie information can be found here

Our Terms of Use

The terms of use can be found here

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, Code of Conduct, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. .