Storyline Theories!

Well, since we were left off with the whole Big Bang easter egg where Richtofen and Sam switched bodies, the Earth is now blown up, AND the other three characters have regained their memory completely, what do you think will happen? How do you think "Dick-Tofen," as Dempsey so elegantly put it, will affect our gameplay in the future? Also, take note that while on Earth after it has been blown up, from one of the very far corners of Area 51, another Earth can be seen. Do you think this was a mistake or did Treyarch intentionally do this?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, since we were left off with the whole Big Bang easter egg where Richtofen and Sam switched bodies, the Earth is now blown up, AND the other three characters have regained their memory completely, what do you think will happen? How do you think "Dick-Tofen," as Dempsey so elegantly put it, will affect our gameplay in the future? Also, take note that while on Earth after it has been blown up, from one of the very far corners of Area 51, another Earth can be seen. Do you think this was a mistake or did Treyarch intentionally do this?

Some people say it might take place during '2012'(the end). This is due to the 1221 on the womans hat(12/21/12).

To answer the 2nd part of your question, Rissole made a thread about the whole 2nd Earth a long while back that explains how it's nothing more than a graphical error. You can view the thread here:

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/ ... 72&t=17206

For the first part, I hope they got their revenge on Richtofen. How is very hard to say.

Thanks for that link! All this time I've been sitting here thinking of all sorts of different explanations for the oddity. :P

What about the whole M.P.D. device? Do you think that little pyramid device hints at aliens in the future? I sure think it does. Perhaps these new 'aliens' will play a role with the 2012 apocalypse thing. It's wouldn't be impossible, since Assassin's Creed is also assuming that it will happen and is including that in their storyline.

To answer the 2nd part of your question, Rissole made a thread about the whole 2nd Earth a long while back that explains how it's nothing more than a graphical error. You can view the thread here:

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/ ... 72&t=17206

For the first part, I hope they got their revenge on Richtofen. How is very hard to say.

Thanks for that link! All this time I've been sitting here thinking of all sorts of different explanations for the oddity. :P

What about the whole M.P.D. device? Do you think that little pyramid device hints at aliens in the future? I sure think it does. Perhaps these new 'aliens' will play a role with the 2012 apocalypse thing. It's wouldn't be impossible, since Assassin's Creed is also assuming that it will happen and is including that in their storyline.

I believe the M.P.D. device is the result of one of 3 things.

1)Aliens certainly could've left it there, as it does reside up in space and appears to have been there for a rather long time. Aliens have long been implied to have a slight hand in zombies (where do you think they got the idea to build the raygun? Die Glock!) Also the well known fact that 115 does not originate from Earth as well.

2)Ancient Civilizations. Heavily hinted at within Shang. And you could even throw in time travel to say that someone, or a group of people, went back in time from either the current timeline, or maybe even from the future (Black Ops II takes place in 2025) to began experimenting with certain things that have been lost or forgotten for a long time, and brought it back with them for whatever purpose they so desired.

3)Alternate Dimensions. It kind of came across to me, in the radio within Moon where Richtofen is sent to wherever the M.P.D. originated and began hearing the voices, that he may have traveled to a completely different dimension altogether, and brought some malevolent force back with him (the voices) and they use the pyramid as a form of channeling their will using a conduit (Sam/Richtofen) to carry out their own motives.

I probably should've made a topic on this, but so many other people already have. Oh well.

Anyways, I personally believe number 3 to be the most likely.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

1)Aliens certainly could've left it there, as it does reside up in space and appears to have been there for a rather long time. Aliens have long been implied to have a slight hand in zombies (where do you think they got the idea to build the raygun? Die Glock!) Also the well known fact that 115 does not originate from Earth as well.

2)Ancient Civilizations. Heavily hinted at within Shang. And you could even throw in time travel to say that someone, or a group of people, went back in time from either the current timeline, or maybe even from the future (Black Ops II takes place in 2025) to began experimenting with certain things that have been lost or forgotten for a long time, and brought it back with them for whatever purpose they so desired.

3)Alternate Dimensions. It kind of came across to me, in the radio within Moon where Richtofen is sent to wherever the M.P.D. originated and began hearing the voices, that he may have traveled to a completely different dimension altogether, and brought some malevolent force back with him (the voices) and they use the pyramid as a form of channeling their will using a conduit (Sam/Richtofen) to carry out their own motives.

I probably should've made a topic on this, but so many other people already have. Oh well.

To be honest, I think it is all three. According to Richtofen and Nazi History, the MPD is a machine from an ancient civilization, who were also aliens, and they were known as the Vril-ya. That MPD is also a stable gateway to the dimension, Aether. So don't think it is one of the three, note that it is all three. ;)

In the loading screen, it said meanwhile, and shown a pyramid landing on the moon and 3 men walking through the ridge line while one watched. That hasn't happened yet in the story. (Sorry if this has been mentioned before)

To be honest, I think it is all three. According to Richtofen and Nazi History, the MPD is a machine from an ancient civilization, who were also aliens, and they were known as the Vril-ya. That MPD is also a stable gateway to the dimension, Aether. So don't think it is one of the three, note that it is all three. ;)

You make a very good point sir.

• Administrators

I was a bit confused by the question, so I got two possible meanings for it, so I answered both to prevent having to explain over multiple posts.

If you mean that the MPD and MDT are the same.

The MPD and MDT are two different things, so there is no MPD aka MDT. The MPD pyramid was made from aliens, and is on the Moon. MDT is the teleporters made by Group 935, which we see in Der Riese and Kino der Toten.

If you are asking about why he teleported to Moon from Der Riese.

The Der Riese prototype teleporter connected to the pyramid on Moon, that we know. My reason for it is because their is VRIL Energy inside the pyramid, and 115 inside the teleporters. VRIL Energy and Element 115 are basically the same thing, but the VRIL is much more concentrated. I basically think that becaus ethe substances are close to the same, they basically connected. The pyramid is a teleporter as well, so the two are made to connect to other teleporters, and it just chose the one on Moon.