Where does this leave Infinity Ward?

IW deserves respect. Without Big Red One and Cod 4, this series would have died out long ago.

Does anyone remember Cod 3? No, because it was horrible.

So you can love on WaW and Blops as much as you want but from a multiplayer standpoint no game even came close to the groundbreaking experience that COD 4 provided.

After the debacle that was MW2 and internal issues it was obvious that IW was on the decline. Even still they managed to release (with the help of sledgehammer) a much improved game in MW3. (Improved over MW2, I prefer it to Black ops multiplayer as well but that is more personal preference.)

So now Treyarch holds the torch of the Cod series but everyone needs to remember that without IW Black Ops probably wouldn't even exist. And there's nothing to say that in the future Treyarch won't fall apart and IW take the reigns again.

If they truly truly truly go back to what made them great, and I'm talking Cod 4 here: Bring back actual recoil, tone down kill streaks, and make simpler maps that award aggressive gun on gun (over hiding and stealth), among others (like get rid of pro perks). Then there's no reason why IW can't make the greatest Cod ever.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Infinity Ward? Well... It isn't looking good for them. Half the company left just after MW2 launched, and now Robert Bowling has gone they're without a manager. The resources and staff they have are not capable of making a game off their own back, so the only way I could see them have any involvement is if they team up with Sledgehammer again.

On the Modern Warfare side of things... Personally, I think they did it. And they did it well. It's done. 3 brilliant games spanning over the stories of a selection of truly captivating characters who you find yourself really empathising with. The campaign brought tonnes of innovation and hours of fun, with an incredible storyline. The multiplayer for all 3 games has been phenomenal. I don't care what anybody says, all 3 games are all superb showcases of the modern gaming industry. All 3 have had their flaws, but then, what in this world doesn't. But aside from all this, I think Modern Warfare has run its course. I think that saga is done, and it's time for something new. Whether it be Infinity Ward or Sledgehammer or maybe somebody completely new, I think Modern Warfare needs to be left alone at its peak, for it to stand proud over every other game in the market. It's been fun, but I think Infinity Ward need to respect it, and just let it go...

+5

I actually like Infinity Ward, I just went back and bought MW1 a couple of days ago, it was great.I also have MW3, and plan on getting MW2