Where does this leave Infinity Ward?

Do you think now that black ops 2 is in the future IW will make a modern warfare 4? I hope they don't, personally i'd like to see them go back in time to either WW2 or even WW1. I think a game based on WW2/WW1 would be great now that we've got lots of new modes, strike packages and pro perks lots of things that COD5 didn't have. I'd like to see them make a game in the past, obviously they can't do WaW 2. Does anyone know if the Modern warfare storyline has ended? I haven't played cod4 mw2 or mw3s campaign so i have no idea on the story. I know black ops 2 isn't even out but i was thinking it would be stupid for 3 games in a row to be set very close to eachother.

Oh and, will Infinity Ward even be making cod10? (If there is one) I've heard there falling apart and activisions taking them to court?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Infinity Ward? Well... It isn't looking good for them. Half the company left just after MW2 launched, and now Robert Bowling has gone they're without a manager. The resources and staff they have are not capable of making a game off their own back, so the only way I could see them have any involvement is if they team up with Sledgehammer again.

On the Modern Warfare side of things... Personally, I think they did it. And they did it well. It's done. 3 brilliant games spanning over the stories of a selection of truly captivating characters who you find yourself really empathising with. The campaign brought tonnes of innovation and hours of fun, with an incredible storyline. The multiplayer for all 3 games has been phenomenal. I don't care what anybody says, all 3 games are all superb showcases of the modern gaming industry. All 3 have had their flaws, but then, what in this world doesn't. But aside from all this, I think Modern Warfare has run its course. I think that saga is done, and it's time for something new. Whether it be Infinity Ward or Sledgehammer or maybe somebody completely new, I think Modern Warfare needs to be left alone at its peak, for it to stand proud over every other game in the market. It's been fun, but I think Infinity Ward need to respect it, and just let it go...

I want to see IW get back on it's feet and make more games like COD 4, that was their best. In my opinion, they should have Sledghammer start making their own games and have each developer release one every three years.

Honestly, I couldn't care less.

After CoD 4 Infinity Ward has been complete mess.

Modern Warfare 2 was horrible and didn't have any support them.

I didn't buy Modern Warfare 3 again because Infinity Ward showed they couldn't care at all about the community.

Call of Duty 1,2 and 4 were good. Afyer them IW died.

Respawn will come back hopefully with a good game.

Mw2 would've been my favourite cod without all the bs the mw2 shotguns were better than black ops even without stopping power. If they didn't have one man army and scavenger replenishing nearly everything then I wouldn't of minded it. Danger close is more needed in mw3 than mw2

If (when?) they make a new game, I hope they start from scratch. MW2 was the first IW game I played, and I did like it. I even liked the multiplayer. Not a scratch on WAW or Black Ops imo, but still enjoyable. The only thing I didn't like was the campaign because it seemed kind of plain. But still worth the £20 I paid.

Stupidly enough, my mates talked me into getting MW3, we even went to the midnight launch. I paid £45 for this one, and it hasn't given me a third of the fun MW2 has, or even a 1/50th of what black ops gave me. Seriously flawed online and completed the campaign on Veteran, collected all intel AND got all of the singleplayer trophies in less than 6 HOURS. I know CoD games aren't going to be the length of a Final Fantasy game or something like Skyrim, but damn, that was ridiculous.

The only reason I ever play it is when one of my old mates is on, because we don't get the chance to see each other in person, so we have a few games and a chat. Apart from that I honestly think it's more usefull as a coaster on the table.

If they don't start from scratch, I feel like they're just building on unstable groundwork. It's going to collapse eventually. I know a lot of people that hate the game now (when it came out over half of my friends played it, after a month literally no one on my list plays it except one. And even that's only once or twice a month).

Bring on Black Ops II, Treyarch have never disappointed me (at least not yet) and they actually put thought and innovation into their games. Black ops gave us a bigger and better, more in depth zombie experience, combat training, playercards and customisation of emblems, more emphasis on skill (multiplayer, no ridiculously OP weapons, no half map knife lunging and no constant noob tube spam), even the computer terminal is brilliant.

Black Ops II sounds like a completely new way to play (regarding the interviews on youtube, unsure if spoilers/leaks so I won't mention or link the info), zombies will be even bigger and they've really been digging into real life tech to make their game as realistic as possible (even if unlikely).

Long live Treyarch!

I never brought MW2 because people said it wasn't that great. I brought MW3 because I loved Black Ops (BIG MISTAKE). The campaign has a decent story but the gameplay is in ruins. Beach, slow motion effect, kills guards, walk through a door, rinse and repeat. Spec Ops is just a waste of space on the HDD, it bores me very quickly and is too easy. Multiplayer does have some great new features like the point streaks system and some good mode like infected and Team Defender but everything else is the same over and over again.

I have been thinking that the only reason Infinity Ward make COD games is for them to calm us down. Then Treyarch will release their game and it'll seem like a breath of fresh air and makes us think about how bad other games have been compared to this. If this is the case then i may not buy another game from IW while they're making COD games. I'm sorry but MW3 really disappointed me. (I only play it now just so i can beat that annoying prestige system they've had in all the COD games, so repetitive). I just have that feeling that Infinity Ward doesn't do anything special, they like to stay in the shallow end, Treyarch have gone on a limb with BOII and I really do hope it pays off.

I wouldn't mind waiting for a while for the next COD game by Treyarch. IF this is the end of Infinity Ward then so be it. If they carry on then they need to start putting in some more creative ideas, possibly a LOT different from their last game, that would be a start. :x

Infinite Ward aren't even half the team they were back when they made COD4 and MW2. So many have left from IW that I just don't see them having any real potential to do anything good with the COD series. They probably will end up making another COD game however, because I am sure Activision will want as much money they can possibly get.

MW2 has been my favorite CoD game actually. I liked the variety. It does have it's issues, just like every game, but nowadays it's not as bad because most of the noobs move to the newest game. The maps were great. The problem with their support was because they were dealing with a lawsuit at the time so things just didn't do well. Bowling was pretty good for MW3. I saw him talk on Twitter a bit. In fact, when he was there we had a new cycle of guns for Infected every two weeks. Since he's left, we haven't had one gun switch. Bowling got a lot of crap he didn't deserve.

I think IW will be giving another chance to to make the game. This is the big question. Has Treyarch showed them what they're doing with the game? Because if not, the next game is going to be a fail. If the gamble that Treyarch is doing pays off, and from all that I'm hearing I think it will, then IW cannot and I mean CANNOT put out another game with the same multiplayer we've had since the beginning. Treyarch is going to change everything with the way this game can be played. IW doesn't need to be left in the dark or it could kill their sells for whatever the game is.

What ever happened to survival guys?? I havn't written my review on MW3 so i guess this is where i am going to do it.... I thought survival looked better than it was. I liked it, but unless one of my good friends is on i don't feel like playing it. The Spec Op missions are just what they should be, average. The campaign, i never finished. Not because it wasn't good, just i wasn't compeled to play it. Now on to multiplayer. The staple of IW games is that. I personally thought that MW3 multiplayer was the BEST multiplayer of ANY COD game. (never play MW) BUT, yes i said but, i don't play it that much. I think everyone is tired of multiplayer being the main thing, its just the same thing over and over......Kill some people, level up, level up, level up, prestige! Rinse Wash Repeat. I think zombies is what people want....its just so advanced and co-op is better than p v p at this point in the COD serries.

I enjoyed MW2 spec ops, but i think MW3's was terrible. They didn't have much variety of levels i thought. I enjoy survival but it would've been better if they added killstreaks like osprey gunner/AC-130 pave low ah-6 overwatch IMS juggernaut.

In the dust.

YES! This.^ I swear I was just about to post this. Who cares about MW or IW? I hate their games. There is no secret to it at all. I mean, I know they don't have zombies, so the secrecy doesn't really come with the game. But they could have tried. You pop in the disc and flip through the options in the main menu, and you have literally seen all there is to see. The campaigns were alright, and the multiplayer is decent, but othere than that, I feel like I'm playing a paintball game with real guns. Very very sorry excuse for a game. With Black Ops 2 having a new engine, I have a feeling IW is a thing of the past. Multiplayer movements will be up'd and with it being set it 2025, the guns difference will not be too far off. I see this time being the best of both companies, And we all know how it will end in a battle to the death. :twisted: IW sucks at life. It's time Treyarch puts them out of their misery.

I didn't buy Modern Warfare 3 again because Infinity Ward showed they couldn't care at all about the community.

Not true mate,MW2 and MW3 are realy good games,milion peoples plaing it,because u dont like it dont judge it this way!AND IW and activision care about community thaey actualy replay on my tweets if is it COD Elite.IW or Activission assist.So dont make statmen on individual feelings!Right out!

and one more thing with out IW there wont be any call of duty!!!

In the dust.

YES! This.^ I swear I was just about to post this. Who cares about MW or IW? I hate their games. There is no secret to it at all. I mean, I know they don't have zombies, so the secrecy doesn't really come with the game. But they could have tried. You pop in the disc and flip through the options in the main menu, and you have literally seen all there is to see. The campaigns were alright, and the multiplayer is decent, but othere than that, I feel like I'm playing a paintball game with real guns. Very very sorry excuse for a game. With Black Ops 2 having a new engine, I have a feeling IW is a thing of the past. Multiplayer movements will be up'd and with it being set it 2025, the guns difference will not be too far off. I see this time being the best of both companies, And we all know how it will end in a battle to the death. :twisted: IW sucks at life. It's time Treyarch puts them out of their misery.

Black Ops II doesn't have a new engine. It's engine has been updated, as it has every time they've started a game, but it isn't brand new.

Not true mate,MW2 and MW3 are realy good games,milion peoples plaing it,because u dont like it dont judge it this way!AND IW and activision care about community thaey actualy replay on my tweets if is it COD Elite.IW or Activission assist.So dont make statmen on individual feelings!Right out!

exactly that's what was bugging me about all the hate one person even said they came late to call of duty thats fine. I don't know exactly how many CoDs there are but i started on finest hour, i played 2 and big red 1, played 3, played all the MW series, played W@W, and black ops. so i cant really give up on them i mean its kinda time for change and well it sounds like that's what their doing with black ops II so who knows what the next game after that will be.

You just made an statement out of your opinion...

And just because millions of people play something, it doesn't mean that the game is good. The amount of fun you have in a game is based on your personal enjoyments and likes, it's not something that can be universally decided.

I enjoyed MW2 spec ops, but i think MW3's was terrible. They didn't have much variety of levels i thought. I enjoy survival but it would've been better if they added killstreaks like osprey gunner/AC-130 pave low ah-6 overwatch IMS juggernaut.

Trust me...there is variety. Spec ops is what I do, and what I'm known on youtube for. Spec Ops was actually very impressive and attracted a lot of people, with that being said I hope they continue it how they have now.

• 2 months later...