My Disclaimer ****PLEASE READ****

This is just a disclaimer so everyone can know where I am at....

So as most of you know I now work at Treyarch, and because of that I had to relinquish my ownership of this site. I have passed on admin and financial responsibilities to Covert, Lissa and probably another person once Covert takes a break. So just so we are all clear, in terms of CoDz, I am simply the founder. The guy who built this site from the ground up and the creator of callofdutyzombies.com. I no longer run this site on a day to day basis. Ok, I just want to make sure that is clear to everyone.

I wasn't expecting Lamia to confirm zombies so early in the year, however he has, so it is no longer a secret that I am working production QA on zombies for Black Ops II. Since I am working on zombies I have secretly been visiting the site over the past few month, looking what everyone is talking about.

Now obviously, under NDA and fear of loosing my job, I will not and I repeat, will NOT disclose any kind of information about zombies, nor will I ever post in any thread that involves Black Ops II. Everything I now say publicly will be viewed as info, or whatever for the new game, and I will not jeopardize, the game or my job. On a side note with that I will NOT NOT NOT NOT answer any questions you ask me about zombies. I am sorry but you have to understand where I am coming from. So you may see me on the forums, but that does not mean I am posting zombies stuff or anything like that, and please do not see it as an invitation to ask me questions you know I won't answer.

I will however post in threads that have NO connection to zombies or Black Ops 2. The main reason why you will see me on CoDz until and after Black Ops 2 release is to see what you all are saying, see what ideas you come up with, and what theories everyone has.

So..... in conclusion, I am looking at CoDz from the other side now and my role has changed, but I want people to know that I have not completely left you guys. I even have more zombie devs reading the forums :D I think that about covers all I want to say for now.

- carbon

[brains]

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I you haven't gotten how STOCKED I am to see you back and to know that the dev team is watching us yet, I have failed at life.

I guess now all I can do is look up at you guys and hope that you could notice little ol' me.

Great to know some more info about our lord and master! I think we all understand why you cannot tell us anything about Zombies, and to be honest most of us will be glad. Where's the fun in being told everything? We are the best at decoding Treyarch's secrets, and we love doing it! Honestly man, you have been absolutely outstanding running this site, funding it and everything for so long, and you now have the dream job you deserve! I wish you the best of luck at Treyarch, and want to extend my personal thanks to you for creating such an amazing, and wonderful community here at CoDz!

-Jolteon

The fact that Carbon is working on the production side of Zombies just amplifies CoDz ten fold. Seems we never fail to have a dozen threads spread out across the forums saying "Hey Treyarch, read this!" Well, what used to sound like only crossing your fingers would be enough, it's now being directly read because one employee, is our founder. ;)

Good luck Carbon, hope things are going well!

• Administrators

It's good to know that Treyarch is actually watching over us. I will have to start posting my suggestions in the future section now that I know they are being looked at and maybe even considered.

• 2 weeks later...

It's common knowledge Treyarch pop back and forth here every now and again to check up on ideas and theories and such-like, I mean, the idea of Sam being included was because someone here posted saying that one of the zombie's screams sounds like it's saying "Sam". But now with our founder working at Treyarch, it can only ingratiate us deeper and deeper into the world of Zombies, and I can guarantee you that we'll see ideas and pipe-dreams that pop up on here, pop up on the final game. I for one am so excited to see exactly how much of an impact we will have on the finished product, and I wish Carbon the best of luck in making his and our Zombies dreams become a reality.

• 7 months later...

production quality assistant or assurance. basically (i think) they test the games, find problems, bugs, glitches, report them to the devs and the devs fix them.

i think.

eta: if you remember the movie "grandma's boy" i think those guys were basically production qa guys. they tested each level or map as it was made and reported their findings to the coder guy.